IMG_2321 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2320 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3454 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3430 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3428 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3427 (resized).jpeg
There are 423 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.
#201 2 years ago

I am on a quest to take the high score from RebelGuitars on my machine. Current house record is 17,000,000, but I need to get to 19,000,000 to crack the leaderboard. I have gotten wizard mode several times and took the high score for wizard mode record at 6,000,000.

I have started holding both flippers during the ball launch and shooting for the tie fighter skill shot instead of the jedi skill shot at the top. I think the ball save stays on a bit longer and the bonus is more if you can make the shot.

I also have learned through trial and error that your first character mission is free, so I always make sure to hit Luke, Hans or Laya before doing the r2d2 multiball.

Any other tips/tricks folks have learned to increase scores?

#202 2 years ago
Quoted from silverballaholic:

I am on a quest to take the high score from RebelGuitars on my machine. Current house record is 17,000,000, but I need to get to 19,000,000 to crack the leaderboard. I have gotten wizard mode several times and took the high score for wizard mode record at 6,000,000.
I have started holding both flippers during the ball launch and shooting for the tie fighter skill shot instead of the jedi skill shot at the top. I think the ball save stays on a bit longer and the bonus is more if you can make the shot.
I also have learned through trial and error that your first character mission is free, so I always make sure to hit Luke, Hans or Laya before doing the r2d2 multiball.
Any other tips/tricks folks have learned to increase scores?

The r2d2 stand up increases spinner, adds letters, lights rebels, so its risky but easier that hitting force over and over. Pops increase value of next lit rebel, more rebels before deathstar is more points. Havent farmed the completing rebel bonuses, so that might be something to try. The multi balls are the most profitable ive found, but not doing rebels at all weakens the jackpots so they are still necessary

1 month later
#203 2 years ago

just sold the game after 18 months of pure fun.
I loved it but it's time to make room for another pin.
leaving the club, have fun guys.

#204 2 years ago

Farewell!

1 week later
#205 2 years ago

anybody have one for sale in/near PA?

2 weeks later
#206 2 years ago

So has anyone just alligator clipped speaker wire to the only backbox speaker and run it to a sub? I normally do this to the cabinet speaker on my Sterns but obviously it won't be an option with this pin. I'm aware of the pinnovators kit but want to see if this is an option first.

#207 2 years ago

I have not tried that, I was thinking of just adding a second speaker to it. Curious if anyone has tried this as well.

#208 2 years ago
Quoted from TAVsPlace:

I have not tried that, I was thinking of just adding a second speaker to it. Curious if anyone has tried this as well.

Yes, it is possible

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-home-edition-fan-club/page/2#post-5730589

#209 2 years ago

Thank you!

#210 2 years ago

Hey everyone. Was wondering if anyone has retrofitted a standard shooter rod onto the home pin yet. I find the shooter rod to be the most troublesome part of the machine. Thanks in advance.

#211 2 years ago

Finally bought one!
Had to adjust and glue lock1 topp sensor to get rid of the flacky lock on/off sensor.
Mounted a playfieldprotector-illuminated the Apron and a little bit bigger screen.

6B5A3F30-5184-40F9-AFFE-A10BA0F95937 (resized).jpeg6B5A3F30-5184-40F9-AFFE-A10BA0F95937 (resized).jpegCD096EA8-2026-4F13-B3C1-FDE942637BD1 (resized).jpegCD096EA8-2026-4F13-B3C1-FDE942637BD1 (resized).jpeg
#212 2 years ago
Quoted from KAIN:

Finally bought one!
Had to adjust and glue lock1 topp sensor to get rid of the flacky lock on/off sensor.
Mounted a playfieldprotector-illuminated the Apron and a little bit bigger screen.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work! You gonna share how you did that? I know many folks are curious how to increase the screen size.

#213 2 years ago

Still somewhat of a noob to pinball but have managed to reach Jedi multi-ball four times, including two times yesterday. Super fun game. Love it. Will probably sell in the near future, however. I’m actually looking at the Jurassic Park Home pin as my next possible pick up.

1F1D352F-86D9-4267-9AEA-EB0FE1697284 (resized).jpeg1F1D352F-86D9-4267-9AEA-EB0FE1697284 (resized).jpeg
#214 2 years ago
Quoted from KAIN:

Finally bought one!

