• Awesome pinball machine 20 votes
    61%
  • Yaaaa its average 5 votes
    15%
  • Expensive dust collector 8 votes
    24%

(33 votes)

#2 5 years ago

I don't have an LE, but I have a Premium and I love this game man. It's addictive as hell and I find myself migrating to it all the time. Money well spent in my opinion. Not sure the exact value of the LE to me...but a keeper if you already spent the cash.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

“What do you think about the Star Wars LE model??”

I think it's more of a "waste of money" than you think the pro is.

#4 5 years ago

Perhaps pressing the start button at some point would have been cool...

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I don't have an LE, but I have a Premium and I love this game man. It's addictive as hell and I find myself migrating to it all the time. Money well spent in my opinion. Not sure the exact value of the LE to me...but a keeper if you already spent the cash.

Makes me happy to read buddy, nice that you enjoy your pin. Its an awesome theme

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think it's more of a "waste of money" than you think the pro is.

All stern star wars models are waste of money if you ask me

Quoted from Billy16:

Perhaps pressing the start button at some point would have been cool...

I actually do press the button, at the end of the review, to check out the lovley soundtrack.

#7 5 years ago

What i think about Guardians og the galaxy

#8 5 years ago

Sorry you don't seem to be happy. You were whiny and I found it painful to listen to so I couldn't make it through the whole video, but your opinions are yours and you have every right to them. I personally love the game and theme. It is FUN to play. It is by far the best SW pinball machine and belongs in the top 25 to 30 games of all time, which it is at #25 currently. That said, it isn't sitting at #1 because it could have been even better and the LE probably wasn't a good value for the extra money. However, I'm very happy with my SW Premium. I'm just starting to play around more with moving the multiplier during the game.
I love that extra aspect to the game. To me, the game is a really fun combination of speed and strategy -- which are my favorite things in a game.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Sorry you don't seem to be happy.

Total tool.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Sorry you don't seem to be happy. You were whiny and I found it painful to listen to so I couldn't make it through the whole video, but your opinions are yours and you have every right to them. I personally love the game and theme. It is FUN to play. It is by far the best SW pinball machine and belongs in the top 25 to 30 games of all time, which it is at #25 currently. That said, it isn't sitting at #1 because it could have been even better and the LE probably wasn't a good value for the extra money. However, I'm very happy with my SW Premium. I'm just starting to play around more with moving the multiplier during the game.
I love that extra aspect to the game. To me, the game is a really fun combination of speed and strategy -- which are my favorite things in a game.

Whiny? Sorry buddy if the review was too painful too watch.
Probably? Well if you watched the whole video, you could have seen how much i got extra for the LE money
In Denmark, it costs 10500euro plus shipping for a SW LE, really waist of money, as i tell in the video, best value for money is the premium model. (If you wanna buy a SW that is)
Well im happy for you, that you enjoy your SW Prem my dust collector got shipped today, whitch means im also happy.

#11 5 years ago

Am not.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

More
Whiny? Sorry buddy if the review was too painful too watch.
Probably? Well if you watched the whole video, you could have seen how much i got extra for the LE money
In Denmark, it costs 10500euro plus shipping for a SW LE, really waist of money, as i tell in the video, best value for money is the premium model. (If you wanna buy a SW that is)
Well im happy for you, that you enjoy your SW Prem my dust collector got shipped today, whitch means im also happy.

I agree the SW Premium is the best value. I bought used instead of filling some distributors coffers and rewarding Stern for incomplete code at launch. Learned my lesson with a NIB ST which was a game I ended up hating despite being a Star Trek fan and it currently being rated #12. I just didn't have fun playing it. Sorry about my comment on your video; that was kind of rude.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

More
I agree the SW Premium is the best value. I bought used instead of filling some distributors coffers and rewarding Stern for incomplete code at launch. Learned my lesson with a NIB ST which was a game I ended up hating despite being a Star Trek fan and it currently being rated #12. I just didn't have fun playing it. Sorry about my comment on your video; that was kind of rude.

Thanks
We are all with different taste, im not a trekki, total star wars geek, but have played ST LE few times only, and would love to have one in my collection.
Stern makes a vault edition now, woukd have bought it, if it got updated a little.
Looking at dmd games and lcd games..... makes dmd games look so old and doll.

Especially after playing JJPs.
Link to review:

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

More
waist of money

I know English is not your first language and btw you speak very well.

Just wanted to point out waste (not waist).

I do agree with you about Woz and DI both are so well built they truly seem worth $9K for a toy.

I owned 10 Stern pins (including STLE and AcDc premium which are very well built) but Woz and DI are great.

Regarding Woz, you may not like the theme but I grew up with Woz ever since I was a kid maybe the first movie we get into as kids.

