New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 200604)

Star Wars code V.089/V.092

By BentleyBear

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by fattdirk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Why isn't there any official statement from Stern about the problems with the new code and if you need to go back to the old code for now ?
    Haven't experienced any problems so far with my premium that has the V.092 code so i'm not sure if i need to go back toV.089 untill they have solved the problem

#2 3 years ago

I've not had any problem with my LE on the 0.92 code but I asked my distributor this same question yesterday. I was told that for the LE/prem not to use 0.91 or 0.92 as it is now thought these versions have a high risk of causing failure of the ramp control node board. He recommended going back to 0.89 (now the current version on the Stern site) or not playing until Stern gets the issue ironed out which is expected to be a few days.

Like you I wish Stern had sent out an office statement to owners, but I've always gotten good information asking my distributor when I have a question.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

I've not had any problem with my LE on the 0.92 code but I asked my distributor this same question yesterday. I was told that for the LE/prem not to use 0.91 or 0.92 as it is now thought these versions have a high risk of causing failure of the ramp control node board. He recommended going back to 0.89 (now the current version on the Stern site) or not playing until Stern gets the issue ironed out which is expected to be a few days.
    Like you I wish Stern had sent out an office statement to owners, but I've always gotten good information asking my distributor when I have a question.

Thanks for the info
    Hope Stern can sort this out pretty soon

#4 3 years ago

I would like to play on current 0.92 version. Haven't had any issue so far but I will disable the fork ramp within the menue and disconnect the motor from the Powercable / Nodeboard as well.

#5 3 years ago

On their facebook page a ways down it still celebrates release of .92 with a link to the .89 code. I too thought they would have said something about it. We may have to wait another 20 days for the next Stern of the Union release (if they do it again) when they mention not to run .92

Out of curiosity I clicked around the stern website to see if there was any technical bulletin. What I did find funny was the care and maintenance section of every game:

---
    CARE & MAINTENANCE
    No care and maintenance available for this game
    ---

One would think they might select better wording - haha.

Frustrating sure, but completely playable still on .89. I now get the irritation from the Kiss and Batman 66 owners that have waited so long for code updates.

#6 3 years ago

Somebody over there is a complete asshole. I don't know who to blame; there are lots of folks who work there I've known for 20+ years and like very much. I'm quite sure none of those people would handle Stern's code issues like "management" dictates they should. I just wish whoever was in charge of what is WRONG with Stern would get hit by a bus so the good people over there could do their jobs properly.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

Is Jody still in charge of marketing, sheesh.

#8 3 years ago

Well I for one had .91 on my machine, and have had it turned off for a over a week. I went back to .89 last night and intend to play it again and hopefully the node board problem was actually related to the .91/.92 code and not just a symptom of the boards wearing out (to much current draw?).

#9 3 years ago

Is this just an issue with the premium and LE?

#10 3 years ago

i'm still running .91, and will continue to do so on my premium. If my node board fails, it will be warranteed. It's not my, or my machines fault, if stern has screwed this up. If it is a problem all distrubitors should contact their clients, and i haven't heard anything from mine.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from fattdirk:

Is this just an issue with the premium and LE?

I believe so - seems to be Death Star ramp related. At least I haven’t heard of Pros having issues with 0.92 (and I don’t think they pulled the Pro version of that code from the site).

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I believe so - seems to be Death Star ramp related. At least I haven’t heard of Pros having issues with 0.92 (and I don’t think they pulled the Pro version of that code from the site).

Thanks - I saw that on the website but wasn't clear.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 39.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Concealed Art
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Apparel - Women
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 7,700.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Flipper Room
    $ 119.99
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Back Alley Creations
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 160.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 41.00
    $ 29.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bent Mods
    $ 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    $ 13.00
    Playfields
    Lermods
    $ 209.99
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 39.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Concealed Art
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 45.00
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 28.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside