IMG_2321 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2320 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3454 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3430 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3428 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3427 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JOESCHALL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#238 2 years ago

Looking forward to joining the club. Have been impatiently waiting for the pin to ship after ordering it from a distributor on September 15 and sending a reminder in October. Seems an awful long time to wait, but at this point, that's what I'm doing. Thanks to Danger and others who have posted videos, which got me interested.

#240 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Did you get the comic book one?

Originally I did not order the comic version. Then when I checked with the distributor for a status update after five weeks of waiting I got this message: "Apparently our warehouse in Chicago messed up and the star wars the pin we have in stock are the comic versions." So I said yes to the comic version and was told by the distributor that they would get to work on shipping, but that was back in mid-October, and still no shipping. I'm just as happy with the comic version.

#244 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

It looks so good! Hope it ships soon, specially if it was in stock. The wait is eh e worst :-p

Thanks. I wrote to the distributor for a status update today, so we'll see what that brings. I also just ordered a JP home edition from another distributor who promises shipping this week, so we'll see. Would be a mighty nice Christmas treat to have both . . .

1 month later
#247 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Just joined the club, can confirm that the headphone adapter works perfectly if you swap out a real coin door with the slot for it

Congratulations on joining the club--it's a great game. And good to know on the headphone adapter.

3 months later
#267 1 year ago

Meant to post these photos right after Star Wars Day but got caught up in Pinfest. To give Penn State students a study break in the midst of finals week, I took my SW HE onto campus set on free play (duh) for the day on May the 4th. It was greatly enjoyed by students, staff, and faculty alike. They all thought it was a "real pinball machine"--fancy that.

SW1 (resized).JPGSW1 (resized).JPGSW2 (resized).JPGSW2 (resized).JPGSW3 (resized).JPGSW3 (resized).JPG
5 months later
#296 1 year ago

Does anyone know if there is also a Spider-man Home Edition Club? Just acquired that game along with my SW and JP Home Editions, but I'm not finding one for the home Spidey.

#298 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Hmm don’t think a club thread…I remember posting pics of it from ces but that was maybe a rumor/home thread. I’ll check. Unless you want to start the club thread?

Thanks. I will start one if there isn't one already.

1 month later
#304 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

It seems one of the quirks of these home pins is that people will want to play one before they drop that kind of coin on a machine but being as they are only in people's houses there isn't really a place to play test them to see if you are really interested. I wonder if that has hurt sales?

Yes, it would seem so. Having owned all three, I can tell you that the SW HE and JP HE are definitely both a cut above the Spidey. I am told by a company rep that there is likely another HE in the works--He-Man.

#306 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

He-Man would be really great if true, and if it were based on the original.

Indeed. That's what I was told as the likely next HE by a distributor from whom I have bought numerous pins. Nothing confirmed yet, but I like the idea.

2 months later
#334 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Never experienced this. Try cleaning the sensor

Agreed. Also see if the physical switch the ball sits on is loose or getting stuck. Go into switch test and activate that switch and see what happens.

1 month later
#341 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

Hello, if anyone has ever wished their home pin had a larger screen, I've created an upgrade kit. It features the same speaker panel with 15.6" LCD screen found in the Pro/Premium/LE models with all hardware, components and templates to make the conversion to your home pin look like it came from the factory that way. The kit is now live in the marketplace - https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/153887

After I got a few questions answered from the seller, I decided to order one of these kits for my SW HE. Deposit sent. I'll post some photos and my thoughts here once the kit is installed.

1 month later
#349 11 months ago
Quoted from silverballaholic:

Finally got this fixed. Had to replace the sensor. Required outside assistance, but it is done. Back to 100%. The switch test was the key to show us which one was bad. Thanks everyone.

Congrats, and thanks for reporting back.

1 month later
#350 10 months ago

Hello, if anyone has ever wished their home pin had a larger screen, I've created an upgrade kit. It features the same speaker panel with 15.6" LCD screen found in the Pro/Premium/LE models with all hardware, components and templates to make the conversion to your home pin look like it came from the factory that way. The kit is now live in the marketplace - https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/153887

Added this mod over the weekend to a SW HE and I love it. The installation instructions from Chris were detailed and excellent, and it makes a huge difference in the game in both video and audio. There is no deterioration of quality in the video and now it's so much easier to read the text and enjoy the movie scenes, and the audio quality is so much better as well, with the nuances of the music and speech much clearer. After installation, I had the original glass and translite cut down to size at a local framing shop rather than going the plexiglass route. I have another SW HE coming soon, so I'll likely make a video of them side by side and post it to show the contrast of the original monitor versus this mod. But for now, a few pix are below, including showing the rear of the original monitor and speaker panel versus the new. Yes, it's pricey mod, but I think it adds a lot to the game and is well worth it.

Glad to answer any questions for anyone considering this option.

SWHE1 (resized).JPGSWHE1 (resized).JPGSWHE2 (resized).JPGSWHE2 (resized).JPGSWHE3 (resized).JPGSWHE3 (resized).JPG
#352 10 months ago
Quoted from AZTim:

Looks great. Very cool, thank you for sharing. It seems like a bigger screen would make a big difference.

The difference is phenomenal, and in sound as well. This weekend I'll have another SW HE with the original smaller screen, so I do plan to make a video with a side-by-side comparison.

1 week later
#358 10 months ago
Quoted from Rodgy_beats:

Now that I’ve gotten to wizard mode it sure feels like it’s time for my next pin…

Congrats on the wizard mode.

If you have the cash, why not pick up a Jurassic Park Home Edition? I did so from a reliable and experienced seller in PA for $3,600, and I can't be sure but I believe he's got another one that he would ship. If he still has one, with shipping you might be able to get a NIB one from him for around $4,000.

Anyway, just a thought. The JP HE is more challenging and a Jack Danger game with code updates. I have two JP HEs and they have performed really well.

If you need more info, feel free to PM me.

#362 10 months ago

Comparison 3.5-minute video with the Star Wars Home Edition on the left (movie art) and the same machine (comic art) on the right. The left machine has the mod installed with the upgraded full-sized Stern display with the larger monitor and stereo Kenwood speakers; the right machine has the original much smaller display with the factory single speaker. After installing the mod, I just had to have the translite and glass cut down to size at a local glass shop. Though pricey, IMO this mod is definitely worth the cost for the enhanced video and audio quality. The same mod is also available from a pinsider for the Jurassic Park Home Edition.

A few pix as well.

Let me know if you have any questions.

SW1 (resized).JPGSW1 (resized).JPGSW2 (resized).JPGSW2 (resized).JPGSW3 (resized).JPGSW3 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#376 9 months ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

Can't seem to find a schematic for this SW home pin. Checked all the usual suspects, but nothing shows up. Does Stern even make this available to us?

I could be wrong, but it seems highly unlikely, in that there has never been a code update for the SW HE either. I think the only hope you'd have is to write to Stern tech support directly and ask.

#381 9 months ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

My guess is since these The Pins are home models, they don't want McGiver wannabes poking in the electronics. But, after checking IPDB.org -- the manuals for their premium and pro SW line don't include them either. In 14 years of collecting and restoring, this is the first pin I've ever had without one. First Stern, too. I will email their tech group and ask, tho. Good idea, thanks

Cool. Thanks. Let us know if you get the schematics. On a related note, I do know that pinsiders have found the node board schematics for various nodes, and I believe the HEs use some of the same node boards as other pins.

2 months later
#392 6 months ago

Just awesome to have the upgrade kits from pinsider Pinball-Cruiser installed on both the SW and JP home editions. What a difference it makes in video and audio! You have to see and hear them to fully appreciate them. Thanks to Chris for making these kits available for sale and including such carefully detailed instructions and materials. For me, it takes about 2.5 hours to install each kit. The result is well worth it, and I now include these pins as tournament machines in our monthly IFPA tournaments in central PA.

Joe Schall

Home Editions (resized).jpgHome Editions (resized).jpg
#394 6 months ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Could you share a link? Would love to look into one for mine!

Write Chris--pinside handle is PINBALL-CRUISER--with your request. He is not actively advertising the kits at the moment, but I think he is still building and customzing them (based on your needs) upon request. A great communicator and awesome and very skilled pinsider.

5 months later
#422 45 days ago

If anyone missed an opportunity to upgrade their Star Wars Home Pin with my Screen Upgrade Kit, I just opened a new production run of 5 units for delivery in May 2024. This will likely be the only run until the Fall.

Here's the listing https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/173649

Just an unsolicited plug to say that I installed these kits in two SW home pins, which have since had hundreds of plays with no issues. The installation instructions were detailed and excellent as well. I had plexi cut at a local frame shop to replace the removed translite glass. Highly recommended for much better graphics and audio.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4,999.99
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 4,999.99
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Redlands, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin-Tools.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JOESCHALL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-home-edition-fan-club?tu=JOESCHALL and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.