Dear Lloyd

Our resident pinball guru Lloyd Olsen answers Pinside readers questions!

Edit this
Star Wars is a Battle

Letter received on Sunday November 30th 2014.

Sunday November 30th 2014

hi just joined club ..... got a star wars pinball had it a few years now..... had the odd none working bit but thought i would give it a big once over.... got a man in that does pinball.... he did a lot of litttle repais ie score display not working various bulbs etc did a repair on the power suply apparently giving out 3 amps not 4 ????...generally a good going over......... he left and i played it everything fine for 10 miins then i got the 3 ball up after shooting death star and 2 of them got jammed under r2d2... so i released them but now the 4 red bumpers dont work and the death star doesnt open..... hes been back done a load of othe repairs to small bits but the coils keep locking on ????? hes taken the main board away to replace a chip that had blown but he suggests theres an uderlying problem as to why these coils keep locking on ....also i think it was f2 fuse i couldnt get a 4 amp slo blo so used a 3.5 which was ok but that blew later then got a 4 amp but a soon as i switched on a transitor blew... HELP PLEASE ,,,regards

Dear Regards

Your game needs to be gone over by a person who can take it to his shop and spend some time on it.

I have no idea of the skill level of your current tech, is it possible he has caused more harm then good ?

There could be multiple issues, and unless you narrow them down you'll keep chasing them back and forth until you go nuts.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

LTG : )

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-is-a-battle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.