Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by rai
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which Premium machine would you choose out of these two?”

• Star Wars Comic Art Prem 23 votes
      40%
    • Jurassic Park Prem 34 votes
      60%

(57 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

45711A54-CEC3-45FF-93FA-EB9D0AE49913 (resized).jpeg
    A200C257-7F5E-4A61-8DC5-08FF834AB848 (resized).jpeg
    #1 4 years ago

As a huge Star Wars fan/nerd/geek, I was left flat when I played the Star Wars Pro machine when it first came out in 2017.
    Fast forward 2.5 years and I had a long session on a Star Wars Premium machine and had an absolute blast! It was ultra quick and brutal at times, but I did want to keep pressing the start button.
    I have room for one more machine and am agonising on the decision - go for my dream theme (Star Wars Prem - in Comic Art guise) or go with a future classic like Keith's JP Prem?
    I know this is a personal question and quite subjective, but am keen to see what the poll throws up and if you have any words of wisdom.

PS: I know this is crazy, but I also enjoyed the SW Home Pin machine (and it is 50% cheaper than either of the two Prems).

#2 4 years ago

I was the same way. Played Star Wars pro and didn't think much of it. Once it got some code update it was better, but still not great. But the premium was a way different experience. Lots of fun. I don't think either of them are as good as Jurassic Park as far as gameplay goes though.

#3 4 years ago

Jurassic Park is an adventure.

Star Wars is a battle.

#4 4 years ago

Don't know anything about the geek part but for me SW is the better game for pros
    Don't know much about JP2 premium although I'd take a SW pro over prem. I'm sure the Raptor pit it much better in the prem.

#5 4 years ago

I think JP is the better game but if SW is your dream theme and you like playing it I think you should go with it.

#6 4 years ago

I was facing a similar decision and went with SW Comic premium. Its my dream theme as a SW nut and couldnt pass up the comic. Ive been told its a limited production so I figured I could always get the other game on my list later.

I like the JP is an adventure and SW is a battle comment. SW really is a battle. The game is tough!

#7 4 years ago

Sounds like you should own both at some point. Just pick which one to own first...likely the one with complete code.

#8 4 years ago

JP premium. Much more fun in my opinion.

#9 4 years ago

You like/love them both. Which one would you rather have as a piece of furniture?

#10 4 years ago

Both games have excellent code that is deep. For me it would come down to shots and Jurrasic Park has by far the more interesting and unique layout in my opinion.

#11 4 years ago

I think JP2 is in the conversation as the the best game ever.

#12 4 years ago

I have both in my lineup and if I had to choose which one to keep it would be JPprem. I still love my SWprem but JP has the edge on toys and shots, but I think SW has the edge on sound and video both are deep with code. I guess you have to ask yourself what is more important...more shots...or sound and video. The other factor would be price and right now you can get a SW for a bit cheaper on the secondary market. Good luck with your decision you can’t go wrong with either one.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

As a huge Star Wars fan/nerd/geek, I was left flat when I played the Star Wars Pro machine when it first came out in 2017.
    Fast forward 2.5 years and I had a long session on a Star Wars Premium machine and had an absolute blast! It was ultra quick and brutal at times, but I did want to keep pressing the start button.
    I have room for one more machine and am agonising on the decision - go for my dream theme (Star Wars Prem - in Comic Art guise) or go with a future classic like Keith's JP Prem?
    I know this is a personal question and quite subjective, but am keen to see what the poll throws up and if you have any words of wisdom.
    PS: I know this is crazy, but I also enjoyed the SW Home Pin machine (and it is 50% cheaper than either of the two Prems).

Both great games. I own a SW pro and love it. For me the premium upgrade wasn't worth it, but I know some people love the hyperloop. JP is one of the most unique and amazing games I have played in a long time. I will have one as soon as possible. Again, probably the pro, though I wouldn't turn down a premium by any means.

SW is a polarizing machine for sure, but if you gave it a lot of play and are enjoying it, then I would say this is a can't lose situation. In your shoes, I think I would grab SW now and JP later. It doesn't sound like there are going to be very many comic art ones made, and at this point I am guessing the people buying know the game and know they will be keeping it long term. I have a feeling it will be harder to come by in the future than JP will be. That's just a guess though. Good luck!

#14 4 years ago

Owning pinball machines based on titles will always be a personal preference.

Something to consider...
    SW has been in production for 2.5 years already and technically coming up on the last 6 months, unless Stern renews the license. JP has been in production for 6 months so there is another 2.5 years that it is potentially still on the line.

#15 4 years ago

SW now then sell ur TWD when u have had enough of it and grab a JP2.

1 year later
    #16 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

I think JP2 is in the conversation as the the best game ever.

Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Jurassic Park is an adventure.
    Star Wars is a battle.

45711A54-CEC3-45FF-93FA-EB9D0AE49913 (resized).jpeg45711A54-CEC3-45FF-93FA-EB9D0AE49913 (resized).jpeg
    A200C257-7F5E-4A61-8DC5-08FF834AB848 (resized).jpegA200C257-7F5E-4A61-8DC5-08FF834AB848 (resized).jpeg

#17 2 years ago

I’ve played every Stern except WWE and Mando.

JP premium and SW premium are up there with the best of them. (note both pro pins are also great, up there with the best but for me the extra features on the LE/premium make it worth the money).

I’m in the honeymoon on both but the code of both, toys, art, gameplay, theme are all A+ in my opinion. SW is the mother of all themes and Stern got great use of the assets. JP killer theme (not full assets but modified code sets that right). Toys T-Rex in king but Hyperloop is right up there in my book.

Especially tho the rules of both with multiple ways of playing and various mini Wizard modes and ‘moments’ to go for. Hyperloop multiball is off the hook.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-comic-art-prem-vs-jurassic-park-prem?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.