5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by twzdon1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

i have a step1 for sale in collectors cond. must sell to make room for woz thanks ,Don

#2 5 years ago

For sale ads with no price listed usually get little attention. The thought is that if you can't post the price publicly then you are asking too much.

#3 5 years ago

i would like to get at least 3400.00

#4 5 years ago

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from twzdon1:

i would like to get at least 3400.00

Thats cool...

#6 5 years ago

I think there's a movie quote about Christy Turlington that would work well here.

#7 5 years ago

I don't get, it am i asking too much

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from twzdon1:

I think so. These seem to be going closer to $2000. Of course we don't know the condition of yours.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from twzdon1:

I try to bite my tongue on FS threads, but since you asked...I don't think it sells as quickly as you want it to even at $2500, but that's a much more realistic starting point.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from twzdon1:

Yes you are. Sorry for whatever you originally paid but they sit for sale @ 2k all day long... People hate on SWE1 (although I myself find the game more fun than most do).

Quoted from icust298:

I think there's a movie quote about Christy Turlington that would work well here

God Bless You for reminding me of that reference

Ladies & Gentlemen, Rounders

#11 5 years ago

interesting movie but this game, as i stated is in collectors cond I know its not the most popular game around but great for the kids. If Iput it on ebay where do I start the bidding 2000.00 THANKS ALL . Don

#12 5 years ago

This is a FS thread done the right way.

A guy posts a machine for sale. See no action. ASKS the community if he is off on the price. Community kindly responds back with their opinions.

Personally, I appreciate when people respond to these threads to tell someone respectfully that they are asking too much because others have just recently sold for $xxxx. It gets out of hand though when things are said in a derogatory way and people end up arguing and derailing the thread.

So thumbs up to the OP for asking and kudos to everyone for the respectful responses and advice.

Well done by all.

#13 5 years ago

FYI there's one for sale in Redding, CA for $2500 Asking Price. That seems to be the going rate for Asking Prices. Selling Prices are probably closer to $2000 like Fattrain says. If I were you I would give it a little more on Pinside at a more competitive price before going the Ebay route. Ebay fees will take a bite out of your proceeds. Pinside won't.

#14 5 years ago

Oh well ill just keep it i can make room when the woz arrives ive got 3300.00 in this game ill see what happens hope my wife dont kill me when the woz arrives thanks all .Don :

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from twzdon1:

Oh well ill just keep it i can make room when the woz arrives ive got 3300.00 in this game ill see what happens hope my wife dont kill me when the woz arrives thanks all .Don :

It sucks to take a big loss on a game when you sell it, but how much money you have sunk into a game really has very little to do with how much someone is willing to pay for it.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

but how much money you have sunk into a game really has very little to do with how much someone is willing to pay for it.

A lot like cars unfortunately.

#17 5 years ago

If only someone with some serious skills could turn this game into an Empire Strikes Back. Then we would have something desirable. Still a decent game for the kids, so I'm hanging on to my kit.

If yours is truly collectors condition, then put it up on eBay with some high res pics and see what happens. You never know, you might find a local buyer who is interested.

#18 5 years ago

see these selling for $3,600 last several years in Texas.

#19 5 years ago

thanks for all your input it is nice to have you guys around for advice

#20 5 years ago

I could give you the number of a guy who keeps emailing me about wanting one I had on CL in January.... Think he is from New Mexico so shipping would come into play.

#21 5 years ago

Here is an eBay listing you may want to keep an eye on:

ebay.com link » Star Wars Episode 1 Pinball Machine

My guess is that someone offers him $2k off-eBay and he pulls the listing. But what do I know, maybe someone snags it at the BIN price of $2250. How long either, or neither, of those scenarios takes to evolve would give you a good bit of information on where the market is SWEP1 right now.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from twzdon1:

Pop it on ebay with a reserve and see. A CQ may sell well on ebay, never know! Just load it with really nice pictures and lots of them too will help

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from twzdon1:

If Iput it on ebay where do I start the bidding 2000.00

I'll give ya $2k for it. AND come and pick it up!

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

And then you can sell me your T2!

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

And then you can sell me your T2!

Deal!

#26 5 years ago

im not letting it go for 2k i would take a beating on it . i'll bide my time thanks

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ted you could not pick it up...heaviest friggin machine ever!

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Ted you could not pick it up...heaviest friggin machine ever!

...er, I ment with your help, of course....

#29 5 years ago

I have someone in Ohio looking for this SWE1. Any thoughts of getting to the Ohio show as he is very close to the show too

#30 5 years ago

you might have better luck if you took a few more pictures to show that it is indeed CQ. if it were my machine, I would have photos from the following angles:
left (3/4 view), left (entire machine - straight on), left (close-up on head), left (close-up on cabinet)
right (3/4 view), right (entire machine - straight on), right (close-up on head), right (close-up on cabinet)
front ( straight on - entire machine), front (close -up of translite), front (close-up of coin door)

with the glass off: pictures of the playfield showing no wear, especially by the areas where the playfield typically gets tore up when on route

pictures of the inside of the computer box, and inside of the head

pictures of the inside of the cabinet (underside of the playfield, bottom of cabinet and bottom of cabinet under the plastic cover showing the power driver board)

and finally a couple of pictures of the menus on the reflective glass (including: the number of plays and the rom version)

btw, I believe that ebay now allows you to link upwards of 12-15 hi-res photos for free. when you're trying to someone to pay you upwards of $1,000-2,000 for an item, definitely take advantage of this (because if you were the buyer, you would expect the same

#31 5 years ago

I'm taking for granted CQ doesn't need pictures.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I'm taking for granted CQ doesn't need pictures.

agreed, but no knowing the person are you going to take their word for it that it's CQ? if so, I've got a CQ cftbl that I'll sell you ted (it's all in parts, but definitely CQ

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

I have someone in Ohio looking for this SWE1. Any thoughts of getting to the Ohio show as he is very close to the show too

I wish you would have contacted me sooner on this, I've had mine up for a couple of months now at $2500 rock bottom and its still here. I could have gotten it a ride to Ohio but its too late now. Its very nice. I've got someone that say's he wants it but we just havn't been able to get together yet...not sure how serious he really is but were supposed to hook up after the Ohio show weekend...or so he say's. I'll repost it if he keeps flaking out on me.
Thanks

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#34 5 years ago

I've had one for sale for a while now. Clean machine. Have had a few offers, mostly low ball offers though. Like the game, just want to change things up.

