IMG_2321 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2320 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3454 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3430 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3428 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3427 (resized).jpeg
There are 428 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.
#251 2 years ago
Quoted from KAIN:

Finally bought one!
Had to adjust and glue lock1 topp sensor to get rid of the flacky lock on/off sensor.
Mounted a playfieldprotector-illuminated the Apron and a little bit bigger screen.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Can we get video of this and details of what was used to make it happen?

#252 2 years ago

I did something similar to Heavy Metal.
Take outage opto board.
Put something on the screws to absorb shock.
I used some rubber gasket material, maybe a small square if layered duct tape for cushioning.
Replaced it and it is all fixed.
No more ghost ball captures.

4 weeks later
#253 2 years ago

Another horse in the stable. Joined today with a NIB comic edition. Bout time.

#254 2 years ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

Another horse in the stable. Joined today with a NIB comic edition. Bout time.

Welcome!! You'll love it, the art package alone is amazing, love shooting the deathstar during its multi ball, and sometimes simple is better. Mine is all but bolted, have entertained trading up but then I play a game and love being able to hit the wizard mode in one play through

#255 2 years ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Welcome!! You'll love it, the art package alone is amazing, love shooting the deathstar during its multi ball, and sometimes simple is better. Mine is all but bolted, have entertained trading up but then I play a game and love being able to hit the wizard mode in one play through

Thanks. My first Stern and first NIB after 13 years of collecting. It's an incredible game. So much more than I expected for a home edition. Just starting to learn game play and the rule sheet. Enjoying the whole experience. It's a most welcome addition here because my other 7 machines are locked up in storage (8 months so far) while house is being built. Addiction in progress.

#256 2 years ago

Hey everyone, where c an I get the R2 Optos that sit under the plastic? Mine broke today and I need to have it replaced asap. Let me know, thanks!

#257 2 years ago
Quoted from dpapclare:

Hey everyone, where c an I get the R2 Optos that sit under the plastic? Mine broke today and I need to have it replaced asap. Let me know, thanks!

My NIB came to me broken, reached out to stern and they sent me the optos soldered to their wires and connectors after some back and forth. I googled them and think i found them originally but were not stern specific ones so might be netter to try through stern first

#258 2 years ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

My NIB came to me broken, reached out to stern and they sent me the optos soldered to their wires and connectors after some back and forth. I googled them and think i found them originally but were not stern specific ones so might be netter to try through stern first

Thanks for the quick reply! I ended up managing to repair the one I have but I will certainly look into replacements for the future!

#259 2 years ago

Thought I'd throw this out here to community that actually digs these Home Editions. I have a JP Home Edition that I bought NIB about a 5 weeks ago with about 300 plays on it now and I just am not digging it. I seem to be the only person to have bought one who didn't love it, unfortunately. I would love to even trade for a Star Wars Home Edition, preferably Comic Edition, but I don't really care. I'm located in between Cincinnati and Columbus. I'm hoping maybe someone on here feels they have played theirs out and would like a new challenge. I have an ad up on here with pictures.

#260 2 years ago

I wanted to check in with everyone and see how the playfields are holding up. I believe some of you may have owned these machines for a couple years now. I may have a line on a NIB SW Comic Art home edition. Whatever I choose to buy, I will be new to pinball ownership so I'm really interested in hearing your feedback. Thanks!

#261 2 years ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Hi. Where did you find the replacement optos? I have st. in the shop and have the issue with r2 opto only one has the red light

#262 2 years ago

I tried to get a capture opto for Heavy Metal, it was unobtainable, for a new build.
I had to send the opto out for repair.

#263 2 years ago
Quoted from NATS_Fan:

I wanted to check in with everyone and see how the playfields are holding...

Still going strong, even the posts for the passive ball lock look fine! Its had almost a year of almost daily play.

Quoted from smersh:

Hi. Where did you find the replacement optos?

