Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by skink91
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20230408-111201 (resized).png
    starwars-bill-murray.gif
    The-Grand-Inquisitor-2-Rupert-Friend-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Season-1-Episode-2-Part-2-900x506 (resized).jpg

#1 11 months ago

I'd love to have been at Star Wars Celebration today to hear the reaction to this:

#2 11 months ago

Ahsoka was one of my favorite characters in Clone Wars, she had a tremendous amount of character development and learned from her numerous mistakes she made along the way. I’m worried Kennedy will turn her into a lame Mary Sue and have an uninteresting show with her as the lead. I will give it a shot and see.

#3 11 months ago

Rosario Dawson is pretty awesome and this looks really good. It's about time they focused a little more on the Jedi. I haven't really cared for any of the "new" SW stuff (starting with Eps 7) and really didn't care for any of the series that have streamed on D+ up to now. Mando was fine I guess.

I'm looking forward to this actually.

#4 11 months ago

So... maybe 5 years ago I'm walking through the living room and saw my kids watching some Star Wars cartoon... turned out to be clone wars. I stopped and watched with the kids and thought to myself, "8 year old me would have lost their mind over this". After further thought, I decided, "grown ass man would lose their mind over this" and finished the episode with the kids. Over the next year, I watched ALL of the Clone Wars with my elementary school aged kids and we all enjoyed it. The first few episodes are rough, but it goes uphill fast. It is a credit to the writers that they made the 11 year old girl the most interesting character, and gave her clear character development, struggles, and didn't turn her into a Mary Sue. I look forward to this live action Star Wars. I saw a few other references to Rebels (like in a recent Mando episode) and am working through that one with the kids now.

#5 11 months ago

Could be fun, who can say? The Disney+ shows have been all over the map, and it's usually the ones I have the least expectations for that surprise me. Andor was fantastic.

#6 11 months ago

I named my cat Ahsoka, so I'll be watching this.

#7 11 months ago

It’s been awhile since we’ve had a Disney+ ideological grievance thread!

#8 11 months ago

It looks like a live action sequel to Rebels, seasoned with a generous sprinkle of the Thrawn novels. With Dave Filoni writing (and doing a good bit of the directing, sounds like), I'm excited.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s been awhile since we’ve had a Disney+ ideological grievance thread!

Dammit, don't encourage them!

#9 11 months ago

I'll give it a watch but I'm not super interested in the Jedi angles; eXpecially after the dreadfull Kenobi show.
    I also don't know much aboot the character and not interested in any of the cartoons; she seemed alright on Mando though. Dawson is legit so she'll always get a watch out of me.

#10 11 months ago

Obj wan kinda weened me off these shows.

But I’ll wait for the Pinside reviews before making the life-altering decision to watch this or not!

#11 11 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Obj wan kinda weened me off these shows.

I mean that was the worst one.

By far.

#12 11 months ago

Lets really start a fight...

Mandalorian
    Andor
    Rogue One
    Bad Batch
    Clone Wars Cartoon Show
    Book of Boba Fett
    Tales of the Jedi
    Rebels
    Solo
    Visions
    Star Wars Clone Wars Standalone Movie
    Obiwan
    Star Wars Christmas Special (1977 version)
    Droids
    Ewoks
    Resistance
    The Ewok Adventure
    Ewoks: The Battle for Endor

#13 11 months ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Mandalorian
    Rogue One
    Bad Batch
    Clone Wars Cartoon Show
    Book of Boba Fett
    Tales of the Jedi
    Rebels
    Solo
    Visions
    Obiwan
    Droids
    Ewoks
    Resistance
    The Ewok Adventure

Mando season 1 vs where we are now makes me want to have separate ratings by season.

But thanks for the reminder to watch Bad Batch - I keep forgetting about that one.

#14 11 months ago

Mandalorian
    Rogue One
    Bad Batch
    Clone Wars Cartoon Show
    Book of Boba Fett
    Tales of the Jedi
    Rebels
    Solo
    Visions
    Obiwan
    Droids
    Ewoks
    Resistance
    The Ewok Adventure

Any list that doesn’t have 8 at the very bottom should not be taken seriously. I also think 1 should be significantly higher (1 was a phenomenal movie and that tremendously expanded upon the lore in I interesting things. Other than that, you have great taste!

#15 11 months ago

yeah I mean if vader was that much of a bad ass, why couldnt he freaking "feel" all the other people in the ship before it took off, very disappointed in him. Shame shame.

#16 11 months ago

You missed Andor, which surprisingly might be the best of the new shows.

#17 11 months ago
    Quoted from EternitytoM83:

This is true. I liked Andor as much as Mando, maybe more. I wasn’t expecting much though. I liked Star Wars as a kid but the franchise has grown rather turd-like since the original trilogy.

#18 11 months ago

Good point! Thought I had everything but forgot andor. I notched it in between 3 and rouge one. Great show. Only reason Mando is higher is because my 6, 9, 11 year old, and wife all love it. It's really hard to get something everyone likes. Tried watching Andor with the kids but it was too complicated for them to follow.

#19 11 months ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Any list that doesn’t have 8 at the very bottom should not be taken seriously. I also think 1 should be significantly higher (1 was a phenomenal movie and that tremendously expanded upon the lore in I interesting things. Other than that, you have great taste!

I stayed up late to watch the midnight showing of Star Wars Episode 1 with my Dad. It was awesome, and totally worth dragging through middle school the next day.

As to 8 vs 9. It is hard to be more disappointed in those movies but somehow 9 was more disappointing to me.

#20 11 months ago

I mean look at this guy, nerd alert.
    I never really picked on anyone back in school, but I have a feeling I would be throwing wads at him.

The-Grand-Inquisitor-2-Rupert-Friend-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Season-1-Episode-2-Part-2-900x506 (resized).jpgThe-Grand-Inquisitor-2-Rupert-Friend-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Season-1-Episode-2-Part-2-900x506 (resized).jpg

#21 11 months ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I mean look at this guy, nerd alert.
    I never really picked on anyone back in school, but I have a feeling I would be throwing wads at him.
    [quoted image]

That dude's toast long before the Ahsoka show.

#22 11 months ago

It's literally Star Wars Rebels Season 5 lol

#23 11 months ago

Why is there another Star Wars thread? Are we going to make a thread about every show? Keep it to the bitch thread.

#24 11 months ago

Love Jack Black , about time he came into Star wars universe.

#25 11 months ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

Why is there another Star Wars thread? Are we going to make a thread about every show? Keep it to the bitch thread.

Yes its amazing to think but if you actually read the thread its not a bitch thread; but didn't take long for the go woke go broke crowd to show up

#26 11 months ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Love Jack Black , about time he came into Star wars universe.

i love Jack Black too. The only problem with him is that every single character he plays is Jack Black. Which just seemed goofy in any Star Wars anything.

#27 11 months ago
    starwars-bill-murray.gifstarwars-bill-murray.gif
    #28 11 months ago

Great casting alert! My wife may very well have boycotted if this hadn't happened.

Screenshot_20230408-111201 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230408-111201 (resized).png
    #29 11 months ago

Great casting alert! My wife may very well have boycotted if this hadn't happened.
    [quoted image]

Phenomenal actor.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-ahsoka-disney- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.