• 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by zaphX
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6020 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I hope yours stays that way. Mine was perfect for a few days. I now have four pretty bad inserts and another four starting to progress. My distro provided pictures almost two weeks ago and no reply from Stern. It's pretty bad, I've had little slivers on my GOT and Met and I never brought it up to them... why would I? A play field swap is kind of a pain.
Hey Stern, if you're reading this please reply to Randy regarding Patrick from Jersey City's SW pro. It would be great to know that you still stand behind your games if they are badly ghosted, and I'll happily tell everybody that you do. But for the time being I'm very frustrated at your lack of response.

I wouldn't hesitate to reach out to Stern directly. Although my personal experience with the has always been great, I have seen that others have sometimes experienced a lack of response from Stern, and needed to follow up in order to get things moving along.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Thanks. I'll give them another week, I've always reached out directly in the past and they've been great. I figured since this was not a minor issue it would be better to go through my distro. Anyways, back to positivity... I love this game! And it sounds like I'm in the minority so please don't let my small rant discourage you from getting one

Took possession of my LE yesterday and put a few games on it last night with a friend. I had been wavering on the purchase, on the fence about cancelling even up until yesterday morning. To be honest, had I had the opportunity to back out, full cash back, I would have. (Not an unfair policy here: disto keeps $1000 from you but leaves it on your account as a credit for a future purchase)
Still, it was only after unpacking the game and lifting the head, that I was starting to get excited about this game. I'm really impressed with all the artwork etc. Once we got it up and running, we were loving the music, call outs, and especially the videos. They are mostly short snippets, which is cool as I feel you're less likely to get bored for repetition.
The theme cannot be beat. Later on in the evening, as my friend was venting over a couple of unlucky bounces, I was chirping him in my best Yoda voice, advising him that the Force surrounds us... It binds us! Etc, etc. Good times.
The game is not easy by any means, but all of the hpshots seem fair. I did manage a few nice combos back and forth on both ramps, but was missing more shots than I made, for sure.
I'm not content with the fork ramp to the death star at the moment; it has to be a near perfect shot, or it gets rejected. I am hopeful that like many other newer Sterns, the pin needs to be setup just so, or you'll be victim to rejected shots etc.
Similarly to people complaining about SDTM from the ACDC bell, or TWD feed from the pops. While I didn't have those issues, I know they can change simply be raising or lowering the playfield ever so slightly.

Lastly, one of the things that made me so reluctant about this title, was thinking that you need a small computer to help understand the scoring and multipliers. Presently, I'm ignoring them completely and just having fun with the modes and shots. Once I have a better understanding of how they work, I'll look into the scoring etc. You don't need to be a math wiz to enjoy this game!

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

For example, I don’t understand any of the missions or what they do. We basically just hit the action button and keep playing.

When you select the mission, the instructions are on the lcd.
It tells you that you need to shoot ramps, or an orbit, then the tie fighter, etc.
I would suggest taking your time to learn them. Eventually they will be memorized, but for now, read the lcd. That's why it's there.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I played my friend's LE last night. Due to all the negativity surrounding the title, I also approached the game a bit skeptically.
The game is a blast and IMO doesn't feel empty nor sparse. I found myself immersed in the Star Wars world as soon as I hit the start button.
The art work on the pf, cabinet and particularly the translite look better in person than in the pics.
The LCD animations are great and seemed helpful with the rules.
In the settings, we removed the mode stacking which likely simplified things a bit.
We enjoyed choosing a character at the outset and playing the various missions.
During gamelay, it's a fun challenge to control the ball, while using the button to destroy tie fighters.
The hyper loop is very cool in action and a nice addition to the game.
The pin plays fast and furious.
It can be ruthless at times with quick ball drains; but I felt like instead of getting frustrated I simply wanted to quickly start another game. (After a few hours of playing, I had to be kicked out of my friends pad or I would have played it all night...lol).
Overall, I really enjoyed the total package.

Ironic that you were given the boot right after you GC'd the game.
Learn your lesson and maybe you can stay longer next time!

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm just happy to learn that Chambahz has friends.

So am I! Who are the others???

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-a-positive-review?tu=Chambahz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.