IMG_3458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3454 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3430 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3428 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3427 (resized).jpeg
Home Editions (resized).jpg
IMG_0614 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigguybbr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#270 1 year ago
Quoted from Aquadude777:

You can add a 2nd speaker, but mounting it is trickier than wiring it up. You'll need to get one of the Spike speaker plated and drill a couple holes. I installed a set of 4" Kenwoods, a Pinnovator subwoofer out, Polk powered sub, Pin Stadiums, speaker light kit, lighted flipper buttons, white t-molding and a Premium translite. Also, there's a setting in the menu for the speakers.

Hey everyone, I wanted to comment on the ability to add a 2nd speaker to the Star Wars Home Pin (probably ditto for Jurassic Park model). Spoke with Wes (Rebel Guitars) several times for advice on how to do this. First of all, it is a pain in the ass to convert so unless your fairly mechanically handy, it's not the easiest project to tackle. If you do decide to upgrade it, here is what I did. My biggest challenge was for the speaker wiring harness, the Home Pin only has wires for the one speaker, which btw is a very crappy 4 inch 5w paper cone speaker, not good at all for 4-5k pinball machine. So I contacted several folks about the harness and I wound up working with Michael from Flipper Fidelity. Really nice guy! Built me a custom harness and I bought a pair of his Spike 2 backboard speakers, nice 2 ways. He sent the harness, foam spacers and hardware which really worked out great, high recommend him! I got the speakers and plugged them into the CPU board and bam, awesome stereo sound!! My next steps were to buy a pair of aftermarket speaker plates (definitely recommend this) and I got a pair from speakerlightkits.com for like $20. Now comes the hard part, the predrilled holes in the speaker plates must be for full sized Spike 2 machines so what I did was took the paper background covers over the speaker foam and used those as templates to drill the needed holes. For the left side where there currently is no speaker, you only have to drill two holes (use a 3/16") bit. For the right side where the one speaker is, gonna need to drill four holes so plate goes over existing screw posts. Once you do that, speakers mount very easy to the plates, tighten the screws down and your good to go. I also ordered a sound card from Pinnovators (thanks Wes) and plugged in a 10 inch Polk external sub. OMG the sound was off the hook good, I mean went from a 1 before to a 10 now!! I cost me about $300 for everything but totally worth it! It was some work and planning but it's like playing a totally different game now! I also made my own speaker light kit. Decided against powering off the board so I bought two light kits from Menards for like $5 each, got a USB two outlet adaptor and ran an extension cord thru backboard out the bottom and works and looks great! Adding some pics to.....[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I made this as an easy way to mount an extra stock speaker. I'm not sure I would use it to mount a speaker with a super heavy magnet like those flipper fidelity replacements.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5385687

IMG_3586 (resized).JPGIMG_3586 (resized).JPGIMG_3587 (resized).JPGIMG_3587 (resized).JPG
5 months later
#301 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Does anyone know if there is also a Spider-man Home Edition Club? Just acquired that game along with my SW and JP Home Editions, but I'm not finding one for the home Spidey.

It’s cool that you got to snag one. They don’t seem to come up all that often. Looks like a fun game

1 month later
#308 1 year ago
Quoted from -Gramps:

Hello SW home pin owners. I hope you will help me with a question: Does the home pin have plug-n-play capability for a shaker motor? I have a friend that just got the home pin- & he loves it! I have a Mando with a shaker, & he would like me to add one to his home pin. Doable? Thanks very much!

No shaker motor support. There is also no cabinet node to connect it to.

#311 1 year ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Heavy Metal is the same layout with the shaker capability.
Go for a small video screen or some X-wing minis for mods
I have a thing for custom shooter rods on my titles.

Heavy metal is the same layout, but different cabinet with a lockdown bar and coin mechs, and different architecture (Spike vs the newer Spike 2).

#317 1 year ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

Just joined the club (Christmas present for my son)! I realize that these are built differently than my other commercial pins are. So, what mods or add-on's have you been successfully able to add to your home pin? I already have the art blades and flipper bat toppers.
Edit...Its still in the box and I haven't looked at it yet.

