IMG_3458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3454 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3430 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3428 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3427 (resized).jpeg
Home Editions (resized).jpg
IMG_0614 (resized).jpeg

There are 422 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.
#151 3 years ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Finally heard back after some follow up emails. The part is on back order, so going to be a hot minute before I can get it up and running. Asking them if they can just send it soldered to me given the time its taking, and the warranty covering both parts and labor. We will see, hoping to have it playable by summer at this point

Till then, I took out the post that kept the ball in place for the r2d2 lock. So i cant get to wizard mode, but i can play it without fishing out the ball if it fell into the lock.

#152 3 years ago

Didn't get a confirmation, but I received the optos today! They sent the whole chain, so I just had to install them on the playfield, no soldering. During switch test it worked, and after a few games got a ball stuck there and it registered! So so releaved, now we will see how long it takes to get to the wizard mode. Already broke 2 mil without the r2d2 multiball, so I have high hopes its sooner than later.

PXL_20210209_015528581 (resized).jpgPXL_20210209_015528581 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#153 3 years ago

Any adjustments you feel are great for this pin in general? I had to turn down the auto plunger, and took the flippers down to normal. My ball was just bouncing around everywhere, even on steep pitch.

#154 3 years ago

I had some time tonight and planned to install my old Iron Maiden pro speakers and the plugs don’t match up. Also bought Brite Mods lighted flipper buttons for a Spike 2 and no dice.... I need to read back in this thread to see how others installed These items. Really wish a shaker motor was supported.

#155 3 years ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Any adjustments you feel are great for this pin in general? I had to turn down the auto plunger, and took the flippers down to normal. My ball was just bouncing around everywhere, even on steep pitch.

oh yes?
i have left "strong" setting for the flippers and all is very well. is your playfield super (overly?) freshly waxes? sometimes it makes the ball fly around since it picks up so much speed.
eventually, as the wax settles in, things go back to normal. I have just seen some crazy ball effets and fly over right after a good playfield waxing.

These times am having fun replacing all the playfield rubbers with a different colour (white instead of black) and changing the Leds from warm white to cold white & blue.

#156 3 years ago
Quoted from ParisPinballAdct:

oh yes?
i have left "strong" setting for the flippers and all is very well. is your playfield super (overly?) freshly waxes? sometimes it makes the ball fly around since it picks up so much speed.
eventually, as the wax settles in, things go back to normal. I have just seen some crazy ball effets and fly over right after a good playfield waxing.
These times am having fun replacing all the playfield rubbers with a different colour (white instead of black) and changing the Leds from warm white to cold white & blue.

Yea waxed within 2 or 3 weeks I think. If it starts getting slower again will turn it back up, just was getting the ball jumping into the leia shots off of the auto plunge and the tie fighter shot always kicking back down the ramp. Still finding the sweet spot for the playfield level, starting to think my house has foundation issues lol

2 weeks later
#157 3 years ago

Got Comet spotlights, i can see the drop targets now!! Dont have any lighting fixtures in the room where this is so the spotlights were sorely needed

PXL_20210309_033430123 (resized).jpgPXL_20210309_033430123 (resized).jpg
#158 3 years ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Got Comet spotlights, i can see the drop targets now!! Dont have any lighting fixtures in the room where this is so the spotlights were sorely needed
[quoted image]

Looks nice!

Anyone know if there are any code updates on this pin?

#159 3 years ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Looks good, I have never installed these but you got me thinking about it. Easy install?

#160 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I have not heard or seen anything on new code updates. Anyone Figured out how to install a lower cabinet speaker/sub?

#161 3 years ago

I put one in using a PinWoofer system. I highly recommend

#162 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Looks nice!

not that i know of since the last very minor update (I think 1.03 so irrelevant) a while back.
i posted something about it actually yesterday on my Instagram pinball account, saying this game had amazing flow and "if i'm picky I'd just wish a little bit more code in it" to make it perfect.

I wish Stern would de a code update with some new modes/missions to do...

#163 3 years ago
Quoted from TAVsPlace:

Looks good, I have never installed these but you got me thinking about it. Easy install?

Super easy, hardest part is finding a route for the wires that dont mess with the sling switches, but not a pain by any means.

not that i know of since the last very minor update (I think 1.03 so irrelevant) a while back.
i posted something about it actually yesterday on my Instagram pinball account, saying this game had amazing flow and "if i'm picky I'd just wish a little bit more code in it" to make it perfect.

Would love it. Would also love to be able to progress during multi balls. Also call outs for when you get super ramps and stuff like that would be nice.

#164 3 years ago

I don't think they anticipated that hardcore collectors and pin players would buy this one, so it's geared toward novices.

#165 3 years ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Also call outs for when you get super ramps and stuff like that would be nice.

speaking of "Super ramps", what is it actually?
more points for each ramp shot made ?
I had never come across that pinball term of "super ramps" before...

#166 3 years ago

so, it's been a year long of Star Wars pin ownership.
I still have lots of fun shooting it every time: the flow on this game is unbelievable.

I own some of the greatest pins ever made (at least that's what people say) in Twilight Zone, Indiana Jones, Funhouse, Attack from Mars.

but i tell you what: this Star Wars pin has the most flow and shoots the best of them all.
Sure, it's a bit shallow and there isn't much to do (I wish the code could have an upate with more missions to accomplish), but in terms of flow, it is just really really good.

the only two things that annoy me are the plastick lockbar (too small) and the plastick shooter rod: they both look cheap...I wish I could replace those two.

love this game, especially with Friends arounds.

#167 3 years ago

speaking of "Super ramps", what is it actually?
more points for each ramp shot made ?
I had never come across that pinball term of "super ramps" before...

Yep! They also use super pops and super spinner for increased scoring on pop bumpers and the spinner

#168 3 years ago

so, it's been a year long of Star Wars pin ownership.
I still have lots of fun shooting it every time: the flow on this game is unbelievable.
I own some of the greatest pins ever made (at least that's what people say) in Twilight Zone, Indiana Jones, Funhouse, Attack from Mars.
but i tell you what: this Star Wars pin has the most flow and shoots the best of them all.
Sure, it's a bit shallow and there isn't much to do (I wish the code could have an upate with more missions to accomplish), but in terms of flow, it is just really really good.
the only two things that annoy me are the plastick lockbar (too small) and the plastick shooter rod: they both look cheap...I wish I could replace those two.
love this game, especially with Friends arounds.

Agreed. Just a little more depth would be awesome. Great shooter though. Maybe we could get ChadH to get us new code!!

#169 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Agreed. Just a little more depth would be awesome. Great shooter though. Maybe we could get chadh to get us new code!!

now that's a good idea!
common @chadh: I don't know you yet but i already am a big fan

2 weeks later
#170 2 years ago

Getting closer to wizard mode, but the orbit is a tough one to hit consistently. Have gotten 2 and three shots away and ill lose it down the middle coming out of the pops. Got an okay GC, but going after the rebels isnt as lucrative as the multiballs.

PXL_20210402_014925372 (resized).jpgPXL_20210402_014925372 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#171 2 years ago

Traded in a comic version yesterday.
Quick question: is there any way to have the sling shots work independently? I am quite annoyed with this...

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Traded in a comic version yesterday.
Quick question: is there any way to have the sling shots work independently? I am quite annoyed with this...

Afaik they do. I wonder if your sling rubber is too tight and you’re getting machine gunning? I never noticed it on mine

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Afaik they do. I wonder if your sling rubber is too tight and you’re getting machine gunning? I never noticed it on mine

pretty sure the slings are on the same and the pop bumpers are.

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Nope. They always activate simultaneously
And that's the same on the videos I saw online.

#175 2 years ago

yes: slingshots and pop pumper work together because they have one coil instead of two (for the slings) and one coil instead of three for the pops.
this was done by Stern as a cost saving measure... we have to live with it.

#176 2 years ago

yes: slingshots and pop pumper work together because they have one coil instead of two (for the slings) and one coil instead of three for the pops.

Wow! I never noticed it. It’s at a friends house now.

3 weeks later
#177 2 years ago

Hi!
Im thinking of buying one.
I havent played the home pin,but it looks like the flow is nice!
Im curios how the connector to the Lcd looks like? Can any owner provide one?
Uppgrading to a32” instead of translite would look awsome!
Regards Andreas

#178 2 years ago

Any pictures under the playfield of the slings and pops? I'd like to see how Stern did it.

#179 2 years ago
Quoted from KAIN:

Hi!
Im thinking of buying one.
I havent played the home pin,but it looks like the flow is nice!
Im curios how the connector to the Lcd looks like? Can any owner provide one?
Uppgrading to a32” instead of translite would look awsome!
Regards Andreas

I looked at upgrading monitor size as well. It certainly wasn’t a standard hdmi plug or anything. It was a small thin ribbon cable as I recall

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I looked at upgrading monitor size as well. It certainly wasn’t a standard hdmi plug or anything. It was a small thin ribbon cable as I recall

I suspect they are going same kind as Arcade 1up.
I order a converter for the games to HDMI.
But i dont want to gamble,no known homepin in sweden.:/

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#181 2 years ago

Finally got there!! Wizard mode!! 5 1/2 months aint bad for first pin ever!

PXL_20210511_232059584 (resized).jpgPXL_20210511_232059584 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#182 2 years ago

Cant any owner take a picture back of the screen plz??

#183 2 years ago

I have a Heavy Metal.
I am looking for the part number of the SW homepin playfield optic switch.
It will be listed in the under the playfield parts page.
Was at the bottom of the list in my manual.
Thanks.

Stern has confirmed it is the same opto.

If you are parting out or have a spare capture opto PM me

2 weeks later
#184 2 years ago

I’m really considering this as my next pin, my question to those that own it, is it too easy to complete?
Is Jedi multiball the endgame?
It does look like a great flowing game

#185 2 years ago

There is a real lack of spare parts for this title.
I have been waiting over 2 months for a playfield optic switch from Stern warranty.

Be informed before you buy.

#186 2 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

There is a real lack of spare parts for this title.
I have been waiting over 2 months for a playfield optic switch from Stern warranty.
Be informed before you buy.

It isn't affecting just this title though, even "coin op" games are having part issues. The only benefit is other parts places stock the usual parts. But yeah, I agree, since this title has harder to find parts....be warned before you buy.

If these are the black thin/small boards. I would think someone could have some parts spun up or rebuild them if they were electronically inclined. It is a simple optical circuit but it looks like they've used extremely cheap components/pcb's.

1 week later
#187 2 years ago

I purchased this machine from Rebelguitars on the website and it is fantastic. My kids love it, they have friends over and they love it, my friends love it. It is simple enough for the first time player, but has some fun missions. I have never gotten Jedi multiball, but destroying the death star is really fun and is a manageable task.

I had a local service person come out today to validate I had set it up correctly and that everything was working. She found that the flipper coil stops needed to be replaced, but in the end deemed it a quality machine that she is going to recommend they stock in the store.

She also recommended installing a beer seal at the bottom of the glass on the underside of the lock bar. She didn't have one with her and I didn't want to pay for a return trip.

Is a beer seal something that is standard across games? Has anyone put one on? Did you notice any difference in volume from the machine during game play?

Let me know!

#188 2 years ago

Coils stops are very easy to swap out yourself.
I have collected a long time and have never added seal to glass.
My dad made it clear to us as kids when he hung the dart board over the freezer.
'Something happens to this freezer, I gonna cut out your left nut with a rusty razor blade'.

No drinks on the machine, they make pin-gulp drink holders for that.

