(Topic ID: 270115)

Star Wars episode 1 not booting is it time to install pin box/Nucore

By mattartist

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I have a Star Wars episode 1 and it’s just stopped booting after Running great For years. it’s on the original hardware. The screen is ok it has neck glow and the pc powers up but no screen playfield lights. I’m thinking it’s time to install pinbox/nucore but have no idea how to do it and wondering if anyone can help? I don’t even know where to get it from. Do I need to install nucore? is it another issue the last time it booted up it said no ‘boot data’

#2 3 years ago

It maybe that the cpu battery is dead. Have you checked it? If so the bois will need to be reset.

#3 3 years ago

Check the power supply, cpu fan and capacitors. I have had 20 plus dead Pin2ks over the years and 50% are power supplies, 35% capacitors a few other things like CPU processors, Mother Nature aka lightening. If the cpu fan goes out it can overheat the processor. These can be tough to find, I often look on eBay for old computers that ran the same 233mhz processor.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from mattartist:

it’s on the original hardware.

It's probably time to replace the computer's power supply. That's where I'd start.

The original power supply is an AT power supply, which aren't really available any more. You'll need to use a standard ATX power supply, which needs a minor modification, as indicated here:

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Pinball_2000_Repair#Installing_an_ATX_Power_Supply

#5 3 years ago

thanks all.... I'm noticing the yellow led on the prism board I solid and should be flashing what does this mean?

#6 3 years ago

Hi, I’ve just successfully installed pinbox on my Star Wars episode one pinball with a new monitor and works ok apart from audio distortion I’ve been told that maybe updating to nucore 2.25 is the solution? Can any one help me with instructions how to do this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 85.00
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 234.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Cento Creations

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-episode-1-not-booting-is-it-time-to-install-pin-box-nucore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.