1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by AUKraut
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 1 year ago

Hello Star Wars player, the code 0.93 is on the Stern website for Pro and Premium/LE

#2 1 year ago

LE/PREMIUM V0.93 - October 18, 2017
    =====================================
    Fixed:
    - In competition mode, Mystery now presents awards in a deterministic
    manner.
    - Mystery would sometimes award INCREASE SPINNER LEVEL when it was already at
    maximum.
    - Although the correct award was recorded, the rightmost TIE Fighter in the
    mini display would always display "100K".
    - Sometimes the TIE Fighters would not be displayed.
    - TIE Fighters now leave both displays when their corresponding timer
    expires.
    - TIE Fighter will no longer animate a previous explosion when the cockpit
    display returns.
    - The cockpit TIE Fighter explosions were sometimes running at double speed.
    - Mystery and Pops would sometimes award JEDI TRAINING when the game was
    already at JEDI MASTER level.
    - Tournaments will no longer display $0.00 for winners in attract mode.
    - The scoring for the 4th mission of each group will no longer carry over from
    game to game. It will reset to the default value each time you start the
    mission.

New:
    - A lamp effect was added to the TIE target arrows when a TIE is destroyed.
    - A new challenge was added to the TIE fighter mini-screen main-play 3-bank
    rules.
    - You can now light extra ball from destroying TIE fighters on the
    mini-screen.
    - At each new ball, a random target from the 3-bank, is selected.
    - After you destroy a some TIE fighters on that target, an
    Advanced TIE fighter will start showing up.
    - After you destroy enough Advanced TIE Fighters a pinball ball will
    show up."
    - Hit the target associated with the pinball on the display to light
    "Extra Ball".
    - There is only one opportunity to light an "Extra Ball" during each
    ball, and only one can be lit per game.
    - Light "EXTRA BALL" now runs a lamp effect.
    - Audits were added for major game features.
    - Moved to System 1.77:
    - Replaced hardware version number with OS version number on diagnostic
    screen.
    - Added a message LOCATING NODE BOARDS. This will display if a required
    node board is not discovered, previously it would incorrectly state
    UPDATING NODE BOARD and UPDATE FAILED. The node board number(s) of
    missing boards will be displayed and updated as boards are found.

Tweaked:
    - Adjusted the timing of the fork ramp to improve its functionality.
    - Added some names to the scrolling credits easter egg ( 1 2 3 ).

#3 1 year ago

Just downloaded, but where is the fork ramp fix note?

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from mummite:

Tweaked:
    - Adjusted the timing of the fork ramp to improve its functionality.

There we go. Updating tonight.

#5 1 year ago

BM66 owners gotta be happy.....

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Stones:

No shit!! This is getting ridiculous.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Why? BM66 has nothing to do with star wars. Nor is the same set of developers working on both games. It sure would be nice to be able to release code for one game without having the thread hijacked by whiners about some other completely different game.

#8 1 year ago

Because we've waited a year and the half baked code on BM66 is no where near the code level of SW. Carry on Jedis!

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from thundergod76:

No shit!! This is getting ridiculous.

Oh man, a batman and a kiss in your collection. That's cruel humor.... the two slowest games with code updates. I do feel for you.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from thundergod76:

Because we've waited a year and the half baked code on BM66 is no where near the code level of SW. Carry on Jedis!

So what’s that have to do with Star Wars? Perhaps look for a thread with Batman in the title. Pinside has a search...

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Why? BM66 has nothing to do with star wars. Nor is the same set of developers working on both games. It sure would be nice to be able to release code for one game without having the thread hijacked by whiners about some other completely different game.

No one is whining. Last I checked, both games came from Stern, regardless of developers. I think it's awesome SW owners get an update today! I think it's shitty BM66 owners have to sit on the sidelines (again)...waiting and waiting for an update.

#12 1 year ago

How do you access the scrolling credits Easter egg?

#13 1 year ago

Double press both flippers.

Then press LEFT flipper once. Then RIGHT flipper once.
    LEFT twice, RIGHT once.
    LEFT three times, RIGHT once.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Last I checked, both games came from Stern

I guess if this thread was titled "code from games from stern" that would matter.

#15 1 year ago

Any fried fork ramp with 0.93?

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from the_one:

Just downloaded, but where is the fork ramp fix note?

Adjusted the timing of the fork ramp to improve its functionality...

#17 1 year ago

May the Turd Be With You All

#18 1 year ago

Stern needs to fix the readme

Update instructions:
    1 - Download the zip file
    2 - Unzip the file, this will create a folder that contains two files - ///// The new 0.93 Contains 3 files /////
    3 - Open folder, copy only the two files to the root level of a USB stick. Do
    not copy the folder.
    4 - Power game off
    5 - Insert USB stick
    6 - Turn on game
    7 - After game boots up it will give the option for software update
    8 - Volume buttons change options for full or quick update. Enter selects the
    option and starts the update.
    9 - Once update is completed game will prompt user to power game off and
    remove USB stick.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from master_of_chaos:

Adjusted the timing of the fork ramp to improve its functionality...

If ‚improve its functionality‘ means not fry the node board, than fine

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Damn dude if THIS is the tipping point they're a very calm bunch

#21 1 year ago

Is it me, or has Midnight Madness been taken out of the game in 0.93?
    It's gone in the software menu.

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bramvk:

Is it me, or has Midnight Madness been taken out of the game in 0.93?
    It's gone in the sw menu.

I would rather see Hyperspace multiball improved first before Midnight Madness is put in the game. I hate to admit it, but I never set the clocks on my games.

Rob

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from Apollyon:

Double press both flippers.
    Then press LEFT flipper once. Then RIGHT flipper once.
    LEFT twice, RIGHT once.
    LEFT three times, RIGHT once.

Cool!

Rob

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rob_G:

I would rather see Hyperspace multiball improved first before Midnight Madness is put in the game. I hate to admit it, but I never set the clocks on my games.
    Rob

I understand where you'e coming from. Let them fix it asap.
    But Midnight Madness was already in the game since v0.91 and v0.92. So why take out a working feature?

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

What issues are you experiencing with the hyperspace multiball? ...just wonder if im missing something from an earlier post. Thanks. Btw, I thought your comment of "collecting asteroids" was really funny...i too have gotten very good at that during the video mode...practice makes perfect!

What is the Midnight Madness exactly?

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bramvk:

I understand where you'e coming from. Let them fix it asap.
    But Midnight Madness was already in the game since v0.91 and v0.92. So why take out a working feature?

Was it? The setting was there, but I don't think you could enable it.

Rob

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from ChipScott:

What issues are you experiencing with the hyperspace multiball? ...just wonder if im missing something from an earlier post. Thanks. Btw, I thought your comment of "collecting asteroids" was really funny...i too have gotten very good at that during the video mode...practice makes perfect!

I think I need to play HSMB some more to get a better feel for it. Even though it's only 2 hurry up collects. I don't get it as often as I would like during my games.

The video mode has grown on me a lot. The more I play it, the more I like it. It's never an easy gimme like some others can be. The points can also be fairly good too with a multiplier.

Rob

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from ChipScott:

I thought your comment of "collecting asteroids" was really funny

"collecting asteroids" ?

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rob_G:

Was it? The setting was there, but I don't think you could enable it.
    Rob

Yes it was and default on YES in v0.91 and v0.92.
    Checkout :

Midnight Madness at 50:35

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

"collecting asteroids" ?

On the club thread, a joke made about hitting those suckers when trying your best to dodge

Been playing .93 all morning. No issues. Loving it. This is such a fun game.

#31 1 year ago

I posted this in the club thread, but I'll post it here too in case anyone else is experiencing this...

I have a Premium, and I'm having issues with the ball getting stuck above the fork on every single game now. This would happen in about 1 in 10 games on .92, but is happening constantly now. The fork does not drop all the way down below the playfield. It sticks up JUST enough to form a lip that traps the ball on softer hits to the horseshoe.

I shut the game off and lowered the starting position manually by lifting the fork and then adjusting the arm of the motor a little lower. Then, when I power the game back up and light the hyperspace hurry up, once the fork drops down, it goes right back to sticking up a couple millimeters above the playfield.

Adding to the nuisance is that it works perfectly in test mode. The lowest point puts the fork right where it should be... but then it doesn't do it when the game is actually running.

Any advice? I love the features of .93, so I'd hate to have to roll back to .89, but the game is pretty much unplayable as it sits.

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bramvk:

Checkout : » YouTube video Midnight Madness at 50:35

I wonder if it wasn't supposed to be in there yet. There was nothing in the release notes stating it was added. Remmeber when Crazylevi played the video mode on the pre release code but it was added for quite some time after the release. My guess it's in the .91 and .92 code because they are working on it behind the scenes but it is t ready to be fully added so they fixed that and removed it out of .93 until it's done.

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I posted this in the club thread, but I'll post it here too in case anyone else is experiencing this...
    I have a Premium, and I'm having issues with the ball getting stuck above the fork on every single game now. This would happen in about 1 in 10 games on .92, but is happening constantly now. The fork does not drop all the way down below the playfield. It sticks up JUST enough to form a lip that traps the ball on softer hits to the horseshoe.
    I shut the game off and lowered the starting position manually by lifting the fork and then adjusting the arm of the motor a little lower. Then, when I power the game back up and light the hyperspace hurry up, once the fork drops down, it goes right back to sticking up a couple millimeters above the playfield.
    Adding to the nuisance is that it works perfectly in test mode. The lowest point puts the fork right where it should be... but then it doesn't do it when the game is actually running.
    Any advice? I love the features of .93, so I'd hate to have to roll back to .89, but the game is pretty much unplayable as it sits.

Weird, I haven't had any problem with .93. I'd reinstall .93 to make sure it was a clean install.

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from dnapac:

Weird, I haven't had any problem with .93. I'd reinstall .93 to make sure it was a clean install.

Good suggestion. Re-installing right now. I'm going to do the full install with verification. I'll report back a little later.

#35 1 year ago

I swear Stern is the worst at communication. Won't actually tell owners that 0.91 and 0.92 is frying a node board and then camouflages the fix as " Adjusted the timing of the fork ramp to improve its functionality."

#36 1 year ago

What exactly would you like them to say for an issue that did not affect everyone?

They don’t need to over communicate. They need to fix bugs quickly. And they did. And they pulled the old code down to protect other users. And if you had an issue, they replaced your hardware free and quickly.

That’s the best you can do other than never having had the bug in the first place.

#37 1 year ago

I'd like to know what exactly it fried. Since I have to replace something on mine because the faulty code screwed it up. Guess I'll replace the board and ramp..

This is why communication would be good. Own up to mistakes made.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from dnapac:

Thanks for this suggestion. I did that, along with tightening up the spring under the fork. I played 5-6 games on it afterwards, and the ramp only poked up above the playfield once (and it wasn't enough for the ball to get stuck), so hopefully that did the trick.

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from cbdarden:

I'd like to know what exactly it fried. Since I have to replace something on mine because the faulty code screwed it up. Guess I'll replace the board and ramp..
    This is why communication would be good. Own up to mistakes made.

Go to the thread Star Wars LE Problems and Solutions...page 5. I have pics of the 9D board...that's what was frying out. No need to replace the fork ramp or its motor.

#40 1 year ago
    Quoted from dnapac:

Go to the thread Star Wars LE Problems and Solutions...page 5. I have pics of the 9D board...that's what was frying out. No need to replace the fork ramp or its motor.

Thank you!

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bramvk:

Checkout : » YouTube video Midnight Madness at 50:35

It looks pretty darn cool!

Rob

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from ChipScott:

On the club thread, a joke made about hitting those suckers when trying your best to dodge
    Been playing .93 all morning. No issues. Loving it. This is such a fun game.

Actually I wanted to see how BAD I could do so I was purposely hitting as many asteroids as I could...

Rob

#43 1 year ago

Installed v0.93 in my LE yesterday, replaced node board 9d and also fork ramp motor. Have about 20 plays, no problems as of yet!

#44 1 year ago

Is .91/.92 code safe to use on the pro?

#45 1 year ago

Noticed two things on code v0.93:
    Hoth ball 'capture' timing/Hoth bounce backs is worse again in comparison to v0.92.
    Scoring seems more out of balance....I just hit the 5.7 billion (v0.93) and it Wasn't my best game at all.. Until this game my high score was 3.6 billion. (v0.91)

#46 1 year ago

Skill Shot - v0.93
    After installing v0.93, on the 3-bank skill shot, all three targets have the same value? In v0.89, the three targets had different values. Anyone else experiencing the same in v0.93?

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from RexPins:

Skill Shot - v0.93
    After installing v0.93, on the 3-bank skill shot, all three targets have the same value? In v0.89, the three targets had different values. Anyone else experiencing the same in v0.93?

Yup. They changed it. Not sure why. I liked the 3 different values...felt more like a skill shot.

#48 1 year ago

Anyone comment on Light Saber Duel in v0.93 (for Pro) compared to v0.92 and how repetitive it is? I'm on v0.92 and about to pull what little hair I have left out. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Light Saber Duel, but yesterday I got it 4 times in one game. There needs to be a "pass" option on it after you either complete it or get it the first time, it's relighting way too frequently with all of the multiballs in this game. What's worse is when the mode starts it forgets all of the white lighted inserts that were already lit and are essential for trying to get to Escape from Boba Fett. Seems like all of a sudden getting to the Emperor is much, much harder now if you botch Escape from Boba Fett the first time (and man, that mode is seriously such a rush, one of my favorites in all of pinball - the stress, adrenaline, music, lighting, shots, they're awesome).

#49 1 year ago

I cant comment on how frequently, but yesterday i got lightsaber dual from matching the pop bumpers which i thought was interesting.

#50 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I cant comment on how frequently, but yesterday i got lightsaber dual from matching the pop bumpers which i thought was interesting.

I had noticed this the other day when I had a party, and this kid who had never played it before had just started the game, I turned away for a second and suddenly they have Light Saber dual ready. I was like WTF? and thought is this a bug? But if its awarded from the Pops, that makes more sense. I kinda like the potential to finish that mode early and get it out of the way, since I find it fairly easy to complete it, versus getting it lit in the first place. However, I would like if it was not possible to start it again once you've beaten it. Maybe wait until all goals have been completed to make it available again, or maybe you should have to drop the force targets 10 times now to re-light it the 2nd time, 15 for 3rd, and so on. Sort of like how qualifying crank it up works on Metallica

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.95
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pin Bright
    $ 20.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 11.95
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Whitewater pinball mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.95
    $ 150.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    $ 149.00
    $ 29.95
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 249.00
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 25.99
    Playfield - Other
    Lee's Parts
    $ 225.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 17.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 430.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside