By zaphX

3 months ago

Stats

• 88 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 months ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMAG1289[1] (resized).jpg
IMAG0012 (resized).jpg
IMG_2731 (resized).JPG
t222222222 (resized).jpg
Star Wars Bugs (resized).png

There are 88 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 months ago

These are bugs I’ve found in Star Wars (Pro) so far:

1. Sometimes the Tie fighter gets a hit (and thunks) but doesn’t increment the counter.
2. Launching the ball with the action button turns off the multipliers; they should be on after launch as they are with the plunger.
3. The mystery scoop power is too high, defusing should be 30. (This one is admittedly subjective.)

Anyone else have bugs to add? Agree or disagree with my findings?

#2 3 months ago

after tie fighter multiball the hyperspace ramp sort of shutters up and down aND the shaker just goes on a continuous rumble - it has happened twice - I have an LE

#3 3 months ago

Star Wars Bugs (resized).png

#4 3 months ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

Took me a half second, but that's some funny s**t right there!

#5 3 months ago

I had the music just kind of run out and stop in the middle of a mode today. That was kind of a bummer.

#6 3 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I had the music just kind of run out and stop in the middle of a mode today. That was kind of a bummer.

I’ve seen that a couple times too.

#7 3 months ago

Agree on the music cutting off in the middle of a mode. Happened a couple days ago running v.89. Really a kind of eerie feeling when it's just a rolling ball and zero music.

#8 3 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think this is Hoth 2.

Rob

#9 3 months ago

I'd like to see the multiplier lit when I plunge using the button. Not sure why it stays off and then I have to hit it again to light it.

#10 3 months ago

Well, I got about 80 or so games in my Premium and it's been playing great up until now. Today I was in the middle of a game when the flippers starred to only work intermittently. If you push the flipper button the flipper only goes up for a split second, even if the button is held in the flippers just sort of weakly pulse.

#11 3 months ago

My Hyperspace loop will sometimes NOT stop, requiring a power cycle, and my fork-ramp will sometimes not stay up to start a Hoth mode.

#12 3 months ago

I had my flippers die once, not sure what mode...maybe Death Star. Ball drained and then they started working like normal.

#13 3 months ago

Escape gate not being open when the "escape" is lit

Hoth forks not staying up when "Hoth" is lit to start mode

Ball hits forks when they are up and bounces back into playfield without being locked

Scoop Power

Ball hitting the slingshots continuously and draining without player ever hitting the ball. Would be nice to see a fix for this similar to the Hobbit where after a couple of hits to the slingshots, they go dead and the ball just bounces into them without them activating.

When the video clips end, they just sit like a paused movie scene and look awkward

#14 3 months ago
Quoted from drewski28:

Escape gate not being open when the "escape" is lit

This is a mechanical problem with the gate itself, not a software bug. I fixed mine with a very slight bend down of the tab which the roll pin slides into.

Rob

t222222222 (resized).jpg

#15 3 months ago
Quoted from drewski28:

Would be nice to see a fix for this similar to the Hobbit where after a couple of hits to the slingshots, they go dead and the ball just bounces into them without them activating.

That doesn't sound fun.....

Rob

#16 89 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

3. The mystery scoop power is too high, defusing should be 30. (This one is admittedly subjective.)
Anyone else have bugs to add? Agree or disagree with my findings?

I agree with the scoop power being too high. Lowering it to 30 significantly reduced the SDTM on eject.

Wifey and I had played about a dozen games this evening and I went to start a 2-player game. When I went to select my character (left flipper), the display started scrolling through the different characters really fast for about 20 seconds. When it finally stopped, I had a score of 340 points and I hadn't even selected a character. I don't know what I did to cause it nor how to replicate it.

#17 89 days ago
Quoted from Nickbtx:

I agree with the scoop power being too high. Lowering it to 30 significantly reduced the SDTM on eject.
Wifey and I had played about a dozen games this evening and I went to start a 2-player game. When I went to select my character (left flipper), the display started scrolling through the different characters really fast for about 20 seconds. When it finally stopped, I had a score of 340 points and I hadn't even selected a character. I don't know what I did to cause it nor how to replicate it.

You can keep it at 40...just have to torque the scoop to the left so it aims toward the left flipper. Best thing @trekkie1978 ever taught me...besides his restaurant recommendations.

#18 87 days ago

Anyone else having problems with the ball getting stuck behind the left loop / jump ramp? When the ball enters the Hoth loop, it flies around and slams into the backside of the jump ramp if it's up. Normally the ramp will lower and allow the ball to pass, but on several occasions the ramp appears to stick and it takes the ball-finder to free it up. Today it trapped 2 balls during a multi-ball. That ramp sure seems to take a lot of abuse...especially from the Hoth loop.

#19 87 days ago
Quoted from Nickbtx:

Anyone else having problems with the ball getting stuck behind the left loop / jump ramp? When the ball enters the Hoth loop, it flies around and slams into the backside of the jump ramp if it's up. Normally the ramp will lower and allow the ball to pass, but on several occasions the ramp appears to stick and it takes the ball-finder to free it up. Today it trapped 2 balls during a multi-ball. That ramp sure seems to take a lot of abuse...especially from the Hoth loop.

I recommend to wait for the next code release which will improve the ramp operation. However I don't know when that will be. Maybe soon I hope!

Rob

#20 86 days ago

LE issue: Ball jumps onto the left slingshot plastic very often

Anyone knows how to fix this?

IMG_2731 (resized).JPG

#21 86 days ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I've never had that happen. Where is it coming from when it lands there? (i.e.: I would concentrate on fixing the cause rather than the effect)

#22 86 days ago

I've had one issue where the music went dead, the score kept rolling up without any balls in play, I couldn't do anything for about a minute and then finally it snapped back and then kicked a ball out for me an launched it. It was odd, checked all the switches and everything was fine.

It was almost like the processor maxed out at 100% and just couldn't do anything else for a minute. Only happened once.

I also had the music just end during play and it didn't start again until I started a multiball.

#23 86 days ago
Quoted from pninja005:

for now? I'd just wrap a black zip tie around the lamp hex post and the ball guide post. that should roll the ball back into play i'd think and nobody would probably notice other than you.

#24 86 days ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

for now? I'd just wrap a black shrink tie around the lamp hex post and the ball guide post. that should roll the ball back into play i'd think and nobody would probably notice other than you.

Good idea, thanks!

The thread topic poster has the same problem.

Issue occurs when ball comes down the ramp

#25 85 days ago

Game is fast! getting a lot of bounce back from the LCD targets and SDTM! The DeathStar loop underneath when you hit it st speed SDTM

What pitch do people have on there games?
Have you lowered the flipper cool power?

Any recommendations

Thanks

#26 83 days ago

I got my LE today and set it up, after a few hour of game play....

well this happened while streaming on twitch.

https://clips.twitch.tv/RacyResoluteClipzCeilingCat

#27 83 days ago
Quoted from JimBoSS:

So how many Tie Fighters did it give you credit for?

#28 83 days ago
Quoted from JimBoSS:

Check the tie fighter switch in test mode.

Rob

#29 83 days ago

The Ball Save gate on the right drain does not engage after a multiball even though the light is lit.

#30 83 days ago
Quoted from JimBoSS:

Videos like this have to make STERN tech support just cringe - not because there is an issue but because you kept on playing with the obvious issue.

When I see a coil firing like crazy or locked up on any of my games, the LAST thing I want to do is continue that abnormal behavior. That's how fuses, transistors, boards, etc. all get blown and fried. Power down ASAP! A few extra points isn't worth the head ache. Besides, it was probably just a stuck switch anyway.

#31 83 days ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

The Ball Save gate on the right drain does not engage after a multiball even though the light is lit.

If the light is on and the gate is still closed, it's most likely jammed. See my previous reply in this thread about that.

Rob

#32 83 days ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I have never had that happen on my game. I used to have ball jumps over the flippers, but changing the stock black rubber to red rubber seems to have helped with that.

Rob

#33 83 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have never had that happen on my game. I used to have ball jumps over the flippers, but changing the stock black rubber to red rubber seems to have helped with that.
Rob

I asked him where it's coming from when it does that so I could help him fix it. He never answered me.

#34 83 days ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

I've had this happen. 90% of the time it's fine, and at random I will catch the light on, but the gate not down. I don't think it is binding, as the rest of the time it works perfect. I suspect this is a code issue.

#35 83 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I asked him where it's coming from when it does that so I could help him fix it. He never answered me.

Sorry I thought I replied in the other thread, my mistake.

The ball comes down the left ramp, bounces against the end and jumps back onto the slingshot plastic It happens at least once every game.

Thx!

#36 83 days ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Sorry I thought I replied in the other thread, my mistake.
The ball comes down the left ramp, bounces against the end and jumps back onto the slingshot plastic It happens at least once every game.
Thx!

