You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpeg
DSC01941.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hawk007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 8 years ago

JWJ will look after you no worries. Super helpful and a nice guy to boot. Very busy guy though but all the good guys are. lol.

And Chad deserves our support. He is a the code guru for anything data east. Every game he touches turns out soooo much better for sure! He has free reign to install any updates he likes on any of my games and I am happy to help in any way I can.

I know LW3 has been played with a little but I hope he does something with it. Its a great game that could/would be epic with his 'help'.
Keep up the amazing work Chad.

#87 8 years ago

Make sure to touch the side rail first to discharge any static charge you may have. No need to remove the board. You risk more damage that way. SUPER EASY to change chips. Just take your time and have lots of light. There is also a leg straightener you can buy for cheap that makes all the legs at 90 degrees and makes insertion a snap. I have done too many to count.
Relax and just do it. No need to over think this. And worst case if you screw up its only an eprom and they are cheap.

When removing ...TAKE YOUR TIME..use even pressure and lift each end a little at a time to jar it loose as they can be tight sometimes.. Almost like slowly rocking the chip out. Haven't damaged a chip yet in 20 years.
Good luck!

#93 8 years ago

No worries happy to help.

As mentioned above......It will be obvious after you do it the first time. It just snugly fits in there. Just line up the notch and the legs and press evenly and carefully until it starts to go in and then bottom it out in the socket and BAM way you go.
Easy peasy lemon squeesy...lol
PM me should you have any trouble.
You can always practice on an old board if you have one with any socketed chips on it but no need to over think it. Exercise caution and you will be fine.
Using lots of light is key for first timers. No such thing as too much light when working on things like this.

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Another tip...if the 2 rows of pins on the new chip are spread a little to far apart they won't go into the sockets. If that's the case take the new chip and put it on it's side on the pf glass, a row of pins and with a slight roll pressure bend the row of pins inward, be VERY careful, it doesn't take much. Repeat with the other side. Does someone have a vid of the procedure?

Yea I told him about the tool to do that. Its about 3 to 5 bucks and straightens chip legs perfectly to exactly 90 degrees. It does narrow on one side and wide on the other side up to 40 pin chips .
Its a 'must have' tool like the chip puller. Screwdrivers are not to be used as they can damage the minute traces

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hawk007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-data-east-20th-anniversary-edition?tu=Hawk007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.