SQ_box (resized).jpg
IMG_1219 (resized).JPG
storm-trooper (resized).jpg
ikea (resized).jpg
1trvek (resized).jpg
IMG_2380 (resized).JPG
Boob 3rd grade (resized).jpg
IMG_2426 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

What's a "player"?

Ask Big Pun. As for me, I'm not a player I just f@#k a lot.

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He's basically become a sychophant: "If it's pinball, it's good". It's possible to be a "player" and think this (or any) game sucks. It's possible to be a player and not enjoy it for any variety of reasons. We all look for something different in a game that defines whether it's fun to us. If you like SW, cool. If you don't, that doesn't mean Levi gets to dictate how you're defined within the world of pinball.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion of SW for sure. And I don't automatically value the opinion of a nationals-level player over all others because hey, I'm not a nationals-level player either (though I respect that he knows and plays pinball far better than I do and is likely to have some interesting insights on the game).

But Levi's not a "sycophant" - that implies he's kissing up to Stern (and/or JJP since he also likes DI?) with the expectation of some future payoff, which I doubt is what you really meant.

Also, Levi clearly doesn't love all pinball, see his popular SFII thread for one example.

#473 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don't know GB too well either but it looks 10x more feature packed.

Sounds like GB's the machine for you then, and given its current "popularity" you should be able to scoop one up on the cheap.

Quoted from Guinnesstime:

GB is kind of like going to IKEA. Seems like a good idea. There's SO much stuff. Seems cool.
Then you get there and it's super crowded, nothing is available, people have no idea where to walk and in 10 minutes you want to get the hell out of there.

You left out the lingonberry juice and tiny meatballs.

#500 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Definitely...this "argument" is useless. I've played about 25 games now on SW pro total, between Pintastic and a buddy that has one, and I've had some really long ball times, and some SDTM's that made for short games.

I assume you're talking about poor adjustment of the auto-launcher and VUK when you mention SDTM drains, but game design is also a crucial element in SDTM drains -- FT with lighting flippers, GB with wide flipper gap, and SM with center post are extreme examples, but there's a wide variance in how safe bricked shots are on all games. Overall, that's going to have a serious impact on length of game and how people perceive the game (a long battle vs. a short brutal one).

I haven't looked at stats like this for other games, so maybe the distribution is the same for all games. But assuming everyone's not entirely full of shit about game length (e.g. the common wisdom that LOTR and SM have long ball times and IM does not), looking at these stats from a routed game is actually pretty interesting.

#502 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I have no idea how people are only having 2 minute (or less) games on this thing. Little kids, maybe?

If 80% of his customers are little kids, that would be great news for the graying hobby of pinball.

#606 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

You guys like Star Wars and that's great. It is clear that many people have issues with it. The people that don't like it still count. When you get this type of feedback at the volume that it is coming in, it has validity. You guys can blow it all off and say things like well play a game before 1980 or well my 7yr old can figure it out. That actually provides nothing. It could have been much better, hopefully as the code matures they will clean it up and make it more approachable and fun for the masses. I'm not a hardcore player, I'm in it for fun I could care less what the guy next to me score. Right now I do not enjoy the experience. Its not about I like it so I'm right you don't like it so you are wrong.

It's cool, some games just aren't going to work for some players. Luckily for Stern they pump out several games a year so they have a chance to earn your quarters with the next title, whatever it is. I get the sense that you like the SW theme and you're bummed that they didn't design the SW game you'd hoped for, which is understandable. But hey, at least you've got a couple of other SW themed games to chose from!

My hunch is that SW will be a solid seller for Stern. While there's been a fair amount of negative reaction, it seems pretty similar to the early split of love/hate that other recent Stern titles have received. Will be interesting to see what people are saying about it in a year or two, and how it performs for operators.

#607 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

At 20 cents a game (yeah we are lucky)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-a-negative-review?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.