IMG_2321 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2320 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3454 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3430 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3428 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3427 (resized).jpeg
There are 428 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Ok. Got it home. When it’s playing it’s really fun. Like a well designed 80s or 90s dmd game. Very fun. It has two problems. Ball lock optos in the middle of the field don’t work. That’s a killer. Game is unplayable as there’s no kicker for the ball search to make it release. Bummer.
Also, the cheap plastic shooter housing is broken off the playfield. I’m going to try some JB weld and see if I can get that back up.
Stern support is seemingly unresponsive due to covid. I find that to be a little disingenuous as they are shipping plenty of games...

Usually you go through a distributor for support but I have contacted stern directly and within 1-2 business days had a response. If you contacted them yesterday/Friday. You should get something monday/Tuesday

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Usually you go through a distributor for support but I have contacted stern directly and within 1-2 business days had a response. If you contacted them yesterday/Friday. You should get something monday/Tuesday

Right now, they've just had an outgoing message indicating they can't do support during the covid stuff.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Right now, they've just had an outgoing message indicating they can't do support during the covid stuff.

Umm weird. I’ve been dealing with them on my route games without issue...

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

It appears the amplifier circuitry is already there. So I'd say yes to adding speakers, including a bass speaker in the bottom of the cabinet.

No pins on the sub part of the board. But isn’t it essentially a mix of the two speakers? A clever wiring solution could solve that I suppose. I’m going to try it. I didn’t note the ohms of the speaker that’s installed.

I am currently using JB weld on the shooter sleeve. Looks like a tough design because if you lower the pf wrong I think you can have it hit there first and break it off. Not 100% on that. I’ll report back when it’s all cured.

#55 3 years ago

You can add a 2nd speaker, but mounting it is trickier than wiring it up. You'll need to get one of the Spike speaker plated and drill a couple holes. I installed a set of 4" Kenwoods, a Pinnovator subwoofer out, Polk powered sub, Pin Stadiums, speaker light kit, lighted flipper buttons, white t-molding and a Premium translite. Also, there's a setting in the menu for the speakers.

IMG_3051 (resized).jpgIMG_3051 (resized).jpgIMG_3054 (resized).jpgIMG_3054 (resized).jpg
#56 3 years ago

Nice work.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

You can add a 2nd speaker, but mounting it is trickier than wiring it up. You'll need to get one of the Spike speaker plated and drill a couple holes. I installed a set of 4" Kenwoods, a Pinnovator subwoofer out, Polk powered sub, Pin Stadiums, speaker light kit, lighted flipper buttons, white t-molding and a Premium translite. Also, there's a setting in the menu for the speakers.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s awesome! Man the used market for under $3k is gonna be hot on that game

#58 3 years ago

It’s actually a great game. Fun to flip. Some cool features. Simple structure (not easy, but easily learnable). I like it.

#59 3 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

Is the pin producing stereo sound and they just only spent the money on one speaker? They’re REALLY trying to keep the BOM down on this!

How does the sub signal work? Did you just pull the sound off the left and right combined?

#60 3 years ago

Isn't the "C" pin for the cab speaker?

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Isn't the "C" pin for the cab speaker?

Oh! Maybe so! On that separate connector. I didn’t even notice that. Thanks for pointing that out. I’ll give that a try.

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Is the pin producing stereo sound and they just only spent the money on one speaker? They’re REALLY trying to keep the BOM down on this!
How does the sub signal work? Did you just pull the sound off the left and right combined?

Yes, it’s stereo. You can run a cabinet speaker, I just prefer a powered sub and Pinnovater subwoofer kit sounds much cleaner than jumping off a cabinet speaker to the sub.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Does it take the standard apron cards?
I am on the list for Heavy Metal.
I could use some more 'mature' apron cards.

Sorry I just noticed this question. I don’t think it takes any cards. It’s a plastic where the apron is normally.

#64 3 years ago

Yes, it’s stereo. You can run a cabinet speaker, I just prefer a powered sub and Pinnovater subwoofer kit sounds much cleaner than jumping off a cabinet speaker to the sub.

I have a spare PinWoofer kit so I’m taking this baby to sound heaven! I backbox and sub amps. I have a set on my Star Wars premium and it ROCKS. Hopefully this will be as good.

Love PinWoofer equipment.

1 week later
#65 3 years ago

So has anyone gotten sound out of the cabinet speaker output? My sub isn’t making and sound yet. Not sure anything is coming out of there...

I turned it on in settings, but there are so many settings (khz, etc) I don’t fully understand. I’m just wondering if anyone has done it?

