(Topic ID: 158947)

Star Wars LE ... How many should they make?

By Beez

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dmbjunky
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1e8e96932207f11b630d05344990ec77_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pmWolf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Ok, but this goes back to my original title thought. If people would pay $10k for a Star Wars pin, just based on theme and nothing else - why do the two existing original trilogy pins sell for $2k-ish? You'd thing SW fans who aren't pin savvy would want those no matter what. I don't see people biting instantly on this one like Met and GB.

Hmmm...hard to say.

I think the Data East Star Wars is probably one of the "strongest" DE's in terms of price. What DE's are valued higher? Guns and Roses? So, in my opinion, the theme really does help increase value in this case.

Sega Star Wars: Man, Sega's don't get any love. Again, there's not really a Sega out there that is stupidly valuable (well, unless it is very low production...). Also...the Sega Star Wars wasn't really all that great.

Star Wars Phantom Menace: Alright! Now we get to a Williams game, and the value is pretty low compared to other Williams games, and softer than the other Pin2k game (RFM).

They did make a metric crap-ton of the machine, and the game is saddled with the Phantom Menace license (Jar Jar? Yipppeeee!!! That is so wizard!!)

I think with Stern's track record and historical value of their recent pins, it isn't a stretch to think that the theme could possibly bump values up.

Of course, I cannot predict the future...so all of this is just pure theory.

Pete

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pmWolf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-how-many-should-they-make?tu=pmWolf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.