IMG_0129 (resized).JPG
WTF_DUDE (resized).png
82-2 (resized).jpg
MMMMK (resized).jpg
Amen (resized).jpg
IMG_0403 (resized).JPG
matthew mcconaughey car advert (resized).jpg
31poW1lKtjL (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 6 years ago

It's pretty funny that so many of you are accusing stern of trying to make the most profit they can. That is exactly what every company large or small is trying to do. Especially companies that have outside backers. I think the OP said it very well and represented what a lot of people feel. But there are a lot of others that just seem to be whining because games cost more then they want to pay now and they still want NIB pins so they are pissed.

It's real simple, stop buying them and things will change. This literally happens on every new game stern releases. There's a huge uproar and no one is ever buying another one until things change. 5 months later the next license that someone has to have is released with a $200 or more price increase and the same people buy the game and then whine and say never again. Fast forward 5 months and history keeps repeating itself. I think some of you need help with your OCD NIB pin buying habits. They do not seem to be bringing you the happiness that you seek.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

EXACTLY!!!!!
This is the only weapon in ours, the buyers, arsenal!

Quoted from NPO:

They sure are - to that cash register going "CHA CHING!" until people stop buying.

Not going to happen. At least half the pinball people I know have already moved on and are excited for the GOTG release. Pinball people have very short memories and just can't seem to help themselves. It will have more toys as Borg games always do and be the same price as SW. People will justify it as its a cool theme with good art and toys unlike what they thought SW was. There will be 400 LE's and people will be fighting to get one.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

All LE's should be limited to no more than 500, and actually include something that differentiates it from the Premium model....i.e Star Trek LE....then most people would stop bitching (we'll maybe not).....I'll NEVER purchase a NIB game from Stern....I've limited my new games to CGC and JJP...a year from now I'll bet u can buy a used SW LE, HUO for close to $7K....look at the GB LE market....fun game, actually full of toys, and other cool features...now the market is low to mid 7's for an LE....

You just listed things that you think an LE should be required to have and yet you bought either LE's or premiums of sterns last 2 releases? Why did you buy them if you are so pissed at stern? Your logic for pricing on the secondary market is also very off. JJP games have lost more value in most cases than stern games. A year from now you will be able to buy a DILE for $7500 and Hobbits for $5500 HUO.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Here is what u don't understand....First I didn't buy new Stern games, and second I don't really care about the money. If your in this hobby for the $ than u best find something else to do. I don't mind forking out the money for an LE if I ACTUALLY get something for it. Buying most NIB pinball games is like buying a car. You'll probably take a 10% hit after u open the box. There are exceptions, but not many (TRON LE, ACDC LE, etc). Your living on Mars if you think u can purchase a NIB DI LE for $7500 delivered....

Learn to read dude. DILE's are going to be plentiful and will take a 1K hit on the HUO market. My post said nothing about NIB DILE's Your post was literally about sterns losing value. So what in the world are you trying to say?

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Op- I mean this in a nice way but you could have done better on NIB pricing than $8500 GB and $8700 SW. You only had GB for sale for 7 days at $400 less than what others bought it for. Give it time. GB will sell. That is pretty damn good if you can get that much back after playing it a year. IMHO. Not sure if starting a post "no more NIB for you" will help your sale either.
So I heard Stern had the best sales over the last few months ever. Or in the modern era at least. Folks may not be happy paying more for less and may or may not be pulling back on PS, but apparently other folks are ok with it. I am not even sure Pinsiders even bought a major share of SWLE's? Only 134 owners so far on PS and that includes Premiums. I know not everyone puts their collections on PS and Distros still have some to sell, but as far as I know all 800 are out the door of Stern. I know some will think this means vendors are sitting on hundreds and hundreds of them but that is just not true. Anyone heard how many are left from the remaining vendors? My guy is sold out.
Anyway my point is Stern must have new buyers for these games that are not Pinsiders or not the same Pinsiders who won't buy the next NIB due to CQ, Code or BOM or make posts about it at least.