I like to point out regarding Wizard of Oz (take away the musical which the movie is a musical), but if you think of Wizard of Oz as an action adventure pin almost like Harry Potter it's really interesting and even George Lucas said he took a lot inspiration from Wizard of Oz.

If you haven't grown up (been a child) when you saw Wizard of Oz you might not appreciate how great of a movie it is and theme. It's like Heighway did a theme about motocross and in America that's like a 2% thing, like no one ever watches or talks about it or even is aware of it. It may be good in Eorope but in America it's nothing. Maybe that's the way Wizard of Oz is in the rest of the world but in USA (IMO) it's really super well loved.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/star-wars-wizard-oz-back-1977-people-couldnt-stop-comparing-two-145943811.html

When Roger Ebert first reviewed Star Wars in 1977, he included a reference to The Wizard Oz that might seem obvious now, but in 1977 he might have been the first critic to begin connecting the dots. “Star Wars is a fairy tale,” he wrote, “a fantasy, a legend, finding its roots in some of our most popular fictions. The golden robot, lion-faced space pilot, and insecure little computer on wheels must have been suggested by the Tin Man, the Cowardly Lion, and the Scarecrow in The Wizard of Oz.”

As for the thematic similarities between The Wizard of Oz and Star Wars, the list is substantial: Both are stories about a teenage dreamer raised on a farm by an aunt and uncle, who journeys to a strange land full of wondrous creatures and whose companions include a furry creature and a metal man — and who must use his or her inner resources to defeat a black-robed dictator, and so forth.

But when Star Wars — Episode IV: A New Hope was first released in 1977, there really hadn’t been another film like it. So when the actors were asked to describe the film in interviews, they found a comparison that might not occur to modern audiences: the 1939 musical fantasy The Wizard of Oz.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

...It's like Heighway did a theme about motocross and in America that's like a 2% thing, like no one ever watches or talks about it or even is aware of it. It may be good in Eorope but in America it's nothing.

Maybe up your way, but in Cali I think you'd have a hard time finding anyone who didn't know what motocross is. Been big here since the Swedes came over in '67 or '68...

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Maybe up your way, but in Cali I think you'd have a hard time finding anyone who didn't know what motocross is. Been big here since the Swedes came over in '67 or '68...

Ha ha. Noone here cares.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Ha ha. Noone here cares.

Hahahahahaaaa, somebody has been watching the video

Yes us in europe, we don’t really care about wrestling mustang nascar and so on. Dear Stern, maby thats a part of the poor sales

#19 5 years ago

Wrestling and NASCAR are maybe a thing in the South, but not among people who can afford new pinball machines. They gotta make the trailer payments.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Hahahahahaaaa, somebody has been watching the video
Yes us in europe, we don’t really care about wrestling mustang nascar and so on. Dear Stern, maby thats a part of the poor sales

I was just saying, Wizard of Oz at least for me, I grew up in the 70’s and saw Wiz on TV this before there were VHS or cable so you actually had to watch it when it was on tv and it was great 40 years ago and it’s great today I’ve probably watched it 20+ times. In fact it was just on TV the other day and my parents were watching it. It certainly is not popular in Europe we had 5 au Pair from Germany and none of them had seen it before.

Some people don’t like it because it’s a musical but the pinball machine is not a musical so look at the story as a fantasy something like LotR or Harry Potter.

As for motocross, I’m sure some people in the US watch it it may be a very regional thing, but it’s not popular to me in wiki it’s grouped in the bottom with other motor sport activities like monster truck, tractor pull and demolition derby.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Ha ha. Noone here cares.

Anaheim is the only venue that hosts two Supercross races each year, and sells both out. Someone in Orange County and LA likes motocross. All the great So Cal tracks (with the possible exception of Gorman and Glen Helen) are gone now. Two were world-class, Saddleback and Carlsbad. Motocross has always mattered in California since it became popular in the late 60's.

#22 5 years ago

Exactly. Almost all the tracks are gone now. SoCal has a huge population, so of course there will be a handful of fans. But those fans can barely afford to buy motocross tickets, let alone a motocross pinball machine.

#23 5 years ago

Love my Star Wars LE and I just wanted to say this.

It's important to remember licensed assets when reviewing and valuing a game. Stern likely spent a ton on licensing compared to other pins. Not only did Stern get the rights to use video assets across all 3 original films they also got the rights to use the actors audio from all 3 films. That's huge when it comes to creating an immersive pinball world based on a license theme. Then on top of that Stern licensed multiple music tracks from the trilogy, again that's a big deal when it comes to doing a pin based on a licensed theme.

Very few pins have the level of licensed assets that Star Wars contains. I would gladly take a feature or two less in a licensed theme game in order to properly have all licensed assets. Thankfully Star Wars premium and LE are still fairly loaded games. I was surprised just how much is in the game and how well the toys are put together once I got an LE in my home.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.95
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-pinball-review-retrocengo-video-link and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.