As a Stern ambassador, I cannot comment on this.
But as Jack, a regular 'ol pinball enthusiast, this is FU**ING awesome!

#215 2 years ago
Quoted from KAIN:

Finally bought one!

This is the upgrade that would get more people on board with the home editions!

#216 2 years ago

For anyone still interested in adding a left speaker...

I just added a second speaker about 2 weeks ago. The Spike board is already putting out the stereo feed for the left speaker so its just a matter of tapping in.

--Wiring

The wiring is pretty simple, there is labeling at the speaker connection, pretty small under the molex connection, on the Spike board (Follow the right speaker wire back to the Spike board). This identifies the positive and negative lines for the left speaker. I used push on pins that fit the Spike connections and then used .187 terminals on the other end for my speaker. Be sure to match polarity (positive and negative).

--Mounting
This was trickier than the wiring, I ended up using a piece of plexiglass as a makeshift mount. I cut the hole for the speaker and tried to match the spacing as best as possible to the right speaker. I drilled holes through the plexi to mount the speaker directly to it and used simple machine screws and bolts. Then I drilled additional holes matching the bolts that were already mounted in the grille. I also cut up some black screen material to slip between the speaker and the grille, just to help eliminate light bleeding through. **** I was thinking about using sheet metal for the mount since that's easier for me to custom make, but I opted against, JIC it caused vibrations or rattling.

--Speaker
I matched the ohms to what the factory right speaker was, which is 8ohms. You can switch the settings to be either 8 or 4 ohm, so either will work, But I would not mix and match.

IDK, hope this helps anyone who was still toying with the idea.

#217 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

For anyone still interested in adding a left speaker...
I just added a second speaker about 2 weeks ago. The Spike board is already putting out the stereo feed for the left speaker so its just a matter of tapping in.
--Wiring
The wiring is pretty simple, there is labeling at the speaker connection, pretty small under the molex connection, on the Spike board (Follow the right speaker wire back to the Spike board). This identifies the positive and negative lines for the left speaker. I used push on pins that fit the Spike connections and then used .187 terminals on the other end for my speaker. Be sure to match polarity (positive and negative).
--Mounting
This was trickier than the wiring, I ended up using a piece of plexiglass as a makeshift mount. I cut the hole for the speaker and tried to match the spacing as best as possible to the right speaker. I drilled holes through the plexi to mount the speaker directly to it and used simple machine screws and bolts. Then I drilled additional holes matching the bolts that were already mounted in the grille. I also cut up some black screen material to slip between the speaker and the grille, just to help eliminate light bleeding through. **** I was thinking about using sheet metal for the mount since that's easier for me to custom make, but I opted against, JIC it caused vibrations or rattling.
--Speaker
I matched the ohms to what the factory right speaker was, which is 8ohms. You can switch the settings to be either 8 or 4 ohm, so either will work, But I would not mix and match.
IDK, hope this helps anyone who was still toying with the idea.

I plan on doing this this weekend so this is very helpful. Thank you!

#218 2 years ago

Can I see a few pics if how you fixed the flaky locks?
Don't know if I really want to glue it down but if it fixes it.....

#219 2 years ago

Has anyone Yet tried to Convert a Homepin to a Pro yet?

Pretty Much Spike and spike
All parts The same except that of The Playfield Material and the Size of the screen .

In the Video You see The Underside of PF and inside of BackBox. What is the Diff between the homepin and a Pro/le / Not much man .
Missing A piece of metal to hold the lockdown bar/ Diff size screen / Diff material PF / Missing Coin box/ Maybe a Spike board less ... /
Hell. Keep them off my Pro and cut off 3k from the price .

Stern Machines when went to spike did not pass savings on to us but charge JJP money for the Costco Model .
Deception is easy on Humans now , Just look at the Covid fear Plan that has Put people in Lockdown and made so many commit Suicide while we are brainwashed by toys and False idols and Media . Lol
Old and angry and off topic again .

So. Anyone Convert a Homepin to a Pro?

#220 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

I plan on doing this this weekend so this is very helpful. Thank you!

Glad it helps! I think it's certainly a worth while upgrade. If you run into any issues feel free to PM me, I'll help anyway I can.

#221 2 years ago
Quoted from ParisPinballAdct:

so, it's been a year long of Star Wars pin ownership.
I still have lots of fun shooting it every time: the flow on this game is unbelievable.
I own some of the greatest pins ever made (at least that's what people say) in Twilight Zone, Indiana Jones, Funhouse, Attack from Mars.
but i tell you what: this Star Wars pin has the most flow and shoots the best of them all.
Sure, it's a bit shallow and there isn't much to do (I wish the code could have an upate with more missions to accomplish), but in terms of flow, it is just really really good.
the only two things that annoy me are the plastick lockbar (too small) and the plastick shooter rod: they both look cheap...I wish I could replace those two.
love this game, especially with Friends arounds.

You most likely could easily replace the shooter rod. It's just a "C" clip holding it in. Get a new handle and instead of replacing the entire housing, just pull the C clip and then slide in the shooter rod you like and replace the C Clip and you'll be golden!

#222 2 years ago

Anyone figure out a shake motor yet?

#223 2 years ago

I just joined the club. The flow/shots and movie clips on this are definitely better than the premium (which I also own). Very pleasantly surprised with this pin.

#224 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

I just joined the club. The flow/shots and movie clips on this are definitely better than the premium (which I also own). Very pleasantly surprised with this pin.

It’s weird but this game is just plain fun, I played the Pro and did not care for it

#225 2 years ago

I'm thinking I would like to pick one of these up used. Looks like a fun game for the family. I haven't seen them popping up for sale though.

#226 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Anyone figure out a shake motor yet?

I don't believe it has any shaker code.

#227 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I don't believe it has any shaker code.

I believe there was an update shortly after release that supports shakers now.

#228 2 years ago

Either the game has code for shaker, or you could use some led/coil/etc to initiate the shake.

#229 2 years ago

There's no shaker setting in the menu.

#230 2 years ago

I’m almost positive it doesn’t have the ability to support a shaker in the game code.

#231 2 years ago

I thought someone tied the shaker to a shot or something to set off a shaker...but I'd need to dig.

#232 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

I'm thinking I would like to pick one of these up used. Looks like a fun game for the family. I haven't seen them popping up for sale though.

I'm a total newb on NIB pins and working with dealers/distributors. This pin shows out of stock/production everywhere. Are there plans for a new Stern production run in the future?

#233 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Has anyone Yet tried to Convert a Homepin to a Pro yet?

The major obstacle would be adding a node board to support independent slings/bumpers, and the code to support it. I'm betting it's possible to wire up an Arduino with the MOSFETs that Stern uses (https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/110-6072-00). Does anyone have any experience with this?

My imagination of what the "custom" Node board would look like would be a PCB with an Arduino, one MOSFET per sling/bumper, and a 48v rail. The Arduino would tap into each of the sensor signals and fire the coils on behalf of the Node board. The transformers on the Node board would be shorted, so from the game and code's perspective, it thinks its still firing 'every' coil, but the Arduino is actually the one doing it. Probably a $50 upgrade requiring soldering skills and basic coding knowledge. Writing it all out like that, it doesn't seem all that hard. It's tempting to try on a machine like this or Jack Danger's Jurassic Park!

#234 2 years ago

A quick google gives me confidence that adding an Arduino 'node board' wouldn't actually be that difficult:

https://create.arduino.cc/projecthub/Frogger1108/arduino-conversion-of-an-em-pinball-machine-b2f318

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#235 2 years ago

with an arduino you could take multiple inputs, and do as above/relay/mosfet and drive the shaker when XZY were hit/lit

#236 2 years ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

I'm a total newb on NIB pins and working with dealers/distributors. This pin shows out of stock/production everywhere. Are there plans for a new Stern production run in the future?

I know of a couple NIB still got sale locally but prices are a bit high. I'd rather wait for a reasonably priced used one to surface.

#237 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

I know of a couple NIB still got sale locally but prices are a bit high. I'd rather wait for a reasonably priced used one to surface.

Looks like you're probably right. I can wait.

#238 2 years ago

Looking forward to joining the club. Have been impatiently waiting for the pin to ship after ordering it from a distributor on September 15 and sending a reminder in October. Seems an awful long time to wait, but at this point, that's what I'm doing. Thanks to Danger and others who have posted videos, which got me interested.

#239 2 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Looking forward to joining the club. Have been impatiently waiting for the pin to ship after ordering it from a distributor on September 15 and sending a reminder in October. Seems an awful long time to wait, but at this point, that's what I'm doing. Thanks to Danger and others who have posted videos, which got me interested.

Did you get the comic book one?

#240 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Did you get the comic book one?

Originally I did not order the comic version. Then when I checked with the distributor for a status update after five weeks of waiting I got this message: "Apparently our warehouse in Chicago messed up and the star wars the pin we have in stock are the comic versions." So I said yes to the comic version and was told by the distributor that they would get to work on shipping, but that was back in mid-October, and still no shipping. I'm just as happy with the comic version.

#241 2 years ago

I had the flaky ball locks on Heavy Metal (re theme). I had a sheet of rubber rings. I cut some thin pieces from the tag and used them as 'spacer/ shock absorbers' on the opto board screws.
Working well a few test games in.

#242 2 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Originally I did not order the comic version. Then when I checked with the distributor for a status update after five weeks of waiting I got this message: "Apparently our warehouse in Chicago messed up and the star wars the pin we have in stock are the comic versions." So I said yes to the comic version and was told by the distributor that they would get to work on shipping, but that was back in mid-October, and still no shipping. I'm just as happy with the comic version.

It looks so good! Hope it ships soon, specially if it was in stock. The wait is eh e worst :-p

#243 2 years ago

Can you use headphones with this thing?

#244 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

It looks so good! Hope it ships soon, specially if it was in stock. The wait is eh e worst :-p

Thanks. I wrote to the distributor for a status update today, so we'll see what that brings. I also just ordered a JP home edition from another distributor who promises shipping this week, so we'll see. Would be a mighty nice Christmas treat to have both . . .

1 week later
#245 2 years ago

Got the god stack today, all 3 rebel completion bonuses going into jedi wizard mode. Didnt bump the end of jedi score much more than normal, so assuming it applied to just the general score cause it dod help me break my GC. Fun mile stone ticked!

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Can you use headphones with this thing?

Not stock at least, havent looked into mods but with an earlier post they at the very least got a volume nob done if not the full headphone jack upgrade

1 month later
#246 2 years ago

Just joined the club, can confirm that the headphone adapter works perfectly if you swap out a real coin door with the slot for it

#247 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Just joined the club, can confirm that the headphone adapter works perfectly if you swap out a real coin door with the slot for it

Congratulations on joining the club--it's a great game. And good to know on the headphone adapter.

2 weeks later
#248 2 years ago

Really loving this game, only thing I wish is that they used different music for the modes, specifically Leia. Maybe I’ll learn how to make custom audio and change it lol. The call outs are amazing and the music at the start of each ball is perfect. Just hate the in mode music… the pro/premium suffers from this same thing

#249 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Really loving this game, only thing I wish is that they used different music for the modes, specifically Leia. Maybe I’ll learn how to make custom audio and change it lol. The call outs are amazing and the music at the start of each ball is perfect. Just hate the in mode music… the pro/premium suffers from this same thing

The only thing I wish is that there were more of these for sale at more realistic prices. Obviously the current owners aren't gonna gripe. What's crazy is that the dealers/resellers are scalping buyers and actually making more of a profit margin than Stern himself did on the initial run. Yeah, market dictates price, but... there are a lot of pinheads with veeery long memories. I'm betting Gary's kicking himself for not building more of them and setting a much higher factory price (which he may be doing real soon.)

1 week later
#250 2 years ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

The only thing I wish is that there were more of these for sale at more realistic prices. Obviously the current owners aren't gonna gripe. What's crazy is that the dealers/resellers are scalping buyers and actually making more of a profit margin than Stern himself did on the initial run. Yeah, market dictates price, but... there are a lot of pinheads with veeery long memories. I'm betting Gary's kicking himself for not building more of them and setting a much higher factory price (which he may be doing real soon.)

If you are looking one for a fair price I am selling mine for $3600. I have a mando premium coming and am out of room. Included upgraded coin door. It’s like-new mint condition. Posted in marketplace.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin-Tools.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 4,999.99
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Redlands, CA
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 4,999.99
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 423 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-home-edition-fan-club/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.