SQ_box (resized).jpg
IMG_1219 (resized).JPG
storm-trooper (resized).jpg
ikea (resized).jpg
1trvek (resized).jpg
IMG_2380 (resized).JPG
Boob 3rd grade (resized).jpg
IMG_2426 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawkeyepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I played a pro version on location for a couple hours and managed to put up enough points for "grand champion". The whole experience was hollow.

I like the speed and parts of the flow of the game. I was able to maintain long ball times. The hurry up modes we're amusing. That's the extent of anything positive for me.

The bumpers are blocked by the small screen feature. The mode choices don't change the structure of the playfield which seems to be missing any real stand out feature. Nothing moves other than a tie fighter that kind of bobbles. It's almost as stationary as RBION is.

I enjoyed seeing some movie clips but the cranked volume highlighted some really mumbled call outs and if IM is described as stripped down, then this playfield should be termed stark raving nude and about half as fun.

To me, this is a dull game with very dull artwork and would get old very quickly in a small collection. The shots are repetitive and combos , bonuses etc aren't very satisfying to achieve given it's lackluster light, point and sound integration.

I had high hopes for this game and will say most recent Stern's are much more fun including AS, Met, IM, ST, GB, X-Men etc.

On a fun factor level - a little better than Avatar and probably nearing Transformers in my opinion. Sooooo much more creativity could have been used here. I forced myself to stay with it given its repetitiveness but after 2 hours of searching for something to trigger that "just one more game feel", I was more than content to move on.

I feel bad posting this for those waiting for their first NIB pin. If you're a huge fan like me (had all the star wars figures including the mail away Boba Fett) then this game may be a let down. I imagine a lot of these will be hitting the secondary market shortly.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

This is STERN's way of business. All pro's now and in the future will have as minimal features as possible. They will sock it to the Premium and LE buyers who get the games fully featured. IMHO LE's are the biggest rip off.
Right now the difference between Premium and LE is cosmetic, that is going to change. It's only a matter of time before the Premium is no longer the same playing game as the LE. The Pro's are becoming the failed "Costco" version, the Premiums will become what the Pro's used to be, and the LE and Super LE will become the new Premium and LE.

IMO, the super le would need to change multiple elements of this game to be on par from a fun perspective to recent Sterns

#5 6 years ago

I was fortunate enough to have a DI about 4 machines away to compare the two. It was clear where the extra 2500 bucks went. DI just had much more interesting things to do and an excellent light integration. I'm not a jjp fanboy and always preferred Stern.

If there ever was a game primed for a playfield pop up, magnets or centered bash toy, clearly star wars was that game but it seemed like an opportunity was missed sadly.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I see you hated GOT Pro with a 3.9 rating, your GOT review almost sounds just like SW review. I sold my GOT pro few days after getting SW because of SW being so similar code and shot feeling wise so id expect for you to hate SW too.

I don't hate SW pro or GOT pro. I hate Monopoly. I do like SW better than GOT but likely theme has a lot to do with that. Both seem kind of barren. Given the following, both titles could have used more bling but maybe it's a margin issue with Stern.

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I'm not surprised the OP doesn't like SW. None of his earlier recommendations made it into the pin:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-star-wars

Lol! Forgot about that one!!!!

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Write a review and I'll let you know if you are in "The Players Club" like Telly Savalas.
hint: if your review is basically about the lack of toys, "wow factor," magic, innovation, and complaints about how it isn't like "The Hobbit"...you probably aren't a player.

What's a "player"? I thought this was a pinball forum. Am I wrong?

#177 6 years ago

What's the difference between a "player" and a "Pinsider" that he's referencing?

Please God tell me there's some criterion used where one ascends to "player" status - roflmao!
I need to see this! "SW is an awesome game but you wouldn't understand....it's a player thing."

Seriously, is it guys who play in tournaments? If so, where can I find footage of these athletes that mere nerds tremble in the presence of?

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well you sound like a player if you don't know the diff'rence. You sound upset but this is kind of a real thing...I think we even used to have a whole foxworthy "you might be a Pinsider if..." type thing going at some point.
My guess is you think most people would say they are a player when in fact that isn't the case. You have a sustantial number of people that enjoy the tinkering & fixing more than playing. The newer breed are even more so interested in modding even before playing.
So it's not really as outlandish as you're making it sound.

Well Crazy Levi said he thinks there's only 20 players in here (Pinside). Is there a definition? I'm absolutely not upset but rather completely amused and intrigued.

#264 6 years ago

Certainly the last couple of Stern's have been very polarizing. In my opinion, GB is more enjoyable.

#330 6 years ago

I like turtles.

#446 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

From an operator viewpoint, not good. But since when are the masses correct. Ironman is pretty bare and brutal, but it's a great game. Star Wars is as good or better than ironman. Same build quality.

IM has the monger and a couple magnets which, IMO really increases the fun factor. Star Wars doesn't really have those and any one of those could help it.

#480 6 years ago

I don't know. Ghostbusters is a tough pin I want to play longer. SW has long ball times I feel like walking away from.

#578 6 years ago

1. Players who really like speed and loops might really enjoy this pin.
2. Folks who want to add to a SW theme they have will find SOMETHING they really like.
3. First time NIB owners have nothing to worry about IMO as demand will be around if they ever want to sell. Their family likely will enjoy it. Don't sweat it. My opinion is just that.
4. I don't think code updates will impact players disappointed in the "wow" factor. Sorry
5. Stern makes great games. This one didn't ring MY bell. It might ring yours.

Lastly, I might THINK I'm a Boba Fett, but I probably ACT like an Ithorian and possibly RESEMBLE a Transdoshan.

#623 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Just about the only reason I gave a thumbs down to the OP is that he stated GB is more fun than SW. A kick in the nuts is more fun than playing GB, IMHO.

I did say that yes. I still like GB. I think SW is much faster yet I don't have the desire to play it for just one more game like I do GB

Also, some places charge extra for a swift kick to the Jimmy sack if you're into that sort of thing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawkeyepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-a-negative-review?tu=hawkeyepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.