SQ_box (resized).jpg
IMG_1219 (resized).JPG
storm-trooper (resized).jpg
ikea (resized).jpg
1trvek (resized).jpg
IMG_2380 (resized).JPG
Boob 3rd grade (resized).jpg
IMG_2426 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lamprey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#315 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you think NIB MET or KISS is going to be same as NIB SW? if so, no wonder they are not flying off the shelf. What would be the justification for that much of a price increase on a game you know damn well they can crank out for cheaper.

No need to think, just call your distro and find out.

To answer your other question, profit.

PS - make sure you are sitting down when you call..

#352 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What? no one is getting drawn into DE SW due to the bouncing R2, half DStar and fun looking spiral ramp over Stern version. Come on man, not sure how you could state that without it being a joke but hey to each his own.

This is only a couple of hours of observation at my local barcade and I assume the new SW gets more play overall. But, they have the DE SW and the Stern SW with one other machine between them. Over the couple of hours I was there last time, the DE SW appeared to be getting more plays. In fact, SW seemed to be one of the least played games there. Again, only a couple of hours of casual observation, but there might be something to what CaptainNeo is saying.

#416 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This, exactly. Tron has, like, NO toys on it. The only "toy" is a spinning disc behind a motorized target bank. And that game is the absolute shit (was playing it with my daughter tonight and said it would never leave). People have modded the hell out of that game (like mine is) to make it prettier. But it's still a great playing game even without the toys.
I don't know why we've reached a point where toys equals value in pinball. It's like everybody has turned into @panzerfreak--a great dude who took a lot of shit for always talking about toys. But now everybody is talking like him. Not every game has to be DI or WOZ to be great. Some, like AFM or Tron, are great simply in their concept and playfield design.
I still think SW is a lot of fun in the short time I played it, and I look forward to my LE.

I assume you are posting this because people have mentioned the BOM and how sparse the playfield is. And while that may be true, it's not the entire issue.

If you compare it to something like Alien, it just doesn't hold a candle to the "world under the glass" and immersion. If you look at Alien it doesn't have a lot of toys. In fact, it has a fairly similar amount of toys. The notable exception is that the Xeno head acts like a bash toy unlike the Death Star. So, it feels like it has more because you are interacting with it. Ultimately, Alien really pulled me into its universe and makes me want to come back for more!

I'm guessing things may be get better as the code evolves, but I just don't feel like I'm pulled into the Star Wars universe. It feels too generic. Yeah it has a bunch of modes, but they aren't satisfying or immersive to me. Kind of like a Hobbit lite. This is the big thing for me: not being pull into the Star War universe. I don't know if code can save it, it might help though.

Don't get me wrong, to me, it's a good game but, it's not a great game. Unfortunately, I don't think code can make it great due to the physical layout constrains.

#519 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

My guess is Stern obtained the license last minute(because rumors of JJP was going to obtain it first). Then after obtaining license Gary turns to Steve and says " Can you put something together for Star Wars in a 6 month time frame?" Steve replies " Yes I can do it but I will need to modify one of my already designed machines like AC/DC. With the coding for the new LCD it could take more time but we can release it to the public with beta code and let our customers be beta testers." I keed I keed

I know you kid, but I wonder how close to the truth that actually might be...? Sadly, we will probably never know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lamprey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-a-negative-review?tu=lamprey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.