Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Santis
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

This is my problem. I got a star wars episode 1. The saber sword does not work. I checked the voltage at the plug and have 12 plus volts. I took the tube to a sign co. and it checked out fine. I put a new transformer in and still nothing. Any ideas. Thanks Bill

#2 5 years ago

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Pinball_2000_Repair#Light_Saber_on_SW:E1_Will_not_Light
Quoted from the Pinwiki:
"Below are common causes for the light saber not lighting.

The 12v fuse (F108) which powers the light saber has failed.

The neon light transformer (04-10947) had failed on the light saber. These transformers are getting harder and harder to source, but substitutes can be found.

The light saber is drive solenoid 41. Solenoids in the 40s are not driven by power transistors, but driven directly by the ULN2803. Drive 41 passes through pin 2 to pin 19 of U34 (74HCT574), and then through pins 1 to pin 18 of U35 (ULN2803). It then is connected to J111, but also connected to J110. Place the game in solenoid test mode, and have it repeat solenoid 41. Test this circuit with a logic probe to see if the signal is present or where it drops off. Start from J111, and work backwards."

#3 5 years ago

Thanks I will check it and let you know my progress. It sounds like the ic chips are the problem like you say. Bill

1 year later
#4 3 years ago

Another confirmation of the Pinwiki fix...
My lightsaber was out... tested fine with direct 12v power supply... replaced only the U35 (ULN2803) IC and all good now.

8 months later
#5 3 years ago

Hi. For all of you that are looking for the Cirqus Voltaire or Star Wars episode 1 transformer still available at East Coast Custom Design Phoenix AZ is about $45 whit shipping. Good luck

#6 3 years ago

Ps is the original manufacturer for the transformer. For the neon tubes.

#7 3 years ago

Is $50 whit fedex shipping so you all know b

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.00
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 234.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Cento Creations

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-episode-1-1?hl=willie0912 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.