#35 5 years ago

had a guy call me today , local didn't seem to have a problem with 3300 supposed to call me tonight, will see you guys know how that goes

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

FYI there's one for sale in Redding, CA for $2500 Asking Price. That seems to be the going rate for Asking Prices. Selling Prices are probably closer to $2000 like Fattrain says. If I were you I would give it a little more on Pinside at a more competitive price before going the Ebay route. Ebay fees will take a bite out of your proceeds. Pinside won't.

Ive been eyeing this one as it local to me, dude is asking to much. Its weird to me at one point he had it down to 2300 and then raised it back up. When he final comes down to 1800 ill have cash waiting for him.

#37 5 years ago

i think your you mean someone else i never had it 2300 starting bid is 2999 on ebay

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from twzdon1:

i think your you mean someone else i never had it 2300 starting bid is 2999 on ebay

I think you'll have better luck with eBay.
Pinball collectors here, just generally don't like SWEP1.
But on eBay (or Craigslist), you might get your asking price from a Star Wars/sci-fi fanbase as well. (broader audience). GLWS

#39 5 years ago

i made a mistake i have it on ebay starting bid 2299.00 no bids so far

#40 5 years ago

Oh and thanks timerider

#41 5 years ago

At 2299 it seems like a good deal for somebody if it goes for that. Are these higher in height when folded down with the legs off than a normal williams pin? I want to get one of these some day, but not right now and want to know for future reference.

#42 5 years ago

CAN the back be folded down?
How's the monitor on yours?
I'll be following the auction....

#43 5 years ago

ted:
the head doesn't fold down on a p2k. you need to disassemble it to safely transport it. together the head and cabinet weigh in at over 320lbs (the head is approx. 140lbs and the cabinet weighs about 180lbs).

disassembly is pretty straightforward but requires two people:
- open the coin door to remove the lockdown bar and playfield glass and then put the playfield into service position to disconnect the 2 molex connectors leading from the head into the cabinet (one 2 and one 3-connector molex connector). the coin door has to be open to lift the playfield into service position, but I like to close it back after removing the lockdown bar as to not accidentally hit the glass on it. once the 2 molex connectors have been disconnected, carefully wind them up and store them in the head.

note: be sure to hold the coin door when opening it. it is spring loaded and will slam all the way open into the hasp clip on the left front of the cabinet if you let it

- remove the panel from the back of the head to disconnect the ground strap (left side when viewed from the back, held in place with a wing nut) and remove the 3 cables leading to the computer (one vga connector, one 25-pin parallel connector and one 9-pin serial connector). unsecure the cables from the cable management system and carefully lower them into the cabinet.

- using the 2 allen wrenches, loosen and remove the 4 bolts securing the head to the cabinet. after all 4 bolts have been removed carefully lift the head straight upwards at least 8-10" to clear the cabinet.

reverse for re-assembly

ps
the bolts holding the head to the cabinet are designed such that they cannot be accidentally over-tightened and damage the head

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

I wish you would have contacted me sooner on this, I've had mine up for a couple of months now at $2500 rock bottom and its still here. I could have gotten it a ride to Ohio but its too late now. Its very nice. I've got someone that say's he wants it but we just havn't been able to get together yet...not sure how serious he really is but were supposed to hook up after the Ohio show weekend...or so he say's. I'll repost it if he keeps flaking out on me.
Thanks
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

John, I'll pass this on and put you guys in contact after the show if you both can help each other.

Bill

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

ted:
the head doesn't fold down on a p2k.

Wow...thanks for the lesson.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from twzdon1:

i have it on ebay starting bid 2299.00 no bids so far

My advice - take down that eBay listing and read j_m_'s post above about pictures. As it stands, you have zero chance of anyone using that "buy it now" price and probably a less than 50/50 chance of any bid at all (but if you do, it'll be extremely likely it's a single bid for the $2299. After fees you might as well have Ted come pick it up for $2k and save yourself the hassle).

$2299 isn't even that great of a price on a SWE1, so if you want to get any more than that you will need to represent immaculate condition to any potential buyers.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Quoted from twzdon1:

im not letting it go for 2k i would take a beating on it . i'll bide my time thanks

ebay.com link » Williams Star Wars Episode 1 Pinball Machine

Can't say I understand why he won't sell it for $2k outside of eBay but will sell it at $2069 on eBay (after fee net of $1900 or so?), but there you go.

Post edited by moderator: price changed to $2600 after this post

#49 5 years ago

Shipping of $4.12 seems like a great deal. I actually think SWE1 is a decent pin in a large collection. Definitely eye candy for any little demons you may have. Like moths to a flame.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Can't say I understand why he won't sell it for $2k outside of eBay but will sell it at $2069 on eBay

What!? Oh darn! I wish he would have come back to me. I would have paid the $2100 AND picked it up!

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside