SQ_box (resized).jpg
IMG_1219 (resized).JPG
storm-trooper (resized).jpg
ikea (resized).jpg
1trvek (resized).jpg
IMG_2380 (resized).JPG
Boob 3rd grade (resized).jpg
IMG_2426 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And SW is ground zero for this one now. Besides all the replacement, ghosting, & code concern (all legit), A lot was it didn't look they way it wanted to, "I always imagined an AT-AT would be there wouldn't that be cool?" "holy cow you want me to multiply things and hit a 3rd button" turn offs before you touch the goddamn thing.

Practicing for Star Wars multipliers...

http://j.gifs.com/vqer3j.gif

press (resized).pngpress (resized).png

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why anybody would come to Pinside for a review on a game is beyond me. The vast majority of pinsiders CAN literally look at a photo of a game or watch a little video and decide if it's a game for them. The vast majority of reviews here provide little more insight than a photo or a flyer.
Players will like this game. So that's like 20 of you.
Pinsiders? Who the Hell knows. I've given up trying to figure out what makes your average Pinsider tick when it comes to what they like in a pinball machine.

I'd love to know who the 20 are, makin' their mommas so proud!

As to the rest of us, c'mon guys, PLAY BETTER!

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Write a review and I'll let you know if you are in "The Players Club" like Telly Savalas.
hint: if your review is basically about the lack of toys, "wow factor," magic, innovation, and complaints about how it isn't like "The Hobbit"...you probably aren't a player.

telly (resized).jpgtelly (resized).jpg

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I read it as 20 players in this thread, as he mentions Pinside separately after

Nah, it's all Pinsiders, sans the 20 "players" (or playas?). It's painted with a nice, broad brush.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why anybody would come to Pinside for a review on a game is beyond me. The vast majority of pinsiders CAN literally look at a photo of a game or watch a little video and decide if it's a game for them. The vast majority of reviews here provide little more insight than a photo or a flyer.

Players will like this game. So that's like 20 of you.

Pinsiders? Who the Hell knows. I've given up trying to figure out what makes your average Pinsider tick when it comes to what they like in a pinball machine.

#250 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I can tell you that war of the ents (which I call baked potato toss), gives 500,000 for each direct hit and 750000 for each orbit enter. that's all I know. But I've only owned it since 2007.

Yeah, but to Hero's point, do you want to finish the mode with any hit possible and get a Gift, or would you rather not finish the mode, but score more points with only orbit shots?

Most people are not going to play for the latter.

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

The game is so bad there is now a Jar Jar Binks mod to make it even worse.

Or better ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#271 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It is criminal how bad a miss Star Wars is. It's like no one that worked on it gets Star Wars at all, not even a little bit. I'm not a huge fan but I have seen the movies I understand whats going on and why people love it. I don't watch the animated series or read the comic books, the prequels are terrible. I'm just your average guy and I had the lunch box because I'm that age. One look at the damage on the playfield and I knew this was not going to be good. The choice in Star Wars is the standard Light vs Dark, that is what you choose and it is the basis for everything. You don't pick the character, you pick if you want to be the good guys or the bad guys. Then you earn stuff. You don't just get to be Han Solo, you pick the good guys and earn that kick ass moment. Then you don't pick what scene you want to play! You pick the system, Hoth, Endor, Dagobah... has no one at Stern seen one of these movies? The game should have a story mode that you progress in order or a pic your system mode. At home I would make so you can't pick a system till you achieve it in the story but obviously on route its better to give variation. Then I expect to see "In a galaxy far far away" and I cheesy pan or dissolve! Again has no one seen one of these films at Stern. I could honestly go on forever and I seriously recommend you get some real hands on time with the machine before putting any money down. This is not Star Wars, this is the cash grab Ewok TV special and I mean that in all areas, from code, to the UI, gameplay, it is just not there.
One important thing, there is something wrong with the drop targets. The ball gets on top of them then launched up into the glass and bounces down leaving craters in the playfield. If I owned one at home I would get that sorted out because I only played a handful of games and it happened leaving a divot in the playfield that would have had me hoping no one saw if I was on a golf course.

Craters are the new normal.

Quoted from grimboys:

However, given how pretty much every Stern game based off a movie (GB, LOTR, SM, TRON, AVATAR,.. just to name a few) have always made the modes as some recreation of a scene, it doesn't make sense for stern to make this a "create your own adventure" machine. What your describing is a RPG type pinball in which it follows none of the original trilogy story and does not utilize any of the scenes found in the movies which would even further drive the casual audience away from this machine.

All this talk of reviews. I personally like seeing a review from a "Player", but if it's someone who would never buy the game, it doesn't mean as much. Home collectors are better. Is your order in? Did you finish it? Did it last 3 months or 3 years in the collection? Those are important to take into account for me personally.

#472 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don't know GB too well either but it looks 10x more feature packed.

GB is kind of like going to IKEA. Seems like a good idea. There's SO much stuff. Seems cool.

Then you get there and it's super crowded, nothing is available, people have no idea where to walk and in 10 minutes you want to get the hell out of there.

ikea (resized).jpgikea (resized).jpg

#620 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No I have not, very familiar with GOT so looking forward to seeing how it works. I didn't see anything overly annoying on the streams so far.

Strategy holmes...it's in every game

Most games have strategy. Star Wars has...

IMG_0201 (resized).PNGIMG_0201 (resized).PNG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-a-negative-review?tu=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.