SQ_box (resized).jpg
IMG_1219 (resized).JPG
storm-trooper (resized).jpg
ikea (resized).jpg
1trvek (resized).jpg
IMG_2380 (resized).JPG
Boob 3rd grade (resized).jpg
IMG_2426 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tbanthony.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You know it's funny, everyone has been stroking to their "dream themes" for years here, tons of threads aboot them all the time since way before my time. And now that they're actually happening I think it's hard to match the sticky sheets peeps have been dreaming aboot.

I had this issue with Star Trek. The more you like a theme, the more that the theme integration and expectations are raised. I bought Star Trek NIB because I'm a bit of a Trekkie. Holy cow there are things about that game that rub me the wrong way and I sold it. Also though, I didn't really like the SR playfield layout and he really should delete pop bumpers from his tool set at this point -- because how he applies them has become a boring waste of space.

1 week later
#487 6 years ago

These are all opinions so none are wrong. My opinion is that the game is fun and interesting, although I strongly wish they had kept the playfield magnet in the original play-field design. I have no problem with the art. The movies have been around for 40 years. I don't think it's reasonable to expect art that diverges significantly from what we've seen over the last 40 years and I like it better than what is on other older SW pinball machines.

#562 6 years ago

Not surprised about what people say here. At least it is moderated. What is said here is NOTHING compared to what people will say in the comments following news articles on Yahoo. People will say all kinds of things they would never say to peoples' faces. It is a sad commentary on society but true that people will say the worst things when they feel insulated from any repercussions.

1 week later
#641 6 years ago

Last I looked and counted, most recent pins have something like 19 to 22 shots so I don't get the "it doesn't have any shots" line of thinking when there isn't much more than a 10% difference. I suppose upper and lower playfields add to the number of shots on some LE machines but most people seem to like the Pro versions about as well or even better sometimes.

#652 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I wasn't comparing anything to MM. But you're right, that doesn't have a lot of shots.

36 here. And it's just a point, not a pissing contest. If anybody here wants to tell me that the playfield on SW looks as plentiful as this game, I would say you were looking at the eclipse too long today. And BF only has one toy, the Batwing, which is a cannon / interactive part of gameplay. This game isn't crowded with a bunch of meaningless playfield toys, it's crowded with ramps and fun pinball stuff.
And at the end of my post I said I like the game and it's growing on me. But everybody wants to focus on the negative stuff.

I agree it's not a pissing match. I can have an opinion here though since I owned BF for a few years and while it's a widebody loaded up (poor man's STTNG) it left my collection because while it is a good game, it is not a great game which helps make the point that it is not all about shot count. Of course, if you think BF is a great game it is indeed a matter of opinion.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Shore, NY
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tbanthony.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-a-negative-review?tu=tbanthony and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.