DSCN3757 (resized).JPG
DSCN3756 (resized).JPG
DSCN3753 (resized).JPG
DSCN3752 (resized).JPG
DSCN3751 (resized).JPG
DSCN3750 (resized).JPG
Death Star Issue (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Those that have a DE Star Wars... chime in!

I got a Star Wars and the death star does not turn.... so that is issue #1

#2 - I don't have a yellow door that goes up and down I don't think. See picture. All I see is wood and the metal track under the playfield. Instead of a door I have a wire linked to a switch that is triggered when the ball goes into the death star. The switch is located under that metal plate under the plastic on the left side. From pictures of other machines - it seems to be added in. Perhaps it is the work around for no door? If it is... it is not working right now and my machine doesn't go into multi ball.

I want a yellow door that goes up and down but right now I am not understanding what the setup here is.

Back to the death star rotating issue. Do they make replacement motors? Or is it most likely another issue. I see the connector has a transistor in it??? What is the order of troubleshooting I should go by for this issue?

If anyone can take picture of their game when they respond. That death star area is hard to see in most pictures online. Thanks for any help!

Death Star Issue (resized).jpgDeath Star Issue (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

Download the manual if you don't have it. There's a page showing all the parts for the drop down target. I'll see if I can get a few pics for you.

#3 4 years ago

Page 34 shows parts for the drop target. Next two pics are some of the parts. Pics 4 & 5 are are under the playfield. Pic 6 is the target under the death star. Last pic shows how the target goes on the lifting piece, along with the connector. I was able to buy a new target from PBR. I don't think Steve has all the parts you need - you were not clear on what you did and did not have. Check with the the usual vendors to see what they have.

Hope these help.

Bill C

DSCN3750 (resized).JPGDSCN3750 (resized).JPGDSCN3751 (resized).JPGDSCN3751 (resized).JPGDSCN3752 (resized).JPGDSCN3752 (resized).JPGDSCN3753 (resized).JPGDSCN3753 (resized).JPGDSCN3756 (resized).JPGDSCN3756 (resized).JPGDSCN3757 (resized).JPGDSCN3757 (resized).JPGDSCN3758 (resized).JPGDSCN3758 (resized).JPG
#4 4 years ago

Yeah, I think I am missing the entire unit and that wire/switch is a work round. That wood piece must have been added to bridge the gap to the track... and is not part of the original playfield. Well, shoot. I am sure no one makes that entire motorized unit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-death-star-spin-amp-door-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.