Keep an eye out in the local buy/sell for 'X-Wing' minis to put inside as a cheap easy mod with many, ships available.

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from silverballaholic:

I purchased this machine from Rebelguitars on the website and it is fantastic. My kids love it, they have friends over and they love it, my friends love it. It is simple enough for the first time player, but has some fun missions. I have never gotten Jedi multiball, but destroying the death star is really fun and is a manageable task.
I had a local service person come out today to validate I had set it up correctly and that everything was working. She found that the flipper coil stops needed to be replaced, but in the end deemed it a quality machine that she is going to recommend they stock in the store.
She also recommended installing a beer seal at the bottom of the glass on the underside of the lock bar. She didn't have one with her and I didn't want to pay for a return trip.
Is a beer seal something that is standard across games? Has anyone put one on? Did you notice any difference in volume from the machine during game play?
Let me know!

Beer seal is basically weather stripping foam I think. If you care you can get some at Lowe’s and put it in yourself

#190 2 years ago

Yeah, beer seal I recently got from PBL but would get some single side sticky stuff from home store and cut to fit, it actually sticks on the lockdown bar, then helps a super small amount with noise but mostly liquid snd stuff falling into the game under the lockdown bar.

Coil stops as well can be bought at PBL and are replaced with a screw driver. Nice to have on hand, and if you’ve put a few games on, pick up some spare balls to swap in as well, the stock balls may rust and pit soon

#191 2 years ago

Yeah the coil stops were really easy once she showed me how to know they were broken and had the part on site to replace them.

I will have to check out the local hardware store for some weather stripping and see if that fits the bill.

Thanks!

#192 2 years ago

I just got my re-theme back from service.
Tech noted the left capture post was loose. Tightens from under the playfield.
Next time you are under the hood, check it out.

20210709_125301 (resized).jpg20210709_125301 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#193 2 years ago
Quoted from KAIN:

Cant any owner take a picture back of the screen plz??

Sorry for the delay, got the pin strip on the back of the monitor as well as the one on the board

Quoted from BMHouze:

I have a Heavy Metal.
I am looking for the part number of the SW homepin playfield optic switch.
It will be listed in the under the playfield parts page.
Was at the bottom of the list in my manual.
Thanks.
Stern has confirmed it is the same opto.
If you are parting out or have a spare capture opto PM me

I had an opto issue out of box, so in this thread are a bunch of pictures of them that should have the part number on them
PXL_20210720_033319549 (resized).jpgPXL_20210720_033319549 (resized).jpgPXL_20210720_033356700 (resized).jpgPXL_20210720_033356700 (resized).jpg

#194 2 years ago

My issue was loose wire at the connector.

#195 2 years ago

Thanx Gutterghoul!

This shouldnt be a problem with Sterns video output adapter!

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from KAIN:

Thanx Gutterghoul!
This shouldnt be a problem with Sterns video output adapter!

Happy to help! Hope it goes well for you, I would love to upgrade to a larger lcd and it will be encouraging if you're successful

#197 2 years ago

Color DMD is the upgrade.
Once someone colorized this title.

#198 2 years ago

I wonder how different the screen is from a Pro model? Would be a nice upgrade to go to a huge screen.

#199 2 years ago

Anyone know where I can get one of these? Just had one break on the one at the youth center I work at and need to find a replacement. Not sure if it's the same as the regular stern spike 2 Flippers or not.

16270691395265334574497691069819 (resized).jpg16270691395265334574497691069819 (resized).jpg
#200 2 years ago
Quoted from dpapclare:

Anyone know where I can get one of these? Just had one break on the one at the youth center I work at and need to find a replacement. Not sure if it's the same as the regular stern spike 2 Flippers or not.
[quoted image]

I forgot what a spike 2 flipper assembly looks like but this is what Marco says rebuilds the home pin.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/SFLKIT

Also Marco has the game listed! https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/GX3258

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 422 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-home-edition-fan-club/page/4?hl=nihonmasa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.