(Topic ID: 158947)

Star Wars LE ... How many should they make?

By Beez

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dmbjunky
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1e8e96932207f11b630d05344990ec77_(resized).jpg

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 3 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

When I signed up, I owned 3 machines, of which 2 were Star Trek machines.

Quoted from TheLaw:

And this is your case for being "The biggest SW fan on Pinside?"

He buried the lead, his third game was a Star Gazer.

#102 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

And this is your case for being "The biggest SW fan on Pinside?"

My case is:
    Seeing all 7 in the theaters at least a dozen times each (I was too young for original in theater, dozen applies to special editions).
    When I was in Disneyland last year, I went on Star Tours two hours straight first thing in the morning for 3 days in a row.
    I bought 27 tickets for the opening of Force Awakens. First Saturday night, had a whole row at the theater.
    I was completely useless at my business the day the movie came out.
    And I had a tear in both eyes when Han died.

Need I go on and keep embarrassing myself?

#103 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

He buried the lead, his third game was a Star Gazer.

LOL

Transformers LE was the 3rd.

As a kid of the 80's, it was Star Wars first, Transformers second, He-Man third, GI Joe fourth.

#104 3 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

My case is:
    Seeing all 7 in the theaters at least a dozen times each (I was too young for original in theater, dozen applies to special editions).
    When I was in Disneyland last year, I went on Star Tours two hours straight first thing in the morning for 3 days in a row.
    I bought 27 tickets for the opening of Force Awakens. First Saturday night, had a whole row at the theater.
    I was completely useless at my business the day the movie came out.
    Need I go on and keep embarrassing myself?

Not bad not bad....but how much have you hated your parents for not taking you to see original in the theatre when you were 1? That serves as the tie breaker for the crown!

#105 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Not bad not bad....but how much have you hated your parents for not taking you to see original in the theatre when you were 1? That serves as the tie breaker for the crown!

My dad swears he brought me to see Return of the Jedi in 1983.

I vividly remember, when the first home rental place opened up, every weekend, all I wanted to rent was Star Wars. My parents got so sick of it, that in 1984, they gave me Star Wars on VHS for a Christmas present. It was wrapped and sitting on the mantle above the fireplace. Even though I don't own a VHS player, I still have the Star Wars VHS tape till this day. The colors on it are just downright awful, because of how many times I watched it. Every time I do a clean out of my house, I can't bring myself to throw it out.

#106 3 years ago

why did you have to rent it. I remember when the Movie channel first aired. They played SW almost daily. So much that you almost got sick of it. I remember SW and Heavy metal were on at least once if not twice a day every day.

#107 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

If that's true, why is it that the 3 existing SW games aren't in high demand? Sure, pin-peeps know they're not great games...but if we're talking "theme alone" ...they should be selling for tons, right?

Lets face it, For how bad they suck. They are selling for tons.

#108 3 years ago

All this talk of the previous star wars games not holding their value and being unpopular....
    Star Wars DE has been our TOP seller over the past year. I bet we've sold 12 or more in the last 12 months and probably 6 or 7 Star Wars trilogy's. Only 2 EP1.
    ngoett can shop that game out while sleeping - he gets stuck with them.
    Our customers buy on title alone as it's retail. Star Wars will be HUGE for Stern.

#109 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Vader's death scene is still better than anything in Awakens.

Wait...Vader DIES??? Dude, where's the spoiler alert???

#111 3 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I vividly remember, when the first home rental place opened up, every weekend, all I wanted to rent was Star Wars. My parents got so sick of it, that in 1984, they gave me Star Wars on VHS for a Christmas present. It was wrapped and sitting on the mantle above the fireplace. Even though I don't own a VHS player, I still have the Star Wars VHS tape till this day. The colors on it are just downright awful, because of how many times I watched it. Every time I do a clean out of my house, I can't bring myself to throw it out.

Never throw that out, its irreplaceable!

#112 3 years ago

Star Wars LE will be gone in sixty seconds.

You know it to be true.

My opinion is that LE Preorders should be locked in and paid in full at the very begining. No going back.

That would stop that LE mania and slow people down. So many people jumped in......have concerns, start threads, are worried. This is contegious.

Let the pinball cies chase us for our money, not the other way around. That would force them to have better presentations and have more solid codes from the very begining.

Too many people jumped in only because they know they can back out with no penalty anytime they want. I stand by my word and don't believe in that BS.

Too many people into LE should not be there and are blocking others.

#113 3 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Now Disney has gone overly politically correct and made the main heroes of the newest film a girl (ala Hunger Games) and a minority character.

Listen.. as a black man, from the waist down, I am offended by this statement.

#114 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Says who? He does voiceover for a living...and even takes small roles in movies like Kingsman. He's a working actor, he's not unobtanium.

This was a joke: Hamill does great voice work, but has no dialogue at all in the Force Awakens.

#115 3 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Yeah, don't throw it out. It's one of the few copies left that Lucas didn't hack apart with re-edits and added footage.

#116 3 years ago
    Quoted from nate1981s:

Disney ignores their target audience (white males). Also lets ignore the fact that natural human tendency is to prefer what we most resemble.

1. Disney ignores no audience, it targets with surgical precision;
    2. Disney's typical target audience is children, particularly aspiring princesses;
    3. Natural human tendency- yours and mine-is to over generalize. The beauty of the human condition is how many weird, wonderful preferences people exhibit. If you prefer a whiny male Caucasian lead because of a closer resemblance, fine. I'd rather watch a strong female lead. Just like I'd rather watch women's Olympic beach volleyball than an NBA game.

Don't like the direction of the franchise? Vote with your dollars.

#117 3 years ago

We have to agree that Star Wars was always targetting kids but in the old ones parents had meat which make it enjoyable. Science fiction rising, top of the industry effects from industrial light and magic, skywalkers sounds. Great times. Industrial ligh and magic even did the special effect for Blockbusters movies like Terminator 2. Which was cutting edge technologie.

These days Star wars is still targetting kids but the scifi being original factor is long gone. Special effects are the same....great in every other movies. So the Franchise is not as relevant as it used to be. I enjoyed watching the force Awakens with my son when it came out......but that was the flavor of the month.

The next movie is about a 13 year old girl who is rebelling. I like the Death Star Under construction and the AT-AT attacking in the trailer but that's it. Another flavor of the month to come.

And that's coming from and old time DARTH Chris hardcore fan.

#118 3 years ago

premium should be light and dark side

LE should be millennium falcon

#119 3 years ago

2 LE's : Dark Side and Light Side

Premium : Old School

Pro : both light and dark, 1 on each side like Transformers Pro or X-men Pro

and i'm biased because I want a premium and I want an old school package for all the LE toys but not the price lol

#120 3 years ago
    Quoted from nate1981s:

Disney ignores their target audience (white males).

lol....how incredibly naïve of you...

Disney knows EXACTLY who their audience is.... (multiple audiences, btw)... and targets them like nobody's business!

#121 3 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

After the first of 12 showings that I watched, all I could think about was how great both were. IMO, Rey will go down as one of the best characters in this franchise. I don't think Finn is a top character, but overall, he was a great character.
    The order I like:
    1 - Star Wars
    2 - Empire
    3 - Jedi and Awakens (tie)
    4 - Sith
    5 - Clones
    6 - Menace

As a long time SW fan, I didn't really care for the Force Awakens and all. I actually agree with your list, the only difference I have is that I put Force Awakens right above Menace. I'm actually looking forward more to Rouge one than episode 8. Also, I would much rather Stern release a SW pin that follows the original trilogy. I realize that that had been done, but not done very well at all. This would give the time for the last two movies to come out before the pin is released.

#122 3 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

lol....how incredibly naïve of you...
    Disney knows EXACTLY who their audience is.... (multiple audiences, btw)... and targets them like nobody's business!

I'd extend the description of targeting to carpet bombing with 2 Marvel movies in May. They have all been good, but I'm feeling like its too much. I hope they don't do this with Star Wars. A "main" movie every 2 years and a backstory movie in between feels like a good pace.

#123 3 years ago

Marvel (i.e. Disney) doesn't own the movie rights to x-men, Fox does. If they did I'm sure they would space it out so they weren't competing with themselves. I agree that it feels like too much at once.

#124 3 years ago
    Quoted from SmellTheGlove:

Marvel (i.e. Disney) doesn't own the movie rights to x-men, Fox does. If they did I'm sure they would space it out so they weren't competing with themselves. I agree that it feels like too much at once.

Didn't realize that. Makes sense, I wondered what they hell they could've been thinking!

#125 3 years ago

There are 10x as many collectors fans of SW vs say Transformers or Ghostbusters. They could do 5x times as many SW LE vs GB LE and still not have enough to meet demand. So they will still be LE even if they triple production of them.

Also, SW license fees are the highest of any franchise... Hasbro paid 25% royalty fees on the action figures on Episode 1 crap.

So expect SW pins to cost 10% more than any other sterns.

#126 3 years ago

In my opinion i think this theme "Star Wars" with the help of current technology and great pin designers at Stern has potential be a fantastic pin!

5 months later
    #127 3 years ago

When is it Star Wars supposed to be released?

#128 3 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

When is it Star Wars supposed to be released?

it's all speculation.

#129 3 years ago

But if you were shocked at the pricing for BM66, wait until Stern announces the new SWSLE.

#130 3 years ago

I'm sure...hopefully Star Wars doesn't have ghosting inserts like Metallica and Ghostbusters

2 weeks later
    #132 3 years ago

That would be awesome. Wish or fact...?

#133 3 years ago

None , they should just make one version of the game .

#134 3 years ago

100 SLE
    800 LE
    2 premium models
    Pro

1 week later
    #135 3 years ago

i don't care about LE, i'm just a player, so it would be the best game, Pro or Premium.

3 weeks later
    #136 3 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

But if you were shocked at the pricing for BM66, wait until Stern announces the new SWSLE.

Agreed .... this will truly be out of this world.

#137 3 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Depends, if its based on the original trilogy yes, the new movies, dont think so - can you imagine if ghostbusters was was based on the new movie? The demand would be way lower.

#138 3 years ago
    Quoted from libtech:

can you imagine if ghostbusters was was based on the new movie?

Even though I'm not a fan of the new movie, I want Zombie Yeti to do art for a retheme of Ghostbusters into GB16. That would be hilariously bad and reminiscent of B/W 90s dud themes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 289.00
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 8,999.00
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 18.95
    $ 49.00
    $ 159.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 234.99
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 149.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 65.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    Arcade Upkeep
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 119.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 12.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 57.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    € 4.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Multigame
    There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside