40%

(20 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Star_Wars_.jpg
Star_Wars_and_007.jpg
#1 12 years ago

ebay.com link: Data East Star Wars Pinball Machine

May have played this a million years ago. Can't remember too much about it. Looks decent and of course love the theme.

Thoughts?

#2 12 years ago

How much of a Star Wars fan are you?
if not let it pass- sorry

#3 12 years ago

This guys vid is pretty good.

Yeah, not sure I like the layout.

#4 12 years ago

How about the groovy, disco-esque MIDI music? The game has major flaws, but is the best SW pin. I say, if you can score it for around $1600 or less and it is in decent condition you should definitely get it. If you ultimately decide to sell it, you won't have any trouble getting your money back.

good luck,
Shawn

#5 12 years ago

If you are a Star Wars fan then you won't regret buying the game (just don't overpay). You'll want to confirm whether R2D2 works (head rotates and he moves up & down) and that the Death Star works (rotates). Also ask whether the ramp has been welded - the side often separates from the bottom, which can lead to some cheap hack repairs. I bought mine having never played the game and I am having a great time playing it. You can find new plastic sets at Marco's if any are broken.

#6 12 years ago

- nice tips pdxpinduck

#7 12 years ago

Thanks HDC. Another thing to mention is that everyone notices and gravitates to this pin because of the theme. Some of my favorite quotes - ball drains from the outlanes and sometime gives you Han Solo "we're in trouble" or Luke's response to finding out Vader is his father "Noooooooooooooooooo"

#8 12 years ago

Besides the above mentioned tips, the major source of wear is around the scoops. Make sure those holes are in good shape and protected by Cliffys. You cannot buy another ramp if yours is beat up, at least not quickly. People say the repro plastics are nowhere near as good looking as the originals. Haven't seen them myself.

Personally, I didn't really like the gameplay. It also has some software bugs because it wasn't finished.

#9 12 years ago

I'm a SW fan, but didn't really like the pin much when i played it. It was alright.
But at less than 1500$ you can't go wrong. Nice examples of this game go for around 1500-2000.

#10 12 years ago

Best SW pin and great toys. The game play is based on a couple of shots (the Death Star and ramp) so it is pretty shallow. The ramp gets hammered so welds break as mentioned above.
I love the game but don't want to own one.

#11 12 years ago

SW was my 1st pin! I love it and play it everyday!

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from DarthPinhead:

SW was my 1st pin! I love it and play it everyday!

May the force be with you

#13 12 years ago

It is a fun pin. I had one and wish I kept it.

#14 12 years ago

Your call. I've never played it.. SW sure has a HUGE following.

#15 12 years ago

I had one and I kind of miss it. It is a real "on the fence" type of pin. Great theme, good implementation of the theme, nice looking. Not so great rules and gameplay. I can understand arguments either way, for and against. If I had more room, I'd probably have kept mine.

#16 12 years ago

I noticed that he doesn't show side shots of the cabinet. if you can get it for 1500 or less, you won't be dissapointed.

#17 12 years ago

Cabinet artwork photos are a must!

#18 12 years ago

Wow - completely even split at this point (7 buy its and 7 passes). What have you decided Rascal_H?

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from pdxpinduck:

Wow - completely even split at this point (7 buy its and 7 passes). What have you decided Rascal_H?

I know, tough call. I might throw a bid in at the last minute if it doesn't go up much more. If I win and I don't like it I'll see what I can do to make some minor improvements and pass it on to the next guy.

#20 12 years ago

Check it out in person and play it
if you dont buy it at least he can put a face to your name - might help latter on on another pin?

#21 12 years ago

It would not fit in my top 12.

#22 12 years ago

The back Glass art is VERY , VERY well done.A sub-woofer is cool in this pinball.I over paid for mine 2,200 has some wear above flippers.Oh well .I agree with tatman9999 fun pinball.I would get it .

#23 12 years ago

Get it because it is the best Star Wars machine and since there have been 3 machines based off that same theme in a period of 7 years('92-'99). I really don't think that there will be another machine that will be released that has a SW theme to it.

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I really don't think that there will be another machine that will be released that has a SW theme to it.

Maybe Clone Wars? The animated series is doing well.

#25 12 years ago

I was interested in that pin but I just read your thread. I will not bid against you. Good luck if you decide to go for it.

#26 12 years ago

I drove to Carolina Beach to Pick up a SW , It was ok !!! The Pin Wasn't Enough to keep me consumed.. I did like the Upper Rt. spiral Habitral .. $ 1200.00 Pin .. While i was at the Beach i picked up a Goldeneye & and a Champaine Fire. I almost bought a Sorcerer .. But the guy lied about it's cond- He had it listed for $ 900.00 I got him to $ 500 . When i saw it i got Pissed.. He offered me the Pin, a Foosball Table and a Dart board for $ 300.00 .. 2nd Floor ( No Thank's )

But Everyone like's Different Pin's.. Buy it,, Sell it if you don't like it.. otherwise , You Will Never no !!!

Star_Wars_and_007.jpgStar_Wars_and_007.jpg Star_Wars_.jpgStar_Wars_.jpg

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I was interested in that pin but I just read your thread. I will not bid against you. Good luck if you decide to go for it.

By all means bid if you're interested. As much as I want to bid, it could get me in trouble with the old lady if I buy another pin so soon. Looking less likely now.

#29 12 years ago

$1325 winning bid. Did you get it?

#30 12 years ago

Had intention of buying it but the wife reminded me that if we buy another it gets to be her choice... That means either TAF or Rocky & Bullwinkle ('cause it's cute).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-go-for-it-or-not-worth-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.