IMG_0129 (resized).JPG
WTF_DUDE (resized).png
82-2 (resized).jpg
MMMMK (resized).jpg
Amen (resized).jpg
IMG_0403 (resized).JPG
matthew mcconaughey car advert (resized).jpg
31poW1lKtjL (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 6 years ago

I've said it once I'll say it again. Stern pretty much should have included this with every new SW purchase. Tie Fighter toy on Pro for $8500 CAD is a f*in joke.

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Here is the problem, and I'll admit it. If Stern does a TRON VE, or a good GotG I will likely get a NIB.
Sorry in advance.
The issue is that enough other pinsiders will do the same. Are we really calling for a NIB Stern boycott?

If they get their shit together and don't price the thing sky high, is full featured, as great code I'd do like I have been doing, buy the game 10 months after production starts. I don't want Stern to fail....I've only owned Sterns for the past 5 years or so. But I won't blindly give them money....they'll have to earn it.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

I have a question for you all: do you think that Stern will ultimately make more money by continuing down this route (lower quality, stripped features, higher prices) or make less as they end up pissing off a large part of their customer base? (Serious question)

The proof is in the pudding. Usually at least one of my collector friends gets the new game. This time around no one did and I even talked to some operators in my neck of the woods and no one got SW. Even the biggest pinball joint in the city didn't buy one because they are still pissed at Stern for all the problems they got on GB and a few other games they bought at premium prices. Unless someone knows of one in Ottawa, Canada's Nation Capital contains NO STAR WARS on route or in house that I know of. In the last 7 years that as never happened.

The Ottawa pinball show was held on the first weekend of September. The game (only one on frre play) sometimes didn't even have a line up (Saturday afternoon) and I could play a few games straight. It was on sale for like $8300 LOL and every one of the collectors I talked to weren't that impressed.

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Tron copped heaps of shit when it first came out. Comments like "where is the rest of it". We used to site 50 or more machines from a few operators. I remember when AFM came out the operators were saying "I am not sure this game will be any good. There is nothing on it and it is only about Green Martians." We had TAF, MM, AFM and MB all in a row. TAF would net as much as the rest put together consistently and it was much older than the rest. Times change and people have short memories.

I think this time is warranted. What do you have on the PRO. A wiggling Tie Fighter and a snow globe ornament and a LCD panel that is only really used for information 80% of the time. While I agree that initial reactions of a new Stern games encounter a lot of criticism, Star Wars beats all of the other releases by a mile. GOT pro comes in close second with the GOT pro with no throne. I own TF LE and I still think it looks packed compared to star wars (megatron mech, optimus mech with lift ramp, bumble bee captive ball, mini playfield (not on PRO)).

Star wars reminds me a bit of Star Trek but you have the big ship as the main toy, but at least it's well integrated with the magnet under it and you have the warp ramp.

I could go on. SW just feels meh...

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

What did you have on an AFM? A wiggling spaceship and four wiggling martians. You don't hear anybody bitching about that.

True. I can't argue that. But for some reason it's doesn't feel sparse like SW. The bank drops, you have a VUK to the left ramp the double sided scoop on the right. SW just puts me off in so many ways...including the fact you can't see the damn pop behind the screen.

I really wanted to like it a played a bunch at the show but I just can't get over the flaws (or what I deem to be flaws).

Oh and at least there where 4 wiggling martians on AFM

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Everyone thinks price increases are because of greed and them screwing you. It's not, it's because they have a dwindling bottom line due to a larger building, QC issues, and lower sales.

Rephrased
"Hey we screwed up....so what do we do.. Let's increase our prices" = Screwing your customer. Poor management decisions should not be passed down to the customer (happens all the time) It's not the customer's fault if a company decides to cut costs and corners and then get's bit in the ass.

Also how do you know that all these title are dong poorly? You work for Stern? Just asking.

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why do people keep saying magnets were cut from Star Wars? I think this is just something people WISH the game had...but if they were never planned in the first place, then they were never cut. Technically it does have magnets - that's what whooshes the ball around the hyper loop thingie.

Check the first playfield

82-2 (resized).jpg82-2 (resized).jpg

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Oh...well...then he just has bad taste.

You know what they say "teachers are always right" but in this case "boob's got a teacher's pet" named sw. Lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-is-likely-my-last-new-stern-machine?tu=flashinstinct and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.