(Topic ID: 206531)

Star Wars cockpit

By Sean

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Hi guys, I’m hoping to get some technical advice on my first non pinball machine.

I was very fortunate to pick up an all original (with amplifone) and all #s matching, Star Wars cockpit.

I’m still in disbelief, but a family member obtained this back in 88 when he was told it most likely had an HV board issue and its sat in his storage ever since. It hasn’t been touched in 29 years, just stowed away behind boxes.

I picked it up and am quite in awe still... Anyway, I’ll keep this first post short as I’m typing away on my phone, but I replaced the power cord due to the original ground on the plug was a welded wire with an 0 ring terminal. I powered it on for a moment, received the series of beeps, which I wasn’t able to count due to the smoke I could immediately see emanating from the HV board.

It’s not completely clean and a bit dusty for sure, but I doubt that’s the cause. Any veterans have a reference for testing the boards? He has all the manuals in another box somewhere along with the empire conversion and he’ll let me know when he located them.

Thanks again for the help and looking forward to sharing more on this beast in the future.

#2 6 years ago

Congrats and score !!!! Go on Klov.com and take tons of pics it's a knowledgeable arcade forum .

#3 6 years ago

Thanks I’m a lurker on klov and I’ll post it on there shortly as well. Any members want to refer me?

#4 6 years ago

I will , names the same . Let me know what I need to do

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sean:

Thanks I’m a lurker on klov and I’ll post it on there shortly as well. Any members want to refer me?

I'd like to follow your thread on KLOV, please post the link once you've started your thread there.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phatchit:

I will , names the same . Let me know what I need to do

Thanks. My names Seanboy on there.

Here is the link to reccomend me:

http://www.arcade-museum.com/members...grade-user.php

#7 6 years ago

Pics?

#8 6 years ago

Awesome!

3 weeks later
    #10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sean:

Thanks. My names Seanboy on there.
    Here is the link to reccomend me:
    http://www.arcade-museum.com/members...grade-user.php

Thanks, just starting reading your restoration thread on there now.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-cockpit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.