I spoke directly with sterns support team, but also was my first attempt so never dug around too deeply online. I did find some when just googling stern optos, but didnt go further to confirm if they were compatable or anything

#264 2 years ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Still going strong, even the posts for the passive ball lock look fine! Its had almost a year of almost daily play.

I spoke directly with sterns support team, but also was my first attempt so never dug around too deeply online. I did find some when just googling stern optos, but didnt go further to confirm if they were compatable or anything

Thank you for the feedback. Sounds like one of those home editions would be a good entry level machine for someone like me.

1 week later
#265 2 years ago

You can add a 2nd speaker, but mounting it is trickier than wiring it up. You'll need to get one of the Spike speaker plated and drill a couple holes. I installed a set of 4" Kenwoods, a Pinnovator subwoofer out, Polk powered sub, Pin Stadiums, speaker light kit, lighted flipper buttons, white t-molding and a Premium translite. Also, there's a setting in the menu for the speakers.

Quoted from RebelGuitars:

You can add a 2nd speaker, but mounting it is trickier than wiring it up. You'll need to get one of the Spike speaker plated and drill a couple holes. I installed a set of 4" Kenwoods, a Pinnovator subwoofer out, Polk powered sub, Pin Stadiums, speaker light kit, lighted flipper buttons, white t-molding and a Premium translite. Also, there's a setting in the menu for the speakers.

Hey everyone, I wanted to comment on the ability to add a 2nd speaker to the Star Wars Home Pin (probably ditto for Jurassic Park model). Spoke with Wes (Rebel Guitars) several times for advice on how to do this. First of all, it is a pain in the ass to convert so unless your fairly mechanically handy, it's not the easiest project to tackle. If you do decide to upgrade it, here is what I did. My biggest challenge was for the speaker wiring harness, the Home Pin only has wires for the one speaker, which btw is a very crappy 4 inch 5w paper cone speaker, not good at all for 4-5k pinball machine. So I contacted several folks about the harness and I wound up working with Michael from Flipper Fidelity. Really nice guy! Built me a custom harness and I bought a pair of his Spike 2 backboard speakers, nice 2 ways. He sent the harness, foam spacers and hardware which really worked out great, high recommend him! I got the speakers and plugged them into the CPU board and bam, awesome stereo sound!! My next steps were to buy a pair of aftermarket speaker plates (definitely recommend this) and I got a pair from speakerlightkits.com for like $20. Now comes the hard part, the predrilled holes in the speaker plates must be for full sized Spike 2 machines so what I did was took the paper background covers over the speaker foam and used those as templates to drill the needed holes. For the left side where there currently is no speaker, you only have to drill two holes (use a 3/16") bit. For the right side where the one speaker is, gonna need to drill four holes so plate goes over existing screw posts. Once you do that, speakers mount very easy to the plates, tighten the screws down and your good to go. I also ordered a sound card from Pinnovators (thanks Wes) and plugged in a 10 inch Polk external sub. OMG the sound was off the hook good, I mean went from a 1 before to a 10 now!! I cost me about $300 for everything but totally worth it! It was some work and planning but it's like playing a totally different game now! I also made my own speaker light kit. Decided against powering off the board so I bought two light kits from Menards for like $5 each, got a USB two outlet adaptor and ran an extension cord thru backboard out the bottom and works and looks great! Adding some pics to.....20220401_101717 (resized).jpg20220401_101717 (resized).jpg

20220401_133231 (resized).jpg20220401_133231 (resized).jpg20220401_193509 (resized).jpg20220401_193509 (resized).jpg20220401_203036 (resized).jpg20220401_203036 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#266 1 year ago

Joined the club yesterday with a comic edition. Such a fun game. Bought second hand

#267 1 year ago

Meant to post these photos right after Star Wars Day but got caught up in Pinfest. To give Penn State students a study break in the midst of finals week, I took my SW HE onto campus set on free play (duh) for the day on May the 4th. It was greatly enjoyed by students, staff, and faculty alike. They all thought it was a "real pinball machine"--fancy that.

