4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by RandyW
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

559D362E-FCED-4F0C-9E77-5B01D2006AEA (resized).jpeg
    89EFD5A9-3C60-4D12-B057-60280EE2C549 (resized).jpeg
    #1 4 years ago

Hey gang,
    I have a Star Wars DE table that the DMD is not working. I have tested the DMD on a Jurassic Park, the DMD and DMD board works, the cables work. On the SW DE table, I tested the voltage to the DMD and it is 5.10 volts constant. So the DMD Works, the cable works and the DMD has power. But it does not come on at all on the Star Wars table.

Table seems to otherwise boot fine. Would this be an MPU issue?

#2 4 years ago

What is the voltage to the DMD when its plugged in? Under load, the voltage is most likely below 5v. Data East and Sega machines need a strong 5v to operate the DMDs.
    My guess is your 5v section of the power supply needs reworked. Possibly hi voltage section as well.

If it was an MPU issue, youd see the ROM version flash upon boot, then the DMD would go blank. Since you have nothing, its your power supply dying out.

#3 4 years ago

Would it be a solution to add colordmd? That would be from a different power source ? And be a good upgrade- just an idea. Otherwise you’ll need to find why it’s not working on the Star Wars.

#4 4 years ago

ColorDMD is not an option.

GLSP3022, I had thought that myself, that I should at least see the ROM version. But I never do. I will go back thru the power board and see what I find. Thank you.

#5 4 years ago

Ahh yes, I see the issue. Replaced with a Rottendog and now we see the MOu has damage as well. Found this out because the slings and pop bumpers are dead. So, going to pull that board and go thru it too.

559D362E-FCED-4F0C-9E77-5B01D2006AEA (resized).jpeg559D362E-FCED-4F0C-9E77-5B01D2006AEA (resized).jpeg89EFD5A9-3C60-4D12-B057-60280EE2C549 (resized).jpeg89EFD5A9-3C60-4D12-B057-60280EE2C549 (resized).jpeg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-data-east-dmd-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.