SQ_box (resized).jpg
IMG_1219 (resized).JPG
storm-trooper (resized).jpg
ikea (resized).jpg
1trvek (resized).jpg
IMG_2380 (resized).JPG
Boob 3rd grade (resized).jpg
IMG_2426 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnapac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#445 6 years ago

It is what it is. I think this is a great pinball. Unfortunately for Star Wars, it is put on such a high pedestal, people will always want more, and lament at how much better it could've been...4 previous "what-ifs" to prove my point. If Stern supports the code, it could elevate this pin. The other major part of this is the mods. I have complete confidence in the ingenuity of the people creating mods for this pin to put it over the top...some hate mods (even a forum to get rid of them), but the right mods really enhance the experience...something you don't get when playing a game on route.

#554 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Well, we used to have the Stern fanboys that would defend anything Stern to the point of being obsessive.. why do you think we don't see that anymore? Because they have raised prices on every single release while cheapening their product over and over again. I don't care what hobby you are in, when you do that, you better at least be producing quality. They aren't, and they're thumbing their nose up at us. Add to that ridiculous pricing on toppers, aprons ($100 for a plastic apron?), abandoned code, splitting cabinets, ghosting playfields, etc., etc., and just about