• 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by zaphX
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6020 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider speederice.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m sure you are right, but my questions are pretty basic.
For example, I don’t understand any of the missions or what they do. We basically just hit the action button and keep playing.
I did manage to learn that 35 tie fighters = multiball, so we are constantly going for that.
How do I enter hyperspace? Which ramp is it? None are marked as such.
How do I “shoot the Death Star?” When I fire the ball at it, it gets captured and I’m presented with mission selection again.

One of the goals of the game is to complete the three missions for each of the four planets (I know the Death Star isn't a planet): Tatooine, Hoth, Endor, and the Death Star. The missions are the boxes on the lower playfield marked "I, II, III." When you complete a mission, it will be lit solid on the playfield. Some missions are "spotted" or lit solid from the start for that character. The objective of the missions change depending on which mission you are on. When you hit the action button and start a mission, the display will tell you a little bit about what you need to do (complete orange shots, hit FORCE targets, etc.). It is hard to look at the display while you are playing, so an easy tip is to try to look at the arrows toward the top of the playfield in front of each of the different lanes. Are they blinking the same color as your current mission? Then shoot it for points! After you complete three missions in any planetary group, that group's final mode will be lit and blinking in the insert shaped like a hot dog. When you start this final mission in that group, you will play a multi-ball mini-wizard mode. For example, completing Death Star Missions I, II, and III will light "Destroy the Death Star" - which recreates the trench run from A New Hope. Shoot the dark purple arrows on the playfield to advance the scene until you ultimately blow up the Death Star!

Hyperspace is different than missions. It is a hurry-up that will be started if you hit a shot lit up in a certain color (I believe it is yellow but can't remember off hand?) or it can sometimes be selected as a reward off of the plunge. When you first hit the shot, it will count-down points, and the display will tell you to "Shoot the Death Star". If you shoot the Death Star shot, you will collect the current amount of hyperspace points. If Death Star missions were lit as well, you will also go into the mission selection screen to start your next Death Star mission. Collecting multiple hyperspace hurry-ups will start hyperspace multi-ball mode!

Hope that helps. It is a blast trying to complete all of the missions and get to the final mission in each of the four groups. Now you will have something else to shoot for in addition to TIE fighter multiball!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider speederice.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-a-positive-review?tu=speederice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.