Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by thokennedy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 13 years ago

I've got a line on a SW (DE). On the plus side, it has LEDs installed and playfield is in good shape. On the minus, it has (1) a potentially serious wiring issue -- sounds like the GI wiring has been hacked into some other wiring to get it to work and if you wire it properly only 1/2 the GIs work; (2) some broken plastics (Jabba's Bounty, Mil Falcon, Boba Fett and IG-88) that will be hard to find (IG-88 $12, Falcon $22, Jabba as part of set of plastics $50 and can't get Boba); (3) an R2 unit that works, but apparently was filled with some hot glue to get it to attach it at one point (not sure about this as I haven't seen it) and while it still works, likely has some cosmetic issues as well and seems to be very hard to replace; (4) playfield mylar that is bubbling up in at least one place; and (5) a cabinent that has some mismatched touch-up paint. I've talked the guy down to $1600, which still seems high to me for the work that is going to have to go into it. Any thoughts on what is reasonable and whether I'd be a fool to take on these issues for anything more than $1500?

#2 13 years ago

Well, I have a DE Star Wars I am parting out due to cabinet destroyed and other stuff. I have a complete populated playfield in good shape and the GI wiring harness and most circuit boards too. PM Me.

Still think $1500 is too high for that pin in that shape. Personally, I would pass. At least at that price.

#3 13 years ago

Thanks SC - I was willing to go $1300 and maybe $1400 on it purely for nastalgia -- I grew up standing in huge lines to see the three original movies and had the first four original figures through a cereal box top mail in offer (luke, leah, darth and chewie). Just not a pin that comes up much in Oregon/Washington. I left my offer open at $1300 and told the guy to call if he changes his mind.

#4 13 years ago

Tactic, Show him what the base value of a SW in good condition is, then tell him the cost of repair/replacing the damaged parts and that is why you are offering him what you are. Sentiment is hard on the wallet. Have you played the pin before?

#5 13 years ago

Went that route with him SealClubber -- he agreed that it would fetch $1800 in great shape on the high end. We just differ as to how much it should be dropped down for pieces that you may or may not be able to get and a wiring issue that he admits he and a friend were unable to resolve. I'll let him sit -- if he sells it, good for him ... if not then we may have a conversation again in a few weeks. Haven't played the pin -- was willing to pull the trigger purely for nastalgia and the fact that I'm sure my kids would love it.

#6 13 years ago

There is one on Ebay in California for $1525. Looks to be in better shape than that one.

#7 13 years ago

Thanks SC - I'm in Portland, Oregon, so trying to limit any drives to a few hours. May be finally heading down to Medford/Ashland to pick up the World Cup Soccer I almost bought a few weeks ago. That's a 4 1/2 hour drive each way, which is about as far as I'll go.

#8 13 years ago

SW is a fun game esp for kids. Even with a few rule tweaks experienced players will have a good time (factory settings is not good imo). I enjoyed mine for awhile - then sold to a local fellow collector. He is saying it is his favorite game in his line up, and he has alot of top 25.

If I had more space I would not have let it go - but unfortunately I really wanted something else and it had to go.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-de-worth-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.