SQ_box (resized).jpg
IMG_1219 (resized).JPG
storm-trooper (resized).jpg
ikea (resized).jpg
1trvek (resized).jpg
IMG_2380 (resized).JPG
Boob 3rd grade (resized).jpg
IMG_2426 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phbooms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago

I see you hated GOT Pro with a 3.9 rating, your GOT review almost sounds just like SW review. I sold my GOT pro few days after getting SW because of SW being so similar code and shot feeling wise so id expect for you to hate SW too.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Have you played it yet? I just attended CAX where they had 10+ Pros on the floor and everyone I talked to liked it. I liked it too.

almost 500 plays in and i cant get enough of it...

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I thought the guys that played the Le said it didn't act as a lock. Maybe it's an early code issue, or some other temporary mode they were in, but they said it didn't constantly loop balls like we expected. I guess we'll know for sure very soon as LEs start shipping. If it's not a lock, that just makes my decision that much easier. Hopefully it locks and loops until multi ball starts though.

Im going to guess here on how the hyperloop will work based on my Pro. During hyperspeed multiball will be its main use. When the hyperspeed hurryup shot raises the ramp to hyperloop to start hyperspeed multiball and you shoot a ball up the ramp the ball will enter the hyperloop and kick another ball onto playfield. You can keep adding balls until timer runs out. Each time it makes a loop will count towards Parsecs, parsecs is how hyperspeed multiball is measured/scored. The hyperloop ramp will let more balls enter the loop during hyperspeed multiball until a timer runs out releasing the balls onto the playfield. Then the ramp will let you shoot more balls into the loop starting timer countdown again unless you drain down to 1 ball ending hyperdrive multiball. My best hyperspeed parsecs score is just under 13 parsecs so far.

I think also during Destroy the Deathstar mini wizard for the last shot to destroy deathstsr the ramp for hyperloop will raise letting you shoot a ball into the loop to loop around and "destroy" the deathstar. Im sure there will be other times the hyperloops used but im not sure how or possibly when.

#176 6 years ago

i pretty much hear that saying(the original saying) everytime i play. The Emporor talks to me ALOT! He mocks you the entire time if your getting tilt warnings and he really lays it on you if you tilt. His callouts are the best ones in the game i think. You know the saying if you aint tilting you aint playing...guess im a player!

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

GOT was another missed opportunity for great toys and great art. Instead they decided to strip it, and make it look like total shit. Lyman did what he could to try and save it. But even the best code in the world can't save an uneventful layout. SW feels empty as well. I know stern can be creative in the toy department. Look at POTC. They just don't want to have to think that much anymore.

you mean Dwight not Lyman

1 week later
#491 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Yeah, ball times are extremely long on this one, especially once you start getting to the end of the mode ladders and start hitting multiball after multiball. A 15-20 minute game is pretty common and they can easily go much longer

Just checked my audits. I have 164 games played on .87 code. Many many games over 2 billion with my GC on .87 being 4 billion. ZERO games 15+ minutes and only seven 10-15 minute games out of 164. I think alot of my games are shorter though because of trying to explore each mode fully. On old code i did have a couple marathon games when i was stacking modes though.

#597 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I know many of you will blow this off as a cargument. I work in gaming so its what I can use as an example. EA recently got the Star Wars license and release Battlefront. It is an online shooter and very casual. Star Wars is a license that allows you to grow you market. You have to be daft to make your first release for the hard core. EA already has the hard core, you don't spend all that money on a license to make a game for the people standing in line on release day. You make it a casual game to bring in all those casual gamers. Yes your hard core will complain but it really doesnt matter. Then you release the next game and its takes all those casuals and start the transformation to hard core. Then the next game is hard core.
It was a massive miss to do one pin and not start casual and fun. A new Hope you bring in the masses and sell to a new market. Its fun and easy to play but doesn't offer huge depth. The depth is intentionally a little light because just as people have seen it all in the first pin you drop Empire. It's hard but all those new players are ready for it, by the time you drop Jedi you market is exponentially bigger and you sold everyone three games instead of one. Why Stern can not see or understand this very basic of concepts is beyond me. I'm a pinball guy and they didn't even sell me one pin. They could have sold me three. I know pinballs are more expensive then games. Its just an example. The point is ease of entry and learning curve. Wow the big market first the hard core come later.

I disagree with you. My 7yr old plays my SW pro and understands how the game works. Every game with any kind of depth and breadth to the code takes some time to learn. SW is easy to understand and play if you are open to learning. Oh yeah SW Battlefront 1 sucks hopefully Battlefront 2 kicks ass.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Shore, NY
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 3,699.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Armor and blades
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phbooms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-a-negative-review?tu=phbooms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.