Okay...is your game perfectly leveled from side to side? And when you say it bounces against "the end", what is "the end"? And what pitch do you have the game set at? I've found this is the one game you can NOT have pitched much higher than 6.5 or it doesn't play properly.

#37 83 days ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I've had this happen. 90% of the time it's fine, and at random I will catch the light on, but the gate not down. I don't think it is binding, as the rest of the time it works perfect. I suspect this is a code issue.

I agree. It is only after a multiball on mine and most definitely is not jammed.

#38 82 days ago

Has anyone else with a Premium/LE experienced an issue where the ball travels around the hyperloop once or twice and then smacks into a metal plate that's underneath the plastic cover over the accelerators?

In test mode, I can turn them on, send a ball into orbit, then it will go around two, maybe 3 times, then it ends up smacking that metal piece and falling back down the Death Star ramp.

I'm also having an issue where the Death Star frequently doesn't hold the ball properly during the mission select screen. Sometimes it holds, but most of the time it's like the magnet isn't activated, causing the ball to drain due to the flippers being powered off. I assume this is a code issue, whereas the problem with the hyperloop seems to be a design issue.

Any help, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

#39 82 days ago
Quoted from Nickbtx:

So how many Tie Fighters did it give you credit for?

once I realised it wasn't a feature but a bug I killed it and didn't look lol.

Quoted from Rob_G:

Check the tie fighter switch in test mode.
Rob

The switch is fine, I think its a bug in the code, during that mode i hit the switch and it didn't reset. the next ball (after clearing the debris) the game is back to normal and has been fine for many games since, i don't think it was a switch fault.

Quoted from T-800:

Videos like this have to make STERN tech support just cringe - not because there is an issue but because you kept on playing with the obvious issue.
When I see a coil firing like crazy or locked up on any of my games, the LAST thing I want to do is continue that abnormal behavior. That's how fuses, transistors, boards, etc. all get blown and fried. Power down ASAP! A few extra points isn't worth the head ache. Besides, it was probably just a stuck switch anyway.

I didn't realise it was an issue, at first I thought it was a multiball feature like the constant hyperball loop, (I had only set the game up earlier that night) Once i realised it wasn't normal i drained it but was too late.

On the positive side I have a replacement part coming and its an easy fix so all good there.

IMAG0012 (resized).jpg

#40 82 days ago

All on the LE

There are so many bugs, I'm going to write them down when I next play and document them all eventually. First one is when stacking Hoth (I think it's 3) with Death Star multiball, if you don't complete Hoth mission before the multiball ends then when in single ball play it says "shoot the blue shots" but no shots are lit blue, the force targets don't light either (the only things that do light are the lanes and the combo shots). I have hit every single shot in the game when this has happened and nothing happens, I repeated it a few games later by mistake on ball one and it carries on ball to ball i.e. you can't progress.

Game freezes and loses music not happened today but happened at least 5 times

Game freezes and you score absolutely nothing, lights stay lit, music still plays and the game appears normal but it seems like no switches are working at all until you find the one switch that does work and then gameplay returns to normal (happened at least twice)

Right flipper loses power randomly

Gate doesn't open after some multiballs (although it does seem to be binding so will look into suggestions higher up)

Had Tie fighter multiball start whilst in one of the victory multiballs, it announced it as I hit the hurry up shot and I bashed the button for all I was worth allowing my balls to drain but there was no tie fighter Multiball.

Had ball sit in the scoop yesterday and the score went up 10 points at a time really quickly while the ball sat there, must have taken over a minute before the game decided to get back to where it should be (no ball search and scoop wasn't lit)

Scoop is labelled as left scoop in adjustments, scoop power is too high from factory and sends ball SDTM often

Some call outs run over into other balls (tilt is a good one, the emperor was still going for a good 30 seconds into the next ball at one point yesterday)

#41 82 days ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

Scoop is labelled as left scoop in adjustments, scoop power is too high from factory and sends ball SDTM often

Turning down the mystery scoop power so ball feeds to right flipper is one option.

See here for alternative, which is physically adjusting the scoop mechanism so it consistently sends the ball to the left flipper (this is what the game on location near me does and I believe that's the intended plan, though not certain). I'm planning to try this when my premium arrives next week if I'm getting SDTMs from the mystery scoop.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/141#post-3943638
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/143#post-3950108
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/24#post-3955679

#42 82 days ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

Had ball sit in the scoop yesterday and the score went up 10 points at a time really quickly while the ball sat there, must have taken over a minute before the game decided to get back to where it should be (no ball search and scoop wasn't lit)

There is a 10 point leaf switch just below the spinner. Check the gap on it.

