Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Taxman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I'm having a few issues with a Star Wars Data East that was brought into work. Initially it didn't boot but I solved that issue by replacing a fuse that had blown. Now logic-controlled lighting doesn't work and some solenoids don't fire.

Specifically, if the flipper button is presses nothing happens, but if you manually move the flipper to the extended position, it will stay up. I looked at the Solid State Flipper board inside the cabinet and visual inspection suggested that the components looked okay. I also tested those fuses and they were all good. Engaging the flipper button also turns on the LED on the board, suggesting that it might be a connection issue further away and nothing wrong with the board.

In addition, the Laser Kick, Ball Launch, VUK and both power scoops fail to fire during solenoid tests. Because all of these components are controlled by 50V power, I'm guessing it has something to do with that.

I'm sort of at a loss of where to test next to try and narrow down my problem, so if anyone has any idea, I'll give them a try and report back.

#2 3 years ago

Remove and test all your fuses with a meter. Use your meter on DC voltage and test for power at the coils. It should always be present.

#3 3 years ago

I've tested all the fuses, so I know that they work. I'll test the coils when I get in to work tomorrow.

#4 3 years ago

One flipper I would say the coil went bad on the high power winding. Both flippers? Yes, you are losing the 50v.

I'm not going to check schematics right now. But follow the power form the board. And if not the fuse I have had many problems with relays on the DE games in the past. Some times giving it a tap with a screwdriver handle will free it up, but it needs to be replaced if it works.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside