(Topic ID: 183724)

Star Wars Data East Death Star Motor Buzz

By alistaircg

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

My death star turns alright and the shield goes down fine, but it makes a loud whiring sound, when I touch the death star the whirling sound stops for a while until it begins again.

Does anyone know what this is ? Do I take it to pieces and just clean it up or is the motor on the way out ?

I can take a video of it in whiring action if would help

#3 7 years ago

This happens to me too but it seems to be some kind of software glitch -- like the motor to raise or lower the door keeps running when it shouldn't. Sometimes it will stop by itself, or if I end my ball it will stop. Running 1.04 software.

#4 7 years ago

I am running 1.07, i was running 1.03 and it did the same. The motor sounds like its dirty or on its way out.

Maybe there is something that needs to be replaced or cleaned ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-data-east-death-star-motor-buzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.