Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by D-Gottlieb
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I've seen all the videos and have even taken the glass off to make sure the thing actually works but we have never gotten it to explode in-game. I just can't hit the shots and it's gone from being challenging to frustrating and not fun. Does anyone know if there's a setting I can change to make it easier? I'd blame it on the fact that I have young kids (I do, actually) but sadly it's more the fact that I want to do it and can't. I think it should be part of regular gameplay and not impossible. Anyone know?

#2 4 years ago

Get the Pro

#3 4 years ago

They must have figured out the reactor weakness.

#4 4 years ago

So much snark. At least kvan99 had the decency to make it funny.

#5 4 years ago

Remember to hit the FORCE targets enough when you start multiball to earn a mb restart at the lockbar button (turns orange). Then maybe after the restart you last long enough to end up stacking tie fighter multiball. These will help extend the mb to give you time to hit the shots. Also, I believe there is a time extender shot at the center standups that will hold the Death Star shot longer, as it will eventually time out. You can even save a mb restart from another planet mode if you don't use it, so you could have 2 restarts.

#6 4 years ago

Han, Endor is easiest

#7 4 years ago

It's a tough, tough game. But don't give up on it. The rewards are huge.

The shot you need to make (multiple times) is one of the toughest in all of pinball, but when you make it, you'll get the best pinball adrenaline rush that's currently available (getting three balls into the hyperloop). It's the same shot for the Deathstar explosion. I have only achieved that thrice. It's a good feeling but nothing like getting that hyperloop pumping.

You asked if you can get easier settings. Sure. Narrow the side gates, especially the one on the left, play 5 ball games, put all the game settings on "Easy", and set the ball save to be on for 2 seconds after the mystery lock is engaged. I have only tempered with the ball save, to reduce my frustration with the mystery lock spitting my ball straight in-between the flippers, causing a drain straight after a good shot, and it's made a big difference to the enjoyment level.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Remember to hit the FORCE targets enough when you start multiball to earn a mb restart at the lockbar button (turns orange).

lmao, holy sheep shit. i've owned the premium for over a year now, and i had never known this.. great advice.

#9 4 years ago

I'm a little conflicted on the whole situation - I mean, blowing up the death star is a really big deal in the Star Wars universe, it was tough, risky, and was hard to pull off. It makes sense that the same would apply in the pinball machine - - a mode that's tough, risky, and hard to pull off.

At the same time, it's basically the only toy in the game and it'd be nice if that major toy actually did something more often. The mechanism was probably a large part of the BOM, would have been nice if they provided more of an end user experience for the price they paid. Maybe it was just a bad design decision - - could've put the money somewhere else into a mechanism that would have made sense to activate more often and just had a simple Death Star with LEDs simulating the explosion. Besides, it's not like the actuation on the toy as is, really makes you feel like it's exploding anyway... A Slave 1 that moved some how every time you made a boba fett combo shot, or light sabers that lit up when you made a key shot, or R2D2 in the game where his head spins and lights up when a specific shot is made, etc. all might have been cool toys that could be implemented often in the game and made you think, yeah, that was worth the cost in the build of the game...

Anyway, as others have mentioned, it's easiest to blow up via the Endor route and be sure to light your add-a-ball. If you really are having a hard time, you might want to think about being more strategic in your game play and try to bring another multiball into it at the right time - planning ahead and starting Battle Above Endor with only a handful of Tie Fighters left for TF MB gives you the chance to bring in TF MB at the right time, adding a ball save, and then you can bring in your add-a-ball when down to the wire and really give you a good crack at it.

#10 4 years ago

here is how to blow up the death star in endor

Escape from Endor: To destroy the Death Star you need to first light the inner left loop.

To light the inner left loop you have to complete 3 green shots before the timer runs out. Each shot will start a timer for the next shot.

Most important part is the 3 bank targets will add time; the center target will add the most time.

Focus. Make a shot then cradle. focus on the shot make it and cradle. Hit the 3 bank to give yourself time.

If the timer runs out, the Death Star will destroy a Capital ship and the mission will reset. You will need to complete 3 shots once more. Once the inner left loop is lit, shoot it to destroy the Death Star.

You can hit the left loop from either flipper. If you miss dont forget to hit the 3 bank targets.

1 year later
#11 2 years ago

I have PRO at home and after googling and reading and googling and reading, and taking the glass off and trying it out I realized: the reason I couldn't crack the death star is because it doesn't crack open with the PRO.

I am resurrecting this old thread because this information is literally not spelled out explicitly anywhere Google goes, and I want other players to be able to find this information.

If you get to the Victory Multiball, you have destroyed the death star.

PS - does anyone have a premium they'd like to sell me?

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from LaserOneNJ:

I have PRO at home and after googling and reading and googling and reading, and taking the glass off and trying it out I realized: the reason I couldn't crack the death star is because it doesn't crack open with the PRO.
I am resurrecting this old thread because this information is literally not spelled out explicitly anywhere Google goes, and I want other players to be able to find this information.
If you get to the Victory Multiball, you have destroyed the death star.
PS - does anyone have a premium they'd like to sell me?

Sorry but this makes me laugh (the games been out since 2017). The comparison sheet on the Stern site tells you everything you need to know about what comes with what edition.

No hard feelings.

Peace and Love!

#13 2 years ago

Sometimes it is assumed that you know the simple things and because of that, they never get talked about. I have been there many times.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 10.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
7,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Union, KY
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Armor and blades
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-death-star-exploding?hl=djsilentmic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.