Star Wars DE worth $2100?

By Beez

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Found a DE Star Wars for sale for $2100 - Good playfield and cabinet plus LED's added. What do you guys think? Yes, no, maybe?

#2 11 years ago

In Today's market, that seems like a fair price.

Marcus

#3 11 years ago

Just update it with this and you've got yourself a great game:
www.pinballcode.com

#4 11 years ago

Yes, yes it is.

#5 11 years ago

Yep, for sure. Get it.

#6 11 years ago

Yes, maybe another 900 with great new code.

#7 11 years ago

Yes

#8 11 years ago

A great bargain compared to what I paid.

#9 11 years ago

I'd be all over it at that price.

#10 11 years ago

Yes, you'll be able to easily get your money back out of it with current price trends and the new code available. That said, I personally am not a fan of the game despite the theme. Irrespective of the code, this is one of the games that feels "clunky", "kludgy" or whatever term you want to use that is often used to deride Data East games. I say that and I own Capcom, Sega, and Williams games so I have a feel for different makes/models. However, some folks really like the game. For the price, I would probably buy it, play it some, and then sell/trade it. It's too bad there was never a really great Star Wars pin, but it seems likely that Stern or JJP will have a shot at it in 2 to 3 years.

#11 11 years ago

Going rate. + or - a few bills depending on area of country and condition.

#12 11 years ago

Surprised by all the yes's...haven't played one with the new code but, as it was, not a fan. Great theme of course but the gameplay is pretty monotonous.

#13 11 years ago

It's not the greatest pin by a loooooong shot......but it is the best Star Wars pin, and that's all that matters when it comes to it appreciating in value.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Surprised by all the yes's...haven't played one with the new code but, as it was, not a fan. Great theme of course but the gameplay is pretty monotonous.

WAS pretty monotonous. The new code fixes that, to put it mildly.

#15 11 years ago

new software being worked on also for balanced scoring. In nice shape I think it is a 2K game with potential to grow if new code is good enough.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

Yes, maybe another 900 with great new code.

How much does the new code cost? $900?

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

new software being worked on also for balanced scoring. In nice shape I think it is a 2K game with potential to grow if new code is good enough.

The new code has been released. I posted the link above.

#18 11 years ago

I say pick it up. I got mine at a fantastic deal.....pretty easy game but a hit with my kids and party guests, can't beat the theme! You should post pics and let people help you based on them.

#19 11 years ago

Absolutely. I paid $1200 for mine in 1995 and the price of every other machine has doubled since then . . so $2100 seems fair to me.

#20 11 years ago

Sold mine for $2,100 almost a year ago. Was an easy sale.

#21 11 years ago

Its a pretty cool pin for me just because of the theme. I passed on one a year ago for 1500, actually the guy had two. I was stubborn because I wanted to do 2800 for the pair and the guy didn't want to budge, I shoulda just paid the 3k and been done with it but I had little room at the time and didn't think i wanted it. Well I thought wrong. Now I am keeping an eye out for one in nice shape for 2500.

#22 11 years ago

Sounds like maybe I need to just on this deal huh ....?!?

#23 11 years ago

Buy it NOW!!!

#24 11 years ago

I actually wouldn't pay over $2k for this. Something with the layout just feels like it is missing something for me & that its too bland. I'm not sure the game being Star Wars means its gonna jump in value.
If that is true, it wouldn't of been a $1500 game for so many years. & from the sounds of it the SW frachise might keep going downhill after they hack these new movies together.
If I go DE, I'd prefer a JP or TM. I can see why people would like SW though.

#25 11 years ago

Yes, it is a good deal and you will be able to get your money out of it later if you want to sell.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

If that is true, it wouldn't of been a $1500 game for so many years

The game has changed, literally. The recent code revision made a HUGE difference in this game. Prior to the new code, it was a 1 shot game (Ramp x 1000). Now, it's probably top tier DE.

-Wes

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

If that is true, it wouldn't of been a $1500 game for so many years. & from the sounds of it the

STTNG was a $3000 game for so many years, and now it is not. SW's is a $2000 game all day long, it commands price because it not only appeals to pinball players but nerds everywhere.

#28 11 years ago

I would pay $2100 if it was nice. Or you could search for another year until you find one close for $2000. Just pay the $100 bucks and enjoy the game now!!!

I think a nice one is worth $2100 no problem

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-de-worth-2100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.