• Latest reply 2 years ago by Carlo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

star wars DE board (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Hello everybody, my name is Carlo and I live in North Italy. I work as a journalist. I've been addicted by pinball since a couple of years - so I'm really a newby - by I'm skilled in micro-mechanics and I've been able to restore two pinballs as almost new. Now I'm facing a problem with the last one - Star Wars DE. Everything looks ok, but the motor of the moving bar target on the entrance of the Death Star is always in motion. It should move down only when the moon of Jarvin are complete, but it starts rotate as soon as I switch the pin on. I've checked all the contacts, the switches, the connector, the relais and everything it's ok, even the diagnostics does not report any error. On Q27, the transistor that is in charge to command the motor, there is always 28V AC. The pinball has a German Rom 1.03 (by the way, how can switch/upgrade to english?). Does anyone have a suggestion? Tnx to everybody!

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Carlo:

(by the way, how can switch/upgrade to english?).

You should be able to change it to english in the game menus.

Quoted from Carlo:

It should move down only when the moon of Jarvin are complete, but it starts rotate as soon as I switch the pin on

That's an indication that it's rotating and can't find home,This could be a bad/flaky opto or a bad/misadjusted switch

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
4 months later
#3 3 years ago

The Death Star have 2 switches,one for up and one for down,one is not registering,use diagnostic test and check it

1 year later
#4 2 years ago

Hello everybody, it's me again with my SW DE. Thank to the help of the community I managed to fix the defective Death Star motor, but now I'm experiencing a new problem that's driving me crazy. When I switch on the game, the starting sequence begins, but in a few seconds R17 on the PPD board burns with smoke. I've checked and replaced the TIP36 transistor Q3 (VUK controller), checked the coil, the switch and the related diode. Nothing helps. Every time the resistor R17 burns with a puff of smoke. Any suggestion?

star wars DE board (resized).jpgstar wars DE board (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Boards
PinSound
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-curious-and-nasty-problem- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.