Some things you can do (they are from my Jurassic Park home pin, but they work here too)

Adding a cabinet speaker for $20
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-the-pin-sternowners-club-welcome-home-jurassic-park/page/3#post-6711442

Thumbscrew
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-the-pin-sternowners-club-welcome-home-jurassic-park/page/8#post-6863372

2nd Speaker bracket
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-the-pin-sternowners-club-welcome-home-jurassic-park/page/9#post-6930186

3 weeks later
#327 1 year ago

Did you add the cabinet speaker? I followed the instructions from the link to the letter and can't get any sound out of the cabinet speaker. Wondering if I missed something or if maybe the Star Wars programming doesn't have the cab speaker supported.
Anybody else have any luck adding the cabinet speaker in a SW Home pin?

You have to drive the cabinet speaker from the left speaker channel since the output is mono by default. JP got a code update and the cabinet channel was enabled at that time. Sorry about that

You other option would be to use one of the Pinnoovator boards that people use to get 3.5mm headphone line out as an input for a small amp (like this https://www.amazon.com/ASHATA-Stereo-Amplifier-Digital-Speaker/dp/B07FL9MJ9M/ref=sr_1_19) and let that drive the cabinet speaker if you already have a 2nd speaker in the head. You can even wire the amp into the input terminals to the power supply so it turns on and off with the pin. Hope this helps!

127bfba2598f09c21d7472555255ca6b083fcfcc (resized).jpg127bfba2598f09c21d7472555255ca6b083fcfcc (resized).jpg1cdd82f5597096b9540bf7da4395a01ca06e3968 (resized).jpg1cdd82f5597096b9540bf7da4395a01ca06e3968 (resized).jpg
#331 1 year ago

Thanks for the feedback. I figured that was probably the case, but was hoping maybe SW got the same update. I will reroute them to the left channel and report back.

No problem. I completely forgot that JP had those tweaks in the code update. I think the timing just worked out because there was a high score bug, and I happened to ask Jack on here if there was any chance they could enable the cabinet pins and the fade function before they released the patch. I also updated my original response with another solution to get you there.

5 months later
#365 9 months ago
Quoted from Rodgy_beats:

Is there a way to change out these cheap feeling plastic side rails and / or the lockdown bar? I’m not opposed to drilling a hole for a different start button in the cabinet.

Side rails, yes. See this in the JDJP thread where someone timmed down some stock rails and used those. You need to buy new glass channel too.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-the-pin-sternowners-club-welcome-home-jurassic-park/page/14#post-7424697

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 month later
#387 8 months ago
Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

The light saber is cool looking but is there a way to do a cleaner install so the red and black wires don't show? If not I'd at least paint the red wire black so it disappears more.

I imagine if you take off the apron plastic, you could hide those wires better before putting it back on. I agree they do draw the eye with how it is now.

3 months later
#400 5 months ago
Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

I 3D printed up this thumb screw adaptor that was created by bigguybbr over on the Jurassic Park Home Pin thread.
It works out great! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Glad you like it!

#404 5 months ago
Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

Has anyone had any success tightening down the lockbar? Mine is pretty loose. The right side is good but the left side it feels like they installed the hinge a little too high as it doesn’t get very tight.
Anyone come up with a way to make it tighter?

On the latches, that 'C' shaped spring part that catches the tab on the lockdown bar can be bent to give it more tension. I just used a set of channel locks to close it up a bit, and that worked for me.

2 weeks later
#411 4 months ago
Quoted from AZTim:

Yeah - it's pretty lame that Stern seems to have left Star Wars for dead, yet continues to ship code updates for JP home. Come on Stern, give us a home edition update!

Stern only put out a single code update for JP home shortly after launch to correct an issue where HSTD wasn’t being saved. They aren’t making continued updates. Jack Danger mentioned on a stream that the home pins are shipped with what Stern considers completed code, so updates shouldn’t be expected.

The only wrinkle is that Gomez hints here and there about IC for home pins. Since they don’t have any more production runs of home pins on the schedule, I don’t know if that will ever materialize.

1 month later
#414 3 months ago
Quoted from EspoPinball:

Does anyone have an alternate SD download with new graphics? I was able to get one for the jurrasic park home pin.

Star Wars already has a ton of clips from the film. Not sure if there is a need for one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 4,999.99
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
$ 4,999.99
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin-Tools.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigguybbr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-home-edition-fan-club?tu=bigguybbr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.