#66 3 years ago

My stereo backbox speakers rock though! Huge sound improvement.

1 month later
#67 3 years ago

i wasn't able to get a signal out of the cabinet output. Seems as if the channel is not enabled on these particular spike boards. How did mount the back box speakers? Did you remove whole panel?

#68 3 years ago

Put the fan upgrade into Star Wars, even though the home pin didn’t have the same layout as the instructions I still got it done. The difference is staggering, barely noticeable now.

17B2BF03-EDF4-45FD-ABD9-5FB96B4E3271 (resized).jpeg17B2BF03-EDF4-45FD-ABD9-5FB96B4E3271 (resized).jpeg
#69 3 years ago
Quoted from Robmars716:

i wasn't able to get a signal out of the cabinet output. Seems as if the channel is not enabled on these particular spike boards. How did mount the back box speakers? Did you remove whole panel?

Glad to hear I wasn’t the problem on the cab speaker output.

I hacked together a “speaker panel” out of a long flat sheet of fairly thick plastic (it was a Tupperware lid). It screwed right in over the existing panel for the left speaker. Then I just cut a hole in the existing cardboard light shield. It was easy. I’m sure there are cleaner ways, but this isn’t a collector situation.

4 weeks later
#70 3 years ago

Hi Everybody!

I just bought some BriteButtons ( Hgh Perfermance LED Flipper Button Lights) for my Star Wars Home Pin. My problem is the Installation because the Home Pin doesnt have an interface at the Coin door ( like the normal Star Wars Pin has).
Has anyone an Idea how to intall the Buttons?

Thanks

Best wishes

Felix

#71 3 years ago

A replacement aftermarket speaker panel with a larger LCD would sell well on these.

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from Lixel27:

Hi Everybody!
I just bought some BriteButtons ( Hgh Perfermance LED Flipper Button Lights) for my Star Wars Home Pin. My problem is the Installation because the Home Pin doesnt have an interface at the Coin door ( like the normal Star Wars Pin has).
Has anyone an Idea how to intall the Buttons?
Thanks
Best wishes
Felix

I used one of these to power speaker lights and lighted flipper buttons;
https://www.pinballlife.com/accessory-power-supply-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-machines-backbox-mounting.html

#73 3 years ago

Star Wars Home Pin with Pinstadium lights. It´s fantastic
Installation was, after the competent and quick help from Scott( Creator of pinstadium, absolutly OUTSTANDING Customer Service!!! Thanks again Scott) very easy.

I know, i choose blue---as blue as it can be---theres never enough blue. Everything contrallable via App.

Felix

pin2 (resized).jpgpin2 (resized).jpgpin3 (resized).jpgpin3 (resized).jpgpin1 (resized).jpegpin1 (resized).jpeg
#74 3 years ago
Quoted from Lixel27:

....I know, i choose blue---as blue as it can be---theres never enough blue. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hmmm...it is quite possible that there is more than enough blue here.

1 week later
#75 3 years ago

What's everyone's best score on SW home yet?
I just put 17M on it.

#76 3 years ago

I think I had 13M

2 weeks later
#77 3 years ago

This may be the silliest “mod” I have ever done but gosh-darn it I like it, lol. I replaced the coin door with a standard stern door which allowed me to install a headphone Jack into the machine so all of my machines can be played with headphones. Except poor Waterworld which doesn’t have a way yet. Someday.

CAFE03D7-1D88-4C8D-B85D-E4E6DF41534F (resized).jpegCAFE03D7-1D88-4C8D-B85D-E4E6DF41534F (resized).jpeg
#78 3 years ago

looks real good!
actually i thought about replacing the coin door too...

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from ParisPinballAdct:

looks real good!
actually i thought about replacing the coin door too...

It was relatively cheap to do so. The door itself was $25, I had to buy the inserts for the coins separately and the screws were special ordered. Otherwise it was easy and the game sounds great coming through the headphones. I wish I had the guts to drill a hole in the cabinet to move the start button to its standard place so i don't accidently start with by gut, lol.

2 weeks later
#80 3 years ago

Someone (/u/rob7276) just posted these pics on Reddit, not sure of the source. But it looks like a Home Edition w/ comic art (including the gorgeous Boba Fett cabinet and a new translite combining the look of the Pro/Prem) is coming. Just thought it was interesting.

pasted_image1 (resized).pngpasted_image1 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).png

#81 3 years ago

That does look nice.

