(Topic ID: 74303)

Star Wars as the next Jersey Jack Pinball (after Hobbit)?

By whocanitbenow

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 157 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by MrSanRamon
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ds_lobby_2.JPG
    vomiting.gif
    sound-of-music.jpg
    yoda.jpg
    There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 10 years ago

I know this is a stretch, but he already has artist Jerry VanderStelt on board and some of his artwork is awesome!
    The new movie is coming out in 2015. The one problem with my theory is, it would need to get into planning stages like NOW!
    I think it could be a huge title if done right. No offence to the Stern people here, but I hope if it does happen, Jersey Jack gets it and not Stern.
    Check out some of Jerry's work:
    http://www.vandersteltstudio.com/starwars.htm

yoda.jpgyoda.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Part of me hopes JJP does Star Wars, and the other part doesn't, because I would have to buy it, and I really can't afford another $8K pin. I think they would do an amazing job on it, and the LCD would open up a whole new dimension.

#3 10 years ago

Doesn't Yoda use a green lightsaber? Oh sorry, the nerd in me just came out.

A really well done SW game would get me on board with JJP or Stern.

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from dgpinball:

Part of me hopes JJP does Star Wars, and the other part doesn't, because I would have to buy it, and I really can't afford another $8K pin.

You would have plenty of time to save up for it

#5 10 years ago

I would love a new Star Wars pin, but it would depend on who is the game's designer more than the manufacturer.
    For example; If the new Stern Star Trek was instead themed as Star Wars, it would be getting a ton more buzz and units sold. It would also be nice to have a LCD screen instead of a DMD.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from BestShot31:

It would also be nice to have a LCD screen instead of a DMD.

Definatly!

#7 10 years ago

When I made my comment about Jersey Jack making it instead of Stern, it was directed at the fact Jerry VanderStelt could do the art work and the LCD display could be used in such fantastic ways.
    Not that Stern couldnt release a game with a LCD display though.
    Now that I think about this, waiting until the movie is 90% shot would work better anyways, because at least then footage from Episode 7 could be incorportated. And as the new movies come out, you put them in the updates! Now thats making use of an update!
    So it makes me wonder if footage from this latest Hobbit movie will be in the next JJP machine. If so you have to imagine JJP was under contract not to reveal anything.
    Does anyone into Hobbit know if the artwork that was just released shows anything of the new movie, or is it generic "Hobbit"?

#8 10 years ago

Stern will have LCD by then

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

Stern will have LCD by then

Maybe Stern should just stick with DMD. Unless they come up with hi-res color dmd's that fit that same footprint and not go full screen LCD monitor like Jersey Jack.
    At least that would keep it true to the look and feel.

#10 10 years ago

It will not be like jacks; you will still have a back box. Will be very tastefully done and people will love it; not saying jacks is bad just that it doesn't look the best when the game is off

#11 10 years ago

Star Wars comes out December 2015, 1 year after Hobbit. I have to imagine it is not sustainable for JJP to produce games so infrequently and they need to get a lot more product out the door. I hope JJP3 is well under development already for mid 2015 release.

#12 10 years ago

I'd rather have an unlicensed haunted house/ mansion...or Disney licensed. Either way.

#13 10 years ago

JJP # 3 is Harry Potter. The deal is done.

I'd like to see JJP do Star Wars too. But it would have to be #4.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from winslow:

If that's true that is weak...really weak. That train left the station already and is not a great choice IMO. I'll likely be out on that one unless the layout and code are awesome.

#15 10 years ago

I wouldn't want a full screen for a Star Wars pin....give me good gameplay and a killer sound system, not foo-foo graphics. I'd be happy if both Stern and JJP got onboard with a ColorDMD sized display which is enough to do some cool stuff but not over the top....and it allows a backglass above.

#16 10 years ago

Harry Potter would be huge for bringing in a new generation to pinball.....I truly think that is undeniable. Regardless of what company produces that game Harry Potter is a global cultural phenomenon.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from winslow:

Lol where do you guys get this stuff.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from dgpinball:

Part of me hopes JJP does Star Wars, and the other part doesn't, because I would have to buy it, and I really can't afford another $8K pin. I think they would do an amazing job on it, and the LCD would open up a whole new dimension.

At this rate NIB will be 9k.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

At this rate NIB will be 9k.

Unfortunately Star Wars is one of the very few themes I would dish out big bucks for

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Unfortunately Star Wars is one of the very few themes I would dish out big bucks for

I think JJP or Stern is aware of this and will likely gouge us pretty hard for this title. I'm betting there will be plenty here that will trample over you to pay 10k for a LE version.

#21 10 years ago

I would love both harry potter and starwars for pin.

Either way next few years will be expensive for me. Payed for a WOZ to day...ST next and after that the hobbit

#22 10 years ago

I thought Jack said at one point that only new themes and ones from IP's that have not been done previously. But if this ever were the case then I would buy Star Wars for sure. Harry Potter I wouldn't mind, even though the movie is long done. My wife is a Potter fan. It would have to be a pretty deep pin to cover even just a little from each book.

#23 10 years ago

I really hope this is true.

I own a bunch of Stern games and I really like the designers and software guys that they have but I'm tired of the way the company interacts with its fanbase. It's completely archaic.

I would love to get a JJP Star Wars game into my lineup.

#24 10 years ago

I am not looking forward to the new movies, so I don't care who makes the next Star Wars game,

#25 10 years ago

I recall Automated accepting preorders for a Stern Star Wars a month or two ago.