There are still some SWLE's available. They seem to be slowly drying up though. I've actually heard the exact opposite on sterns year. BM66 is not selling any premiums, KISS is not selling, GB is still selling but has dramatically slowed down, AS pro sold pretty well but not great and there are still LE's available, SW sold decent but not as well as expected for the huge license and just like all of the games previously listed premiums are not selling well at all. Maybe they were counting the ACDC distributor sales into that as I'm sure it is going to do very well. But otherwise, their new releases are struggling horribly. Add in QC issues and things do not look bright at all. Then you factor in that CGC pretty much gave them the middle finger and have taken 1500-2500 sales away from them, JJP is doing well with DI now that it's shipping, and Spooky to a much smaller extent just took up 250 or so more sales from stern with TNA. Maybe they sold a ton of ACDC's and that is why they are claiming that. Should be a huge red flag to them that a game from 5 years ago does better then their new releases though if that is in fact the case.

JJP is ramping up to do at least one title per year now. CGC has been a huge success and will be releasing their next remake very soon and has the potential to make 3500 or so games per year without ramping up or adding another line. Each Spooky release is getting larger. All of these things added in with cutting in features result in less sales. Prices are going way up to cover the drop in sales and the cost of sterns QC problems. If stern could make a good profit and still sell LE's for $5500 they would do just that and kill the competition. Everyone thinks price increases are because of greed and them screwing you. It's not, it's because they have a dwindling bottom line due to a larger building, QC issues, and lower sales.

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Rephrased
"Hey we screwed up....so what do we do.. Let's increase our prices" = Screwing your customer. Poor management decisions should not be passed down to the customer (happens all the time) It's not the customer's fault if a company decides to cut costs and corners and then get's bit in the ass.
Also how do you know that all these title are dong poorly? You work for Stern? Just asking.

Not exactly how it works. They are dealing with numerous suppliers of parts and just like at every manufacturing factory there will be bad batches of parts, unforeseen issues, recalls, delays, etc. When these things happen that cost the company money they can't just continue to eat it. You can blame them all you want but the same thing happens with every type of manufactured product. It's also not just stern. People seem to have quickly forgotten a $6500 WOZ. JJP had part issues, cabinet supply issues, board issues, etc and it turned out that they had to increase the price 30% to make money on it. Do you really expect them to just eat all of that and bankrupt the company?

All I know what I've been told from a couple of different distros. Maybe some are doing better then others and maybe in other areas certain games are selling better. I still think AS is sterns best game since Metallica and am shocked it has not taken off and done better.

Quoted from Hazoff:

Yep, would like to know how anyone has gotten their hands on Sterns financial statements?

No one said anything about financial statements. It's basic business. If stern can make a good profit at a lower price and slowly price out their competition they certainly would. Price increases have been continuous since the move to the new building. Price increases happen almost solely due to a decrease in the bottom line.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Theme. Aerosmith just doesn't inspire the "fuck yeah, COOOL!!!" passion. That Met & ACDC do. And on top of that, it's not as good of a game as Met. I think it got a lot of credit for not being a total bungle like the last few games - it's competent...but it's still extremely uninspired and generic. Somehow it lacks personality and certain spark, even tho it has a great art package and cool main toy.
One of the local barcades just swapped it out for something else already. Even being their only Color LCD game - no one was playing it. That's a testament to the "turn off factor" of the theme.

Maybe I'm just the only one that likes it that much then. I think it's great though. Not a theme I love but great art, good toys, solid code, fun as heck for me.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

" Spooky to a much smaller extent just took up 250 or so more sales from stern with TNA."
Man, I hope not. I have blocked everyone associated with Spooky Pinball. It seems they can't finish a thought without the "F" word being in it. Excessive profanity is a big turn off to me - especially in business. I asked them to please tone down the profanity as I wanted my kids to be involved on pinside and I think it was Brian told me to F-off as a response. They can keep their machines.

Strange, I have never seen anything like that from KT or Charlie who are Spooky. Never had a bad response online, at shows, by email, or on the phone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-is-likely-my-last-new-stern-machine?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.