#82 3 years ago

The source of the pictures, some retailer I've never heard of before. Lot more pics if you follow the link. Funny a random website seems to be posting these pictures before anyone else, but I suppose this isn't exactly huge news for pinheads. Gorgeous game though.

https://www.hammacher.com/product/official-star-wars-pinball-machine

#83 3 years ago

4500 and ships in a month, I bet they announce it soon

6D480CF0-A2C0-4345-A09A-6F7F4345A731 (resized).png6D480CF0-A2C0-4345-A09A-6F7F4345A731 (resized).png
#84 3 years ago

That art package really puts it over the top for me. I can't shake the feeling that this is the game that *clicks* pinball for my son and would be the perfect game for me to play after Guardians or AIQ beats me up a while.

#85 3 years ago

The comic art is so amazing.

I honestly don’t get why they aren’t doing home versions of tmnt and Avengers

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

It was relatively cheap to do so. The door itself was $25, I had to buy the inserts for the coins separately and the screws were special ordered. Otherwise it was easy and the game sounds great coming through the headphones. I wish I had the guts to drill a hole in the cabinet to move the start button to its standard place so i don't accidently start with by gut, lol.

I noticed the coin entry buttons were not lit. Was there no source of 6 volts for them?

Did the door come with the test switches and did they work?

It would be nice if you could drill a hole in the cabinet for a lighted start button in the usual spot.

#87 3 years ago

oh ?? you mean the "comic art version" is now available on the Star Wars home?!

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

4500 and ships in a month, I bet they announce it soon
[quoted image]

Today only they are offering 11% off for veterans day via "VETERAN" code at checkout.

2 weeks later
1 week later
#90 3 years ago

Placed an order for the Comic Art version just a day or two after the announcement. Distributor says they still haven't received any yet. Anyone else seeing the same thing? Stern promoted this as a holiday gift so I assumed they intended to send them out before the holidays are over.

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Placed an order for the Comic Art version just a day or two after the announcement. Distributor says they still haven't received any yet. Anyone else seeing the same thing? Stern promoted this as a holiday gift so I assumed they intended to send them out before the holidays are over.

Stern Facebook page shows them on the line today, I’m guessing heavy metal are off the line now and the sw comic pin is rolling.

Should be soon.

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Stern Facebook page shows them on the line today, I’m guessing heavy metal are off the line now and the sw comic pin is rolling.
Should be soon.

Thanks, went and checked out the video. Much more reassured, very excited for this!

#93 3 years ago

Did you see the video? Playfield looks like mdf

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Did you see the video? Playfield looks like mdf

All Home Edition pins (SpiderMan Consumer, Supreme nonsense, SW Home, SW Home Comic) all have had the MDF style playfields. Not breaking news.

Edit - Also has a particle board, Ikea-style cabinet. If you look at pics of any of these games, you'll see what seems to be Cam-lock hardware on each side of the legs (Yellow in the pic below. Two next to each leg on the front panel, three on the sides) and what clearly is particle board exposed edges on the sides (red in the pic) because the decal won't adhere properly to that surface, so the decal is cut back and the particle board is painted black. Let's not pretend Stern is just making a slightly de-featured game for $1300 less than a Pro. You're taking massive build quality hits too.

SW Home (resized).pngSW Home (resized).png

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

All Home Edition pins (SpiderMan Consumer, Supreme nonsense, SW Home, SW Home Comic) all have had the MDF style playfields. Not breaking news.
Edit - Also has a particle board, Ikea-style cabinet. If you look at pics of any of these games, you'll see what seems to be Cam-lock hardware on each side of the legs (Yellow in the pic below. Two next to each leg on the front panel, three on the sides) and what clearly is particle board exposed edges on the sides (red in the pic) because the decal won't adhere properly to that surface, so the decal is cut back and the particle board is painted black. Let's not pretend Stern is just making a slightly de-featured game for $1300 less than a Pro. You're taking massive build quality hits too.
[quoted image]

Both Spiderman Consumer and Supreme have standard wood playfields.
Supreme was in a standard Spike 1 cabinet with coin door as well.

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Not sure because we’ve had them in stock for over a week.

Zach Meny
Flip N Out Pinball

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

[quoted image]

I wasn’t aware of a different material for the home version (s)

#98 3 years ago

Can you add a shaker?

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Can you add a shaker?

No. There's no code for one.

#100 3 years ago

No. There's no code for one.

Hmm, I suppose you could connect a relay to a specific switch on the pf?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Redlands, CA
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin-Tools.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 4,999.99
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 4,999.99
There are 428 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-home-edition-fan-club/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.