Wish I screenshot it

Anyway whoever makes it I'm excited to see the finished product. Not preordering shit however. Both companies have zero credibility in terms of code & timeframes

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I think JJP or Stern is aware of this and will likely gouge us pretty hard for this title. I'm betting there will be plenty here that will trample over you to pay 10k for a LE version.

I wouldn't take that bet. $10K is just too high for any significant volume.

#27 10 years ago

If they plan on the new Star Wars being a trilogy, I would hope they won't be putting one out for a few years. I prefer a trilogy theme if a trilogy exists.

#28 10 years ago

I think Disney would charge a fortune for the rights. One reason why The Pinball Arcade will never digitize, Star Wars or Indiana Jones or anything owned by Disney (as stated on FB due to Disney asking too much money for the rights) granted a digital remake vs an original pin are different. I do hope they make one, as well really hope Disney rocks it. I may be a hardcore Trekkie, but still love Star Wars "3 Classics" and hope I love the Disney Reboot and any SW pins in our future.

#29 10 years ago

I'd like to see Star Wars too. The theme alone will sell a ton.

Now if someone could just make a decent Star Wars machine, we'd be getting somewhere. Manufacturers are really 0 fer 3 in my book.

It'd probably be the only pin I'd wish for an LCD on. Not a fan of the first one's implementation.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Now if someone could just make a decent Star Wars machine, we'd be getting somewhere. Manufacturers are really 0 fer 3 in my book.

I couldn't agree more. I used to have the SWep1 kit and could not put RFM back in fast enough.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I think Disney would charge a fortune for the rights. One reason why The Pinball Arcade will never digitize, Star Wars or Indiana Jones or anything owned by Disney (as stated on FB due to Disney asking too much money for the rights) granted a digital remake vs an original pin are different. I do hope they make one, as well really hope Disney rocks it. I may be a hardcore Trekkie, but still love Star Wars "3 Classics" and hope I love the Disney Reboot and any SW pins in our future.

Given that plenty of Disney pinballs already exist I doubt that's actually a hurdle. Tron, POTC, Iron Man, Avengers, X-Men, all Disney properties.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Given that plenty of Disney pinballs already exist I doubt that's actually a hurdle. Tron, POTC, Iron Man, Avengers, X-Men, all Disney properties.

True, I think its more of an issue for smaller companies like Pinball Arcade for example. Granted digital reproduction vs original are two completely different things.

#33 10 years ago

If they are going to make a new pin, I think it would truly be a hit as long as it was based on the original 3 films and not the newer films.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from ulmpharmd:

If they are going to make a new pin, I think it would truly be a hit as long as it was based on the original 3 films and not the newer films.

We could only wish, but sadly I doubt that will happen. Will be Disney SW or nothing at this point.

#35 10 years ago

Disney works with Stern - POTC, Tron, Marvel. Disney owns SW....soooo....yeah, Stern's got it in the bag.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I wouldn't want a full screen for a Star Wars pin....give me good gameplay and a killer sound system, not foo-foo graphics. I'd be happy if both Stern and JJP got onboard with a ColorDMD sized display which is enough to do some cool stuff but not over the top....and it allows a backglass above.

I would be surprised to see them go with a tiny LCD...

I also dont think full-size LCD OR a backglass have to be mutually exclusive.

perhaps a neat alternative would be a low-power mode where the pinball machine MOSTLY goes to sleep, but the display changes to "backglass-mode" only. This could be pretty cool in that it could be change-able, changing, etc.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

I would love to get a JJP Star Wars game into my lineup.

A+ hope this is true would be a KILLER theme for JJP!

#38 10 years ago

I heard from a very reliable source that the next JJP pin after Hobbit would be a music licensed game.

Specifically

Grateful Dead

With dancing bears and Casey Jones Train that crashed into the playfield...

This is a done deal!

Tom

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from dgpinball:

Its a few years out, start saving now and cha ching!

I honestly really like the DE star wars and only played with new code once. SWep1 was a tank of a dumb game. Would love to get this if knocks it outta the park!

#40 10 years ago

Lets just get woz finished and hope hobbit comes out without any hiccups. In a few years a lot can happen. Who knows maybe only stern will be left by then as the market over saturates and dies

#41 10 years ago

I would be all over that!

#42 10 years ago

I guess it's actually either 0 fer 4 or 1 fer 4 with regards to SW pins that have been made

#43 10 years ago

When Jack spoke at TPF in '12 I though he said the 3rd machine was going to be an original theme? This was before they announced what the 2nd machine was even going to be.

#44 10 years ago

If JJP does a new SW pin, I may make that my first NIB purchase. I cant see any other way my wife would let me drop that much coin.

#45 10 years ago

My wife says that if jjp or stern did a national lampoons vacation pin she would demand that we get it. So please pinball gods help a guy out

#46 10 years ago

Unfortunately, Lucas is 0 for 3 on his last SW movies as well

As a big SW fan, I'm hoping for a turnaround from Disney.... maybe Peter Jackson will need money again by then

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

I heard from a very reliable source that the next JJP pin after Hobbit would be a music licensed game.

Maybe they will alternate target audiences back and forth as well...

So, a music themed JJP pin? .....hmmm....... perhaps Liberace?

#48 10 years ago

I would love a JJP SW pin, but only if they hire a better designer and start making standard size machines. Otherwise, I vote for Stern.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Unfortunately, Lucas is 0 for 3 on his last SW movies as well
    As a big SW fan, I'm hoping for a turnaround from Disney.... maybe Peter Jackson will need money again by then

What? LOL. ep 1 was bad, but 2 and 3 were fine. get over it.

#50 10 years ago

No matter what the next JJP is it will be another unplayable light-box.

There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-as-the-next-jersey-jack-pinball-after-hobbit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.