Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG1289[1] (resized).jpg
IMAG0012 (resized).jpg
IMG_2731 (resized).JPG
t222222222 (resized).jpg
Star Wars Bugs (resized).png

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

In no way complaining about the bugs, but have seen a couple in .89 on the Pro. It seems that the multiplier lock is different for different characters. One will turn on the lock when pushing the button to launch, one will not turn it on, and another will activate the lock when pulling the plunger instead of launching with the button.
Also needs to be some tweaking on the Hoth shot. A faster up post to lock the ball in when it bounces off of the dual posts so it doesn't roll back down might help. Also if it does bounce back and around, and you hit it back up there it doesn't recognize it and will time out and just release the ball without letting you choose a mission.

Can confirm, I noticed both of these last night.

#52 6 years ago

My screen went all black, power cycle fixed it.

#53 6 years ago

Can anyone tell me what exactly is supposed to happen with the death star? I just got my premium set up and I have noticed 2 things that are strange to me.

1 - The light inside the death star is on most of the time during normal play. This could be normal, but I can't find any information about it.

2 - When you do blow up the deathstar (and god is it hard) the light inside doesn't come on at all.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

#54 6 years ago

Loving my L.E, everything is great, except when I have the Hoth modes lit & ready
The forks rise up, I then shoot the Hoth loop only to have the ball hit the back of the forks which in turn lower down, causing the ball to roll back down the playfield without the Hoth scene starting as it should
Though his doesn't happen all the time, it occurs enough to be frustrating
Anyone else having this issue?

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Loving my L.E, everything is great, except when I have the Hoth modes lit & ready
The forks rise up, I then shoot the Hoth loop only to have the ball hit the back of the forks which in turn lower down, causing the ball to roll back down the playfield without the Hoth scene starting as it should
Though his doesn't happen all the time, it occurs enough to be frustrating
Anyone else having this issue?

Yes. I've seen that many times. Sometimes the lowering fork kicks the ball back to the right exit, which then drains down the middle. That sucks donkey balls.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from reflex33:

Can anyone tell me what exactly is supposed to happen with the death star? I just got my premium set up and I have noticed 2 things that are strange to me.
1 - The light inside the death star is on most of the time during normal play. This could be normal, but I can't find any information about it.
2 - When you do blow up the deathstar (and god is it hard) the light inside doesn't come on at all.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

I haven't played well enough to see your #2, but as to #1 I've also wondered why the DS insides are lit all the time. Maybe a coding error? Or perhaps they feel the ramp area is too dark without the additional light? I'm hoping they'll turn it off in a future code update.

#57 6 years ago

Got the dead screen again. Seems to happen if I just leave it on for a few days. Anyone else experience it?

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from sprite:

Got the dead screen again. Seems to happen if I just leave it on for a few days. Anyone else experience it?

Never had this, but I always shut mine off (usually on only a few hours at most). Did you check all the connections? Maybe a board is heating up when on that long and malfunctions. I'd contact Stern or your distro.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Never had this, but I always shut mine off (usually on only a few hours at most). Did you check all the connections? Maybe a board is heating up when on that long and malfunctions. I'd contact Stern or your distro.

I think it's a software issue because power cycling it resets the display. If it was a bad connection it would stay broken.

#60 6 years ago

Not sure if its a bug or not but new code,
the 3bank skill shot all show the same multiplier as they cycle.

Not sure if its intended or not.

does anybody know if this is a bug or not ?

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from JimBoSS:

Not sure if its a bug or not but new code,
the 3bank skill shot all show the same multiplier as they cycle.
Not sure if its intended or not.
does anybody know if this is a bug or not ?

It's as intended. The behavior was changed from previous versions. I like the way it is now, but I think if the number kept changing that would certainly add an element of surprise to it.
Rob

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's as intended. The behavior was changed from previous versions. I like the way it is now, but I think if the number kept changing that would certainly add an element of surprise to it.
Rob

Thanks Rob

#63 6 years ago

More a physical bug: With a levelled machine, (pro), does anyone else have problem with shot through the left horseshoe sending it SDTM?

Seems like something that should have been fixed before shipping. Possible solutions? Bending the lane guide a little maybe?

It seems to me it should hit the tip of the left flipper bat when coming out of the right horseshoe exit?

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

More a physical bug: With a levelled machine, (pro), does anyone else have problem with shot through the left horseshoe sending it SDTM?
Seems like something that should have been fixed before shipping. Possible solutions? Bending the lane guide a little maybe?
It seems to me it should hit the tip of the left flipper bat when coming out of the right horseshoe exit?

Not sure which flipper it feeds but we never get SDTM from the horseshoe. I just posted a few videos of gameplay on new code to my YT channel. Check it out to be sure.

#65 6 years ago

Just got my ball stuck in the death star. Had to wait for ball search.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just got my ball stuck in the death star. Had to wait for ball search.

Are you counting that as destroying the Death Star?

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Are you counting that as destroying the Death Star?

I thought that was, no? Because it sure as hell destroyed my flow.

#68 6 years ago

Would someone more familiar with Star Wars Pro please give a quick synopsis of current bugs in the code after this latest code release? Especially any bug that could affect competitive tournament play.

Thanks.

Marcus

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Would someone more familiar with Star Wars Pro please give a quick synopsis of current bugs in the code after this latest code release? Especially any bug that could affect competitive tournament play.
Thanks.
Marcus

No bugs that I saw after playing for a few hours yesterday that would affect a tournament negatively. Did hear some incorrect callouts (saying player three's ball after player was being told via animations that they are shooting again from an extra ball) We saw everything but Jedi MB.

Biggest thing was the unbalanced scoring in Hoth MB. Seemed like if we blew that up it was worth billions. The other planets didn't even sniff that kind of scoring. This doesn't matter for tournaments as it's consistent. Everyone can do it. I'd use it in a tournament.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No bugs that I saw after playing for a few hours yesterday that would affect a tournament negatively. Did hear some incorrect callouts (saying player three's ball after player was being told via animations that they are shooting again from an extra ball) We saw everything but Jedi MB.
Biggest thing was the unbalanced scoring in Hoth MB. Seemed like if we blew that up it was worth billions. The other planets didn't even sniff that kind of scoring. This doesn't matter for tournaments as it's consistent. Everyone can do it. I'd use it in a tournament.

Thank you!

Marcus

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I thought that was, no? Because it sure as hell destroyed my flow.

Well, I'm proud of you anyway!

#72 6 years ago

can stern please turn off the deathstar light inside? why does it need to be on, if the death star is closed? so strange.

thanks!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#73 6 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Thanks.
Marcus

I noticed this on Fun With Bonus feed:

Video credit to Erno Rotter

#74 6 years ago

And for those with the premium/LE why not have the death star blowup during he post game match?

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

And for those with the premium/LE why not have the death star blowup during he post game match?

Because it's the planet Alderaan that blows up, not the death star.

Rob

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

can stern please turn off the deathstar light inside? why does it need to be on, if the death star is closed? so strange.
thanks!

Because the ball has to see where it's going.

Rob

#77 6 years ago

thanks!

Not only that, but when the death star flasher goes off (ask me how I know!), there is a cool down period before the machine will allow it to go off again.

Whaaaaat???

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

I noticed this on Fun With Bonus feed: » YouTube video
Video credit to Erno Rotter

Thanks Colin.

I will try and replicate those tonight.

Marcus

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not sure which flipper it feeds but we never get SDTM from the horseshoe. I just posted a few videos of gameplay on new code to my YT channel. Check it out to be sure.

I get this almost 100% of the time on my LE.
Very fkn annoying

#80 6 years ago

Not really a bug, but rather a hardware issue. On a couple of occasions the tie fighter has gotten stuck behind the small LCD display. The first time it happened, I shut down the machine and opened the glass far enough to free it up. It happened again today and this time I continued to play thinking the vibration/ball strikes would free it up, but after about a minute of play that didn't happen. My concern is that over time it could rub into the plastic of the tie fighter or the black finish of the LCD housing. Does anyone know if there is an adjustment for this?

IMAG1289[1] (resized).jpgIMAG1289[1] (resized).jpg

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Also needs to be some tweaking on the Hoth shot. A faster up post to lock the ball in when it bounces off of the dual posts so it doesn't roll back down might help.

I think it's more like sometimes the post doesn't come up (at all) when it should, usually on the shot that lights Hoth missions. It's rarer now, but still seems to happen.

Rob

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from Nickbtx:

Not really a bug, but rather a hardware issue. On a couple of occasions the tie fighter has gotten stuck behind the small LCD display. The first time it happened, I shut down the machine and opened the glass far enough to free it up. It happened again today and this time I continued to play thinking the vibration/ball strikes would free it up, but after about a minute of play that didn't happen. My concern is that over time it could rub into the plastic of the tie fighter or the black finish of the LCD housing. Does anyone know if there is an adjustment for this?

There's a screw under the black metal plate the TIE Fighter is mounted on that should allow you to adjust the angle of the plate (and hence the TIE Fighter) once you loosen it. I tweaked mine a few degrees away from the LED screen just for cosmetic reasons.

#83 6 years ago

NEW BUG .. Playing Princess / Started Hyperspace multiball while at 28 tie's on ball 3 / kicking butt during HS multi then drained after multiball ended/ ball drained after a few more regular shots . At end I had 37 ties but never started Tie MB . if you achieve 35 in the Hyperspace Multi ball it may skip awarding it maybe . I will take glass off and try to re create later ..

#84 6 years ago

I tried to replicate the bugs in the Fun with Bonus video without success.

Has anyone replicated the bugs? I tried on two different SW Pro with v.92 without being able to replicate them using Han.

Does it require a different character?

Marcus

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I tried to replicate the bugs in the Fun with Bonus video without success.
Has anyone replicated the bugs? I tried on two different SW Pro with v.92 without being able to replicate them using Han.
Does it require a different character?
Marcus

At my opinion in the video he play with Leia.

Heiko

#86 6 years ago

i played the video mode back to back yesterday...hit the lit video mode shot, then after video mode I hit hoth again which started hoth 1 video mode i guess? i thought that was interesting, was the code intended to have 2 video modes for the same player in 1 game?

#87 6 years ago

You can actually do it twice as the ball is still locked. Just hit video mode when Hoth is lit. Once you finish the video, it leaves you at the mission select screen with the first one being Hoth I video mode.

#88 6 years ago

i played the video mode back to back yesterday...hit the lit video mode shot, then after video mode I hit hoth again which started hoth 1 video mode i guess? i thought that was interesting, was the code intended to have 2 video modes for the same player in 1 game?

Yes. Two different levels.

2 months later
#89 6 years ago

I got one. Here's some bullshit!

At Magfest, I backhanded the endor ramp to start my modes. The ball was moving so fast I guess it just sailed through/over the diverter. Of course my flippers were dead because I was supposed to be picking a mode, so the ball just drained off the left inlane and went into bonus countdown while I screamed at the game to go F itself.

How the F can a player drain when picking a mode? I demand a ball save in the code for that kind of incident!!! Should have let me pick my mode and then spit another ball out.

I demand satisfaction!

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

At Magfest, I backhanded the endor ramp to start my modes. The ball was moving so fast I guess it just sailed through/over the diverter. Of course my flippers were dead because I was supposed to be picking a mode, so the ball just drained off the left inlane and went into bonus countdown while I screamed at the game to go F itself.
How the F can a player drain when picking a mode? I demand a ball save in the code for that kind of incident!!! Should have let me pick my mode and then spit another ball out.
I demand satisfaction!

Yes - The post to stop the ball doesn't come up in time. Its been submitted to Stern for sure. Doesn't happen often at all, but it does happen.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I demand satisfaction!

Quit lolly gaggin’ and pick your mode!

3 months later
#92 5 years ago

I’ve updated to newest code (1.01) and performed a full update, but I’m still consistently dropping to 1x multiplier when starting Video Mode regardless of what my current multiplier is. Only 1 in 10 Video Modes maintains the multiplier when initiated. Anyone else having this issue on their premium? When I play on a Star Wars Pro at the local pinball barcade, I always carry my multiplier into Video Mode.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from dontpanicflip:

I’ve updated to newest code (1.01) and performed a full update, but I’m still consistently dropping to 1x multiplier when starting Video Mode regardless of what my current multiplier is. Only 1 in 10 Video Modes maintains the multiplier when initiated. Anyone else having this issue on their premium? When I play on a Star Wars Pro at the local pinball barcade, I always carry my multiplier into Video Mode.

I’ve noticed that as well but perhaps when you playing as Han, you get 2 video modes and one is always 1 x and the other is whatever your current x is? Not sure the game is so fast.

#94 5 years ago

So discovered a bug this weekend. Newest code.

I had video mode lit, and had starter the second hyperspace hurryup. I shoot the hoth shot, which first starts hyperspace multiball, but the flippers are locked since i am in mode selection. I choose video mode, and the mode starts all the while the flippers are frozen and i see all hyperspace multiball balls being autoplunged, getting ball saved, drainibg until the whole mb is over. Meanwhile im in the asteroid field. Wtf??!!

3 years later
#95 2 years ago

Just received my NIB Star Wars Premium machine a week ago (and fresh off the Stern line late April). For the most part, I'm loving it!

Unfortunately, there seems to be a rather serious bug (running the latest software version, v1.10.0).

Basically, the ball gets stopped by the fork, mission selection comes up, and while the flippers are frozen (as I'm selecting a mission), the fork lowers, releasing the ball and draining it. It's a bit maddening, especially when the ball isn't saved and relaunched.

Anyone else seen this issue?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Palm Springs, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
7,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Union, KY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-bugs/page/2?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.