12F7532C-74D1-4C23-B411-00903E072A83 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4111 (resized).jpg
20200927_130059 (resized).jpg
20200927_114202 (resized).jpg
IMG_0423 (resized).jpg
IMG_0422 (resized).jpg
021 (2) (resized).JPG
A36B34AC-C8DC-43E8-8021-809DDC17D93B (resized).jpeg
There are 723 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 15.
#501 6 years ago
Quoted from McPin54:

This might be a crazy question but should I keep my old code and not update to 1.01? I am having a blast on the previous version.
After reading some of the comments, I feel like the improvements are not really much of an improvement and I DON'T want a slow hyperloop.
Any thoughts?
Thank you

If you’re having fun...why update?

#502 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

If you’re having fun...why update?

I agree. I'm all about adding more fun if I can. Sounds like the updates are not very exciting. Is it true that the hyperloop gets slower?

#503 6 years ago
Quoted from McPin54:

I agree. I'm all about adding more fun if I can. Sounds like the updates are not very exciting. Is it true that the hyperloop gets slower?

No. The code doesn’t make any changes to the hyperloop. There are some bugs fixes. One huge one where you won’t lose your ball if the game fails to stop the ball during mission select.

#504 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

No. The code doesn’t make any changes to the hyperloop. There are some bugs fixes. One huge one where you won’t lose your ball if the game fails to stop the ball during mission select.

Actually, mine holds the ball during mission select. I was hoping for addition multiball code......like gardians just came out with

#505 6 years ago

The hyperloop speed is definately slower, but it does not hit the dropdoor and hit the glass now. That was happening on mine and it was a pretty violent smack on the glass. It also restarts the ball after the dead flipper thing. I wish some other changes would be made.

#506 6 years ago

I am finding the game really fusterating. I am not a pin wizard but I dont suck either. I have had the game for i guess 9 months now and yet to crack the death star (le) or win the death star mode. I dont mind the challenge but when the plunge hits the bank and sends the ball directly down the left drain one after the next, that really sucks. I am going to try adjusting the bank angle as suggested so this does not happen. It would be nice to adjust the plunge strength in the software and simplify things like the 2 ball kill the death star or give more time. I have been playing the game exclusevly trying to make some progress but not getting anywhere lately.

Also, the hyper ramp shot is really hard. Occasionally I can backhand it which is a better angle, but it does not have nough speed to make it up the ramp. I am wondering if i can lower the angle a touch. Again another thing that makes it tough, aim is good but a limitation of the flipper strenth or design makes it really hard to play.

#507 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

I am finding the game really fusterating. I am not a pin wizard but I dont suck either. I have had the game for i guess 9 months now and yet to crack the death star (le) or win the death star mode. I dont mind the challenge but when the plunge hits the bank and sends the ball directly down the left drain one after the next, that really sucks. I am going to try adjusting the bank angle as suggested so this does not happen. It would be nice to adjust the plunge strength in the software and simplify things like the 2 ball kill the death star or give more time. I have been playing the game exclusevly trying to make some progress but not getting anywhere lately.
Also, the hyper ramp shot is really hard. Occasionally I can backhand it which is a better angle, but it does not have nough speed to make it up the ramp. I am wondering if i can lower the angle a touch. Again another thing that makes it tough, aim is good but a limitation of the flipper strenth or design makes it really hard to play.

It is an extremely frustrating game. Check your playfield angle. It really needs to be 6.5 degrees. This will help you backhand the deathstar shot, and could also solve your left drain issues. The correct playfield angle really makes that much difference on this game. We have had our LE for 7 months and only managed to destroy the death star 3 times using Battle above Endor to do it. A fellow pinsider posted how to.

If you have a few different games in your collection, SW is fantastic. It is extremely frustrating to the point where you have to change your tactics or get rid of the machine. I play Han and concentrate on getting the hyperloop hurry up (hyperloop multiball) picking up whatever I can on the way. Concentrate on safe shots and build from there. The beauty of SW is there are plenty of different ways to play the machine. We love ours but I get that frustrated with the game, I leave it and play a different machine.

Good Luck!

#508 6 years ago

It is a left outlane monster.

#509 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

The hyperloop speed is definately slower, but it does not hit the dropdoor and hit the glass now. That was happening on mine and it was a pretty violent smack on the glass. It also restarts the ball after the dead flipper thing. I wish some other changes would be made.

The slower Hyperloop has not been a problem for me until now. I just installed a shaker. Now the new slower Hyperloop speed seems to be affected by the two shakes at the start of a hyperloop. If it makes it past the two shakes, it is fine. Otherwise the shakes cause the loop to fall down the bottom of the loop.

I hope they can get the timing worked out and speed the loop back up. The super fast loop is really fun.

#510 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Just put a ring between the posts I'm really hating the left outlane myself. Still haven't destroyed the Deathstar. I can typically get one or two shots to the hyperloop in a game. I just keep practicing that shot, but no love so far.

#511 6 years ago

Seriously, the distance between the posts of the left outlane vs the right is about a quarter of an inch even after moving the adjustable post down. I am thinking of drilling another hole...

#512 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Seriously, the distance between the posts of the left outlane vs the right is about a quarter of an inch even after moving the adjustable post down. I am thinking of drilling another hole...

That’s crazy talk. If you’re really annoyed, try thicker rubber rings on the post.

#513 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

The real Mr Gottlieb would never say such an insane thing.

#514 6 years ago

Oh, wow. You got me. I feel like an idiot.

#515 6 years ago
Quoted from reflex33:

Anyone else have the ball get stuck going around the hyperspace loop more than it should? Like when you hit a hyperspace hurry up and it used to go around 3 times and then into the diverted, but now I’m seeing it go around about 20 times. It still comes out of the diverter like normal, but that seems wrong.

So this just happened to me twice - two games in a row. While playing Hoth2/Tatooine2 as Luke, I hit the Hyperloop and it went around countless times. Clearly not Hyperspace multiball mode, it was the initial hyperspace mode. The first time it finally stopped on its own and fell out the bottom of the death star - 20-30 times around. The second time it went really really long. Eventually i turned off the game to stop it.

I love the hyperloop. Starting to get a little frustrated with the diverter - 1.) excessive hyperloops with Luke on Hoth2/Tatooine2 and 2.) diverter catapulting

Hope the new code this month has a big diverter fix and the hyperloop speeds back up again.

#516 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

It is an extremely frustrating game. Check your playfield angle. It really needs to be 6.5 degrees. This will help you backhand the deathstar shot, and could also solve your left drain issues. The correct playfield angle really makes that much difference on this game. We have had our LE for 7 months and only managed to destroy the death star 3 times using Battle above Endor to do it. A fellow pinsider posted how to.
If you have a few different games in your collection, SW is fantastic. It is extremely frustrating to the point where you have to change your tactics or get rid of the machine. I play Han and concentrate on getting the hyperloop hurry up (hyperloop multiball) picking up whatever I can on the way. Concentrate on safe shots and build from there. The beauty of SW is there are plenty of different ways to play the machine. We love ours but I get that frustrated with the game, I leave it and play a different machine.
Good Luck!

This game has made me a lot better player on other games, especially in my collection. It's hard to explain but it's so fast and hard other games feel a lot easier and slows them down for me. Definitely has made me a better shooter (hitting shots).

#517 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I put a rubber blocking off the left outlane and it still drains left.....

Yep

#518 6 years ago

Guys - modifying it gameplaywise means you're not playing the game as designed and can't take credit for your scores.

#519 6 years ago

I dont have a tilt guage but using the bubble i lifted the front of the game slightly (flatter). It works a bit better but the replunge still at times sends the ball right down the left drain. It seems to happen in a series. Does the plunger power adjust by itself? The plunge will hit the center bank, then the right bank normally, but then other times will hit the center then totally miss the left bank and just head straight down the drain. It will happen a couple times in a row then back to hitting the left bank.

#520 6 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Guys - modifying it gameplaywise means you're not playing the game as designed and can't take credit for your scores.

Yep, whatever. I haven’t modified mine like that but don’t have a problem with people adjusting their games however they like so they can best enjoy the game (of course if they permanently alter the game they’ll probably pay for it when they try to sell).

If you step back for a moment, it’s not different than adjusting pitch, outhole gap, ball saver, or fifty other settings that change the difficulty and therefore affect the score. If you really want to compare scores you’ll have to do it on the exact same machine.

#521 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Yep, whatever. I haven’t modified mine like that but don’t have a problem with people adjusting their games however they like so they can best enjoy the game (of course if they permanently alter the game they’ll probably pay for it when they try to sell).
If you step back for a moment, it’s not different than adjusting pitch, outhole gap, ball saver, or fifty other settings that change the difficulty and therefore affect the score. If you really want to compare scores you’ll have to do it on the exact same machine.

Agree 100%. I was talking to Dwight Sullivan about this in Louisville, on how I had to lower the outlane posts to make the game halfway fair. He was all for it, he said it amazes him how many people refuse to change anything settings wise on a game. He said that's what those settings and outlane post holes are there for, to customize based upon that machine's and/or owner's needs....

#522 6 years ago

been away awhile. did the fork problem get solved yet?

#523 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Agree 100%. I was talking to Dwight Sullivan about this in Louisville, on how I had to lower the outlane posts to make the game halfway fair. He was all for it, he said it amazes him how many people refuse to change anything settings wise on a game. He said that's what those settings and outlane post holes are there for, to customize based upon that machine's and/or owner's needs....

I'm not talking about settings put in place by the game's designers. I'm talking about bending ballguides and putting tape all over the place to "fix" issues. "Fix" what you will, but don't post your scores afterwards...

#524 6 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I'm not talking about settings put in place by the game's designers. I'm talking about bending ballguides and putting tape all over the place to "fix" issues. "Fix" what you will, but don't post your scores afterwards...

That I can agree with.

Dwight was talking about some owners who never move their machines from default settings not making any sense, which I also agree with as well. The factory adaptability is there for a reason, although setting your number of balls in a game to 10 makes that questionable....

#525 6 years ago

Is adjusting a ball guide worse than switching a game from 3 balls to 5 balls or some other allowed setting adjustment that makes the game harder or easier? Either way, you can't compare scores Apples to Apples. Unless it is a tournament situation, I don't see the big deal personally.

#526 6 years ago

After playing with the settings and dropping the outlane posts, there still remains one thing--the Pro model has the extra post and that alone affects the gameplay. Why was it not removed from both models?

#527 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

After playing with the settings and dropping the outlane posts, there still remains one thing--the Pro model has the extra post and that alone affects the gameplay. Why was it not removed from both models?

Here's some info re: the "extra post" by the drop targets:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/80#post-4320514

#528 6 years ago

Yeah, I read that. But the Pro is still being made this way and the Premium isn't. Makes no sense. Either pull the the post from the Pro or add it to the Premium.

#529 6 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

If you have to bend a ball guide to make the game play the way the designers intended it to play then your score is legitimate and you should post it if you wish. Adding anything to a stock set up is a different story (tape extra post) and score should be considered a ?, but do what you want to your machine as long as you’re having fun.

#530 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Yeah, I read that. But the Pro is still being made this way and the Premium isn't. Makes no sense. Either pull the the post from the Pro or add it to the Premium.

Why? You don’t compare scores across models. The premium and pro don’t need to play the same at all. This is the case for most pro / premiums out there. They play quite different regardless of that post. There is also another post at the top of the drops that is on the pro, so actually it is +2 posts. It would actually be more strange to make a running change to the pro model and have some pros with the posts and others without.

#531 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Why? You don’t compare scores across models. The premium and pro don’t need to play the same at all. This is the case for most pro / premiums out there. They play quite different regardless of that post. There is also another post at the top of the drops that is on the pro, so actually it is +2 posts. It would actually be more strange to make a running change to the pro model and have some pros with the posts and others without.

The post(s) were added prior to the change to drop targets. This area of both the Pro and Premium are pretty much the same. If the original design idea to use standups rather than drop targets was implemented there would be posts on both models. Also, what is with the retractable plastic upright post in the loop?

#532 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

The post(s) were added prior to the change to drop targets. This area of both the Pro and Premium are pretty much the same. If the original design idea to use standups rather than drop targets was implemented there would be posts on both models. Also, what is with the retractable plastic upright post in the loop?