Quoted from mufcmufc:

Game freezes and loses music not happened today but happened at least 5 times

I have had the music cut out, but only on Hoth 2. I have never had a freeze. Are you premium/LE or pro?

Rob

#43 82 days ago
Quoted from nateluke85:

Has anyone else with a Premium/LE experienced an issue where the ball travels around the hyperloop once or twice and then smacks into a metal plate that's underneath the plastic cover over the accelerators?

Maybe. I thought the exit ramp was opening late and the ball was hitting that. But it's only happened a few times and I'm not 100% sure of the cause. The ball goes flying when that happens.

Rob

#44 82 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

This is a mechanical problem with the gate itself, not a software bug. I fixed mine with a very slight bend down of the tab which the roll pin slides into.
Rob

After many games, still no further problem with the gate on mine. I thought it was jamming on the roll pin which seemed strange because there's nothing blatantly obvious to cause that. But I suppose it could also jam where it connects on the coil bracket. In either case, the coil can't pull the latch closed which opens the gate. You can hear it buzzing if it's stuck.

Rob

#45 82 days ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Turning down the mystery scoop power so ball feeds to right flipper is one option.
See here for alternative, which is physically adjusting the scoop mechanism so it consistently sends the ball to the left flipper (this is what the game on location near me does and I believe that's the intended plan, though not certain). I'm planning to try this when my premium arrives next week if I'm getting SDTMs from the mystery scoop.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/141#post-3943638
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/143#post-3950108
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/24#post-3955679

I missed out that I turned it down to 30

#46 82 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

There is a 10 point leaf switch just below the spinner. Check the gap on it.

I have had the music cut out, but only on Hoth 2. I have never had a freeze. Are you premium/LE or pro?
Rob

It’s not the switch, it was a bug, the score was going up rapidly. LE it says right at the start of my post

#47 82 days ago

3 tonight.

I was Luke and drained the ball. Next ball ejected into shooter lane and sound stopped. Lights and flippers kept working. When I plunged the ball, none of the shots registered, so I let the ball drain. I though about power cycling, but decided to wait and see if a ball seek would fix the problem. After about 20 seconds a new ball was kicked into the shooter lane and the music started and all was normal.

The forks got stuck half way down/up. I got the ball to stick behind the forks and ball seek eventually kicked in and fixed the problem...the forks went alll the way down.

I've also noticed a problem with hoth...sometimes it's lit and the forks still drop and you have to get it up there again to choose a mission, or hoth is not lit, the forks don't drop all the way, the ball stays behind the forks, and you get to choose a hoth mission.

#48 78 days ago

Got my Premium, and after all the technical reviews, man I was nervous...but seems everything is so far so good. Boy, this game is lightning fast. For sure the one thing that I noticed was the scoop issue. Soon as it went in, I knew that ball was a goner. Thanks for the links to assist with that issue @fosaisu. I didn't feel as comfortable to torque the scoop, so I turned to left eject to 30. Problem was, at least on my machine, still hit SDTM on a good number of balls. So, I turned it down further to 25 and now it hits the right flipper 100% of the time, is catchable, and i can keep playing. The eject is still fast enough to need some attention, but not automatically draining is great.

#49 78 days ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Boy, this game is lightning fast.

Agreed. Especially fresh out of box, but thankfully, it slows down a bit (small bit) as the PF sees a bit of play and the flippers back down to "normal strong" vs "ridiculously strong." At least that's been my experience with the two I've played -- one of them being the day it was taken out of the box.

#50 78 days ago

In no way complaining about the bugs, but have seen a couple in .89 on the Pro. It seems that the multiplier lock is different for different characters. One will turn on the lock when pushing the button to launch, one will not turn it on, and another will activate the lock when pulling the plunger instead of launching with the button.

Also needs to be some tweaking on the Hoth shot. A faster up post to lock the ball in when it bounces off of the dual posts so it doesn't roll back down might help. Also if it does bounce back and around, and you hit it back up there it doesn't recognize it and will time out and just release the ball without letting you choose a mission.

Scored my second billion game last night, due in no small part to moving my multiplier to super jackpot and scoring it in TF MB. Loving this machine!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 5,699.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,699.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Mafia
$ 199.99
$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 5,699.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 76.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.95
$ 89.00
$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
There are 88 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside