(Topic ID: 198489)

Star Wars LE is NOT likely my last new Stern Machine

By twenty84

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Before you get too crazy about the title, let me explain. I have now bought 5 NIB machines, ST prem, GoT LE, RZ, Hobbit, and SW LE. Before that I have owned some nice used machines – WoZ RR, CV, LOTR, Tron pro, IM, AFM, MMR LE, BM66, Kiss prem, ACDC prem, and MB.
I found all of these machines to be high quality, fun, and easy to sell when I grew tired of them. I also liked the fact that they powered up and were ready to play within 5 seconds of turning on the power, except RZ which arrived with a short in the wiring.
Now to the new machines I sold: I sold RZ at a loss because it wasn’t for me. Sold LOTR because it wasn’t for me, traded CV for Woz. Have grown tired of MMR and Hobbit and will likely sell them soon. But frankly I enjoy buying games more than selling.
So, my SWLE arrives for $8,495 including shipping. I almost cancelled because the negativity on pinside but loved the theme, love Steve Ritchie’s games, and I played a friend’s pro and had to have it. The side art is great in my opinion, and I left the stock back glass art since I think it fits the theme perfectly. I actually like the game play. The hyperspace loop is cool and the shots are challenging, the death star shot required some minor adjustment to the fork make it work 100%. I added a shaker motor which cost $100 and took 5 minutes to install. I read the description when I ordered so I knew I would have to add this myself if I wanted it. I love the callouts and music which is from my favorite trilogy of all time. I like that Stern is cranking these out and we have another a great game with an awesome theme and gameplay. I’ll thank myself for that because I keep buying their games! I will keep buying them and also will buy remakes, JJP, or some classics. I just don't see $8495 as a bargain but I love pinball and am blessed that I can afford it.
I’m already on the list for GotG LE, probably buy some more JJP games, and whatever else I can clear out space for.

I love my LE as well. But...you know...that's just because we own it and have to justify the expenditure. Not because it's a great game.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL - I still don't recommend that. Wait. Play first. Make sure there aren't QC issues. Make sure code is at a level you're happy with.

I think he was kidding. I HOPE he was kidding.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 21.50
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-is-not-likely-my-last-new-stern-machine?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.