IMG_3458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3454 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3430 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3428 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3427 (resized).jpeg
Home Editions (resized).jpg
IMG_0614 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 4 years ago

Msrp is $3499 iirc, street price is $3999 and I just saw a fb add for $37xx for one new in Cali.

I haven’t played it yet, hoping stern brings one to CES so I can try. They did that with Spider-Man home.

I do agree the sweet spot is 2999, but stern must of done some research to charge what they do :/ I’d love to pickup a home version of any of them if the price was right. Leave it in my kids bedroom :-p

4 months later
#33 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

If I can get one for $2999 I would be all over that. One thing that I really liked when I played it was the drops in front of ramp entrance-so much fun!

I’ve seen 2 or so used pros for for $3k now. Seems like the time to buy if people are interested!

1 month later
#39 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I’m going to buy one of these I found locally for $2800. For those that own this, has anyone looked into putting a larger screen on it? Is it just an hdmi outlet? A bigger monitor could be bought for under $100 easy.

If it is the same as spike, it’s like a laptop monitor, so it ya multiple wires. That is a great price for the game!!!!

Take pics so we have them and if you can do a dd copy of the ss card

1 week later
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Ok. Got it home. When it’s playing it’s really fun. Like a well designed 80s or 90s dmd game. Very fun. It has two problems. Ball lock optos in the middle of the field don’t work. That’s a killer. Game is unplayable as there’s no kicker for the ball search to make it release. Bummer.
Also, the cheap plastic shooter housing is broken off the playfield. I’m going to try some JB weld and see if I can get that back up.
Stern support is seemingly unresponsive due to covid. I find that to be a little disingenuous as they are shipping plenty of games...

Usually you go through a distributor for support but I have contacted stern directly and within 1-2 business days had a response. If you contacted them yesterday/Friday. You should get something monday/Tuesday

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Right now, they've just had an outgoing message indicating they can't do support during the covid stuff.

Umm weird. I’ve been dealing with them on my route games without issue...

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

You can add a 2nd speaker, but mounting it is trickier than wiring it up. You'll need to get one of the Spike speaker plated and drill a couple holes. I installed a set of 4" Kenwoods, a Pinnovator subwoofer out, Polk powered sub, Pin Stadiums, speaker light kit, lighted flipper buttons, white t-molding and a Premium translite. Also, there's a setting in the menu for the speakers.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s awesome! Man the used market for under $3k is gonna be hot on that game

4 months later
#83 3 years ago

4500 and ships in a month, I bet they announce it soon

6D480CF0-A2C0-4345-A09A-6F7F4345A731 (resized).png6D480CF0-A2C0-4345-A09A-6F7F4345A731 (resized).png
#85 3 years ago

The comic art is so amazing.

I honestly don’t get why they aren’t doing home versions of tmnt and Avengers

1 month later
#93 3 years ago

Did you see the video? Playfield looks like mdf

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

All Home Edition pins (SpiderMan Consumer, Supreme nonsense, SW Home, SW Home Comic) all have had the MDF style playfields. Not breaking news.
Edit - Also has a particle board, Ikea-style cabinet. If you look at pics of any of these games, you'll see what seems to be Cam-lock hardware on each side of the legs (Yellow in the pic below. Two next to each leg on the front panel, three on the sides) and what clearly is particle board exposed edges on the sides (red in the pic) because the decal won't adhere properly to that surface, so the decal is cut back and the particle board is painted black. Let's not pretend Stern is just making a slightly de-featured game for $1300 less than a Pro. You're taking massive build quality hits too.
[quoted image]

I wasn’t aware of a different material for the home version (s)

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

No. There's no code for one.

Hmm, I suppose you could connect a relay to a specific switch on the pf?

1 week later
#106 3 years ago

Hmmm I’d make sure the opto is aligned with the hole. Is it just one opto shooting up the switch slot hole?

#110 3 years ago

you'd be surprised how much saw dust and dust is in the game after its boxed up. I would suggesting qtip and alcohol to clean both transmit and receive for the opto's. ALso in test can you use your finger to trigger them?

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Weird that they changed it. I figure optos are more expensive than micros. Last thing I'd check is continuity on those daisy chains. If one is broken, that could be your issue.

This is what I was going to say, looks like ball lock 1 is daised off lock 2. I would “resolder” all pads, and double check the “double” wire pads are all solid.

If you have a digital multimeter you could continuity test between them.

Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Have tested with both ball and finger, and ball lock 2 recognizes but not ball lock 1. Did try 91% to clean but no improvement. Flying blind as its my first pin, but i checked active switches in diagnostics and ball lock 1 does show active. Tried looking online and not seeing anything regarding clearing switches

Are you saying if you have no balls in locks, you turn the game on, turn on diagnostics, that ball 1 lock shows active? Like it is being tripped without a ball? Or when you use a finger it works.

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Theres the switch test, then the active switch test, when i run the active switch test the ball 1 lock come up along with things like the flippers and trough. If i do a regular switch test, i can only activate ball lock 2, 1 is unresponsive. At some point i knew id have to do electrical work, just eith a nib hoping it wasnt the day i opened it up.

Im really hoping stern gets back to me and its this, crossing my fingers.
And thanks to everyone responding, so appreciate all the guidance!!

Interesting. If you make sure the under pf optos are shining through the pf, and you take off the top side then hold it straight above the hole, does it not test in active? I’m wondering if it is either not aligned or if it is just a bad solder or opto causing it to be “on” all the time

#123 3 years ago

Is it a difference spike board? Otherwise I’d think I remember someone modding it into the game?

3 months later
#173 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Afaik they do. I wonder if your sling rubber is too tight and you’re getting machine gunning? I never noticed it on mine

pretty sure the slings are on the same and the pop bumpers are.

2 months later
#186 2 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

There is a real lack of spare parts for this title.
I have been waiting over 2 months for a playfield optic switch from Stern warranty.
Be informed before you buy.

It isn't affecting just this title though, even "coin op" games are having part issues. The only benefit is other parts places stock the usual parts. But yeah, I agree, since this title has harder to find parts....be warned before you buy.

If these are the black thin/small boards. I would think someone could have some parts spun up or rebuild them if they were electronically inclined. It is a simple optical circuit but it looks like they've used extremely cheap components/pcb's.

1 week later
#190 2 years ago

Yeah, beer seal I recently got from PBL but would get some single side sticky stuff from home store and cut to fit, it actually sticks on the lockdown bar, then helps a super small amount with noise but mostly liquid snd stuff falling into the game under the lockdown bar.

Coil stops as well can be bought at PBL and are replaced with a screw driver. Nice to have on hand, and if you’ve put a few games on, pick up some spare balls to swap in as well, the stock balls may rust and pit soon

2 weeks later
#198 2 years ago

I wonder how different the screen is from a Pro model? Would be a nice upgrade to go to a huge screen.

#200 2 years ago
Quoted from dpapclare:

Anyone know where I can get one of these? Just had one break on the one at the youth center I work at and need to find a replacement. Not sure if it's the same as the regular stern spike 2 Flippers or not.
[quoted image]

I forgot what a spike 2 flipper assembly looks like but this is what Marco says rebuilds the home pin.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/SFLKIT

Also Marco has the game listed! https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/GX3258

2 months later
#208 2 years ago
Quoted from TAVsPlace:

I have not tried that, I was thinking of just adding a second speaker to it. Curious if anyone has tried this as well.

Yes, it is possible

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-home-edition-fan-club/page/2#post-5730589

2 weeks later
#222 2 years ago

Anyone figure out a shake motor yet?

1 week later
#228 2 years ago

Either the game has code for shaker, or you could use some led/coil/etc to initiate the shake.

#231 2 years ago

I thought someone tied the shaker to a shot or something to set off a shaker...but I'd need to dig.

#235 2 years ago

with an arduino you could take multiple inputs, and do as above/relay/mosfet and drive the shaker when XZY were hit/lit

1 week later
#239 2 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Looking forward to joining the club. Have been impatiently waiting for the pin to ship after ordering it from a distributor on September 15 and sending a reminder in October. Seems an awful long time to wait, but at this point, that's what I'm doing. Thanks to Danger and others who have posted videos, which got me interested.

Did you get the comic book one?

#242 2 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Originally I did not order the comic version. Then when I checked with the distributor for a status update after five weeks of waiting I got this message: "Apparently our warehouse in Chicago messed up and the star wars the pin we have in stock are the comic versions." So I said yes to the comic version and was told by the distributor that they would get to work on shipping, but that was back in mid-October, and still no shipping. I'm just as happy with the comic version.

It looks so good! Hope it ships soon, specially if it was in stock. The wait is eh e worst :-p

10 months later
#297 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Does anyone know if there is also a Spider-man Home Edition Club? Just acquired that game along with my SW and JP Home Editions, but I'm not finding one for the home Spidey.

Hmm don’t think a club thread…I remember posting pics of it from ces but that was maybe a rumor/home thread. I’ll check. Unless you want to start the club thread?

#299 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Thanks. I will start one if there isn't one already.

Not a real club thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pin-spiderman

2 months later
#316 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Same code since launch, and extremely unlikely to be updated unless they add insider support which is just as unlikely.

Just seen toy mounts, looks like anything that can screw onto a post can be added to it

unlikey but man that would be cool to see the home team on them......

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-home-edition-fan-club?tu=northvibe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.