SQ_box (resized).jpg
IMG_1219 (resized).JPG
storm-trooper (resized).jpg
ikea (resized).jpg
1trvek (resized).jpg
IMG_2380 (resized).JPG
Boob 3rd grade (resized).jpg
IMG_2426 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider miguel351.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Not sure where this idea that licensing is expensive is coming from. Historically it was $50 per game.

Five years ago, I'd have to agree that the price for the license would be on par with most everything else. But now that Disney owns Star Wars, all bets are off. I'm sure that license has skyrocketed.

I played it at CAX. It was amazingly easy. Kinda got bored after a bit, honestly. I know it's just a Pro, but it still felt kinda cheap. If it were my company, all the levels of machines would play exactly the same way and have the same playfield shots, ramps, and features. The Premium and LE lines would just have added bling to the outside of the machine, that's it. You know the vast majority of Premiums and LEs are going into homes anyway so why punish the operators with a Pro that is missing gameplay items?

What's interesting(to me anyway) is that later on in the day, I went and played a No Fear. I had never played a NF, but I heard it was also a Ritchie design. Umm, yeah, SW is pretty much the mirror of NF. Now I totally understand why people complain about many of Lawlor's designs all being basically the same game and how they don't like it. They're just not Lawlor fans. If SW and NF are typical Ritchie designs, I guess I'm just not a Ritchie fan. Not saying that other people aren't or shouldn't love SW, its just not my style. It truly is: to each their own.

Edit: Further proving that I failed Pinball History 101, I actually am a bit of a Ritchie fan. I love BK, F14, and STTNG.

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wow. You're better than me. You must have been able to hit that nasty Death Star shot repeatedly. I couldn't get the f-ing thing once.

I was able to hit a number of things fairly well. It wasn't a drain monster, which is nice. But without too much effort, I played one game for about ten minutes and put up just under 500mil points. Got my name in there in a few different places for certain mode champions, too.

It's really not a bad game. In a home collection, you could sit there and play it for a couple hours to rack up a great score, but it's extremely repetitive.

#288 6 years ago

The game is simple. The game is fun. But I think the problem so many are having with it is that it could've been so much more. The DI comparison comes in because it shows how a theme can be fully immersed into a game. DI is a "nothing" theme. By that I mean that nobody knows it, it has no cachet, it has no history in pop culture. But, hey, the game kicks ass and nobody can complain about the lack of features on it. Everything from the light show to the LCD animations are all top notch.

Then Stern comes out with what is probably the third or fourth most recognized IP on the planet and to a lot of us, it's a swing and a miss. Where is the Force in this game? How do you not put magnets in the playfield somewhere that you can control with the flipper buttons or even the "action" button? Mistake #1, if you ask me. Make it an outlane ball save feature a la BK, that's a Ritchie thing, that would've been easy and a nice call-back. If these kind of features exist only exist on the Premium and/or LE, then Stern needs to make sure that at any show where the game is available to play, there needs to be one of each because the Pro just ain't cuttin' it. Honestly, the Pro felt like the BDK they sold at Costco.

#318 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Nothing has gotten more expensive. It's just because they raise the price to test the waters, and you guys line up and tell them, "thank you sir...may I have another".

I don't know about where you live, but in my city, the EXACT same thing can be said about the housing market over the past 4 years. Prices are now as high or higher than before the crash of '08-'09. Inflation doesn't move that quickly, we're headed for another crash.

#320 6 years ago

95c6d2e44bc716d5f5aa106de2574371d5b349842efdb2468a1d2eb9d4ab9a67 (resized).jpg95c6d2e44bc716d5f5aa106de2574371d5b349842efdb2468a1d2eb9d4ab9a67 (resized).jpg

#475 6 years ago

SW shoots really well, especially compare to GB. GB is great to look at but, man, that game is tough. Every time I've played it, it's been a drain monster, too. I need more time on it, I guess.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 21.50
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider miguel351.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-a-negative-review?tu=miguel351 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.