Original design was to have standups on the Pro model, hence the posts. Game was changed to drops but playfields were already done.

Plastic post comes up to stop the ball during Hoth mission selects / video mode so it won’t bounce out.

#533 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Original design was to have standups on the Pro model, hence the posts. Game was changed to drops but playfields were already done.
Plastic post comes up to stop the ball during Hoth mission selects / video mode so it won’t bounce out.

I have never seen it come up. I will be looking for that.

#534 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I have never seen it come up. I will be looking for that.

Yep it comes up for a split second and goes down when the ball comes to a stop.

#535 6 years ago

I get crazy airballs from shooting hoth via the left flipper and leaving the left flipper at rest for the ball to bounce off it. The game is perfectly leveled / pitched.

Anyone else see this? Maybe my titan bands are too firm?

#536 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I get crazy airballs from shooting hoth via the left flipper and leaving the left flipper at rest for the ball to bounce off it. The game is perfectly leveled / pitched.
Anyone else see this? Maybe my titan bands are too firm?

Make sure the bands aren't sitting too high on the flippers. That will cause airballs more often in my experience.

#537 6 years ago

High? Don't you mean low?

#538 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

High? Don't you mean low?

In my experience the higher the rubbers the more airballs I get. Maybe if they are sitting super low, the same can occur.

#539 6 years ago

Some of you guys are panzies; what did you expect from Steve Ritchie?

Outlanes can be tough, but not as brutal as STTNG.

It's classic SR gameplay, you need to know where you are going with the ball, and hit the shot, if you don't; you risk losing your ball...I think the game is fast and furious; hard but rewarding...It's another SR masterpiece IMO.

#540 6 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

It's classic SR gameplay, you need to know where you are going with the ball, and hit the shot, if you don't; you risk losing your ball...I think the game is fast and furious; hard but rewarding...It's another SR masterpiece IMO.

Thanks. Nice perspective!

#541 6 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

The other day I got to the destroy DS multiball mode and watched one ball after the next auto plung straight down the left drain, it was almost amusing if it didnt suck. Thats not skill related. I highly doubt this is the intent of SR. During regular play its not an issue, it becomes more skill at that point. I have been working on figuring out a solution withoutactual game mod. If there was a plnger setting as suggested, that would be helpful!

4 weeks later
#542 5 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Has anyone had their game "slam tilt" in the middle of a game? 1st time, but there was NO shaking of any kind going on when it happened. Strange.

Yes, happened to me tonight on 1.03 code; haven't seen it in hundreds of games since last August. Was in Tatooine planet multi ball mode, with a shaker motor...played a few games since and hasn't happened again.

#543 5 years ago

There is a bulletin from Stern on this issue
Cabinet Node Capacitor Kit 502-7059-00

#544 5 years ago

So I went and got some rubber mounts for the node board directly under the flippers- The idea is to limit any damage to any components or solder joints over several years of use. I just screwed them in to the holes left by the existing screws and and used m3 screws to mount the board.

#545 5 years ago

Another code bug: I had the flippers die and ball drain when i was selecting Hoth I mode and Endor I mode stack while playing with princess Lea.
Tried to replicate it again however couldn't manage to do it.

Is there some kind of register or log to report these?

Thanks

#547 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

Another code bug: I had the flippers die and ball drain when i was selecting Hoth I mode and Endor I mode stack while playing with princess Lea.
Tried to replicate it again however couldn't manage to do it.
Is there some kind of register or log to report these?
Thanks

Have you updated your game code? The last couple of updates addressed this issue. Also, [email protected] do not answer your emails. We have sent plenty and never received a response.

#548 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Have you updated your game code? The last couple of updates addressed this issue. Also, [email protected] do not answer your emails. We have sent plenty and never received a response.

yea I had this issue on the latest 1.03 code.
Guess i'll report it to that email
Thanks

#549 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

yea I had this issue on the latest 1.03 code.
Guess i'll report it to that email
Thanks

Good luck with it!

#550 5 years ago

They won't respond to that email. It is for reporting bugs only. They reference it when putting together an update.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 723 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-problems-and-solutions/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.