SW1 (resized).JPGSW1 (resized).JPGSW2 (resized).JPGSW2 (resized).JPGSW3 (resized).JPGSW3 (resized).JPG
#268 1 year ago

What's the most recent code on this game? Checked on sterns site, but it wasn't listed. My game is on 1.04 I think

#269 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

What's the most recent code on this game? Checked on sterns site, but it wasn't listed. My game is on 1.04 I think

I have a car mic version and thats what I have on mine as well.

#270 1 year ago
Quoted from Aquadude777:

Hey everyone, I wanted to comment on the ability to add a 2nd speaker to the Star Wars Home Pin (probably ditto for Jurassic Park model). Spoke with Wes (Rebel Guitars) several times for advice on how to do this. First of all, it is a pain in the ass to convert so unless your fairly mechanically handy, it's not the easiest project to tackle. If you do decide to upgrade it, here is what I did. My biggest challenge was for the speaker wiring harness, the Home Pin only has wires for the one speaker, which btw is a very crappy 4 inch 5w paper cone speaker, not good at all for 4-5k pinball machine. So I contacted several folks about the harness and I wound up working with Michael from Flipper Fidelity. Really nice guy! Built me a custom harness and I bought a pair of his Spike 2 backboard speakers, nice 2 ways. He sent the harness, foam spacers and hardware which really worked out great, high recommend him! I got the speakers and plugged them into the CPU board and bam, awesome stereo sound!! My next steps were to buy a pair of aftermarket speaker plates (definitely recommend this) and I got a pair from speakerlightkits.com for like $20. Now comes the hard part, the predrilled holes in the speaker plates must be for full sized Spike 2 machines so what I did was took the paper background covers over the speaker foam and used those as templates to drill the needed holes. For the left side where there currently is no speaker, you only have to drill two holes (use a 3/16") bit. For the right side where the one speaker is, gonna need to drill four holes so plate goes over existing screw posts. Once you do that, speakers mount very easy to the plates, tighten the screws down and your good to go. I also ordered a sound card from Pinnovators (thanks Wes) and plugged in a 10 inch Polk external sub. OMG the sound was off the hook good, I mean went from a 1 before to a 10 now!! I cost me about $300 for everything but totally worth it! It was some work and planning but it's like playing a totally different game now! I also made my own speaker light kit. Decided against powering off the board so I bought two light kits from Menards for like $5 each, got a USB two outlet adaptor and ran an extension cord thru backboard out the bottom and works and looks great! Adding some pics to.....[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I made this as an easy way to mount an extra stock speaker. I'm not sure I would use it to mount a speaker with a super heavy magnet like those flipper fidelity replacements.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5385687

IMG_3586 (resized).JPGIMG_3586 (resized).JPGIMG_3587 (resized).JPGIMG_3587 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#271 1 year ago

Woohoo beat the game. Pretty good feeling because first one I've ever finished.

IMG_20220522_113839105_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220522_113839105_HDR (resized).jpg
#272 1 year ago

I finally had my spare Capture Optos arrive from Stern.
Parts are finally flowing. I ordered them in June last year.

#273 1 year ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

I finally had my spare Capture Optos arrive from Stern.
Parts are finally flowing. I ordered them in June last year.

Jesus, had to get some optos for a different game, heres hoping they just didnt have them and its not that this backlog is still that bad

3 weeks later
#274 1 year ago

Hey y'all.... PROUD new owner here of a Star Wars Home edition Comic version. This machine is amazing!! Love the art work, the flow, the movie clips... all of it. The family is having so much fun with it. I think Stern really hit a home run with this model. Also - I am very happy to report that my model came with an all metal lockdown bar. Not sure when they made the switch from the plastic ones, but nice to see metal in that spot.

Obligatory photo attached!

unnamed (1) (resized).jpgunnamed (1) (resized).jpg
#275 1 year ago
Quoted from AZTim:

Hey y'all.... PROUD new owner here of a Star Wars Home edition Comic version. This machine is amazing!! Love the art work, the flow, the movie clips... all of it. The family is having so much fun with it. I think Stern really hit a home run with this model. Also - I am very happy to report that my model came with an all metal lockdown bar. Not sure when they made the switch from the plastic ones, but nice to see metal in that spot.
Obligatory photo attached!
[quoted image]

Looks great.
It’s good to hear you’re enjoying the game.

#276 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Looks great.
It’s good to hear you’re enjoying the game.

Thanks Mike! It's been a blast so far. Love the layout.

3 weeks later
#277 1 year ago

Officially left the club yesterday, traded for a AIQ pro. Loved the home pin but it didn’t get any attention in our lineup. Off to a new home where it will be played and loved.

Flip on!

#278 1 year ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Officially left the club yesterday, traded for a AIQ pro. Loved the home pin but it didn’t get any attention in our lineup. Off to a new home where it will be played and loved.
Flip on!

Congrats!! Curious how your trade played out. Was it with a friend, flat trade? Not sure id get rid of mine but genuinely curious how you navigated a home pin to a pro

#279 1 year ago
Quoted from AZTim:

Obligatory photo attached![quoted image]

That actually does look pretty nice in that pic.

2 weeks later
#280 1 year ago

Joined the club last month. It’s pretty hard to find a home-edition for a decent price in the Netherlands. But finally found one. I love the comic art drawings on the machine, call outs and SW video’s. It’s our first pinball at home and my wife, me and the kids love it. Code is simple and it plays fast. Its a great way for the kids to enjoy pinball. I’m even thinking about adding the JDJP home edition or a JpPro soon.

759922F1-7F3E-4A2B-87F1-502D3AFBB3FC (resized).jpeg759922F1-7F3E-4A2B-87F1-502D3AFBB3FC (resized).jpegBB5F6C1E-84BE-4ACD-80C4-7189B72FA9C7 (resized).jpegBB5F6C1E-84BE-4ACD-80C4-7189B72FA9C7 (resized).jpegE32B7CB3-B0B8-451C-899F-784D074F1424 (resized).jpegE32B7CB3-B0B8-451C-899F-784D074F1424 (resized).jpeg
#281 1 year ago

Looking good! JP home pin is also a nice and super fast game! . Groeten uit Nederland

#282 1 year ago

Looks great... loving mine! I've added some LED's and spotlights that really make the game pop. I'll try to post a video later this week.

#283 1 year ago
Quoted from Dubcek152:

Joined the club last month. It’s pretty hard to find a home-edition for a decent price in the Netherlands. But finally found one. I love the comic art drawings on the machine, call outs and SW video’s. It’s our first pinball at home and my wife, me and the kids love it. Code is simple and it plays fast. Its a great way for the kids to enjoy pinball. I’m even thinking about adding the JDJP home edition or a JpPro soon.

Hey fellow european!
I am looking at the Star Wars Home Version as well, but I can only find them for 6000€ and up, would you mind telling where you got it and at what price?
At 6000€ I might as well get a more expensive, full size one. I see Star Wars Home Pins on the Pinside Marketplace for 3-4K$, but nothing like that for europe :/

#284 1 year ago
Quoted from BeerTiger:

Hey fellow european!
I am looking at the Star Wars Home Version as well, but I can only find them for 6000€ and up, would you mind telling where you got it and at what price?
At 6000€ I might as well get a more expensive, full size one. I see Star Wars Home Pins on the Pinside Marketplace for 3-4K$, but nothing like that for europe :/

Hi BeerTiger,
Prices in Europe are unfortunately pretty high for NIB pinballmachines. Especially if you compare them to US. My SW home edition was €6100.- imported bij distributor from Belgium. Shippingcosts and taxes in Europe are driving prices up.

#285 1 year ago

Hi all... I made a video my comic edition upgrades, check it out:

#286 1 year ago
Quoted from AZTim:

Hi all... I made a video my comic edition upgrades, check it out:

Wow! Great video. Love the lighting and how the playfield pops out. Thanks for sharing.

#287 1 year ago
Quoted from Dubcek152:

Hi BeerTiger,
Prices in Europe are unfortunately pretty high for NIB pinballmachines. Especially if you compare them to US. My SW home edition was €6100.- imported bij distributor from Belgium. Shippingcosts and taxes in Europe are driving prices up.

Dank je voor het antwoord! (Sorry my dutch is a bit rusty )

Yea that is about the price distributors in Germany charge as well. I guess I will have to bite the bullet then, but not 100% sure yet if I maybe want to go for Godzilla Pro.

#288 1 year ago

Always upgrade to the premium.
Pro is nice, but premium will be just, better.
I only went pro on my Aerosmith due to all the launching balls and damage that is going to surely happen.

#289 1 year ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Always upgrade to the premium.
Pro is nice, but premium will be just, better.
I only went pro on my Aerosmith due to all the launching balls and damage that is going to surely happen.

This is the home pin version. There is no premium, LE, or Pro. It's just, home.

#290 1 year ago

They were debating a godzilla pro.
Or SW homepin.
If you do go with this title get a few extra capture posts (my capture is already needing a refresh) the blue rubber on the end of the lanes does not commonly come in the rubber kit either.

If you start getting flaky captures,
Add some cushioning to the capture board screws and that should absorb some of that contact shock.

#291 1 year ago
Quoted from Dubcek152:

Wow! Great video. Love the lighting and how the playfield pops out. Thanks for sharing.

Appreciate the feedback, thank you!

#292 1 year ago

Hi everybody,
A new Tie Advanced X1 ship for "Star Wars" and "Madalorian" pinball machines. You will find all the information here.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/07124-tie-advanced-x1

IMG_5005 (resized).JPGIMG_5005 (resized).JPGIMG_5009 (resized).JPGIMG_5009 (resized).JPGIMG_5011 (resized).JPGIMG_5011 (resized).JPGIMG_5012 (resized).JPGIMG_5012 (resized).JPGIMG_5014 (resized).JPGIMG_5014 (resized).JPGIMG_5016 (resized).JPGIMG_5016 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#293 1 year ago
Quoted from KAIN:

Finally bought one!
Had to adjust and glue lock1 topp sensor to get rid of the flacky lock on/off sensor.
Mounted a playfieldprotector-illuminated the Apron and a little bit bigger screen.

Any chance you can share some hints/tips on what parts to buy to help implement this? Amazing!

#294 1 year ago
Quoted from pinopinballmods:

Hi everybody,
A new Tie Advanced X1 ship for "Star Wars" and "Madalorian" pinball machines. You will find all the information here.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/07124-tie-advanced-x1
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That does look pretty good. Should be an easy game to mod with all the Star wars merch.

#295 1 year ago
Quoted from pinopinballmods:

Hi everybody,
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That does look pretty good. Should be an easy game to mod with all the Star wars merch.

1 week later
#296 1 year ago

Does anyone know if there is also a Spider-man Home Edition Club? Just acquired that game along with my SW and JP Home Editions, but I'm not finding one for the home Spidey.

#297 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Does anyone know if there is also a Spider-man Home Edition Club? Just acquired that game along with my SW and JP Home Editions, but I'm not finding one for the home Spidey.

Hmm don’t think a club thread…I remember posting pics of it from ces but that was maybe a rumor/home thread. I’ll check. Unless you want to start the club thread?

#298 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Hmm don’t think a club thread…I remember posting pics of it from ces but that was maybe a rumor/home thread. I’ll check. Unless you want to start the club thread?

Thanks. I will start one if there isn't one already.

#299 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Thanks. I will start one if there isn't one already.

Not a real club thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pin-spiderman

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 4,999.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 4,999.99
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Redlands, CA
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin-Tools.com

There are 428 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-home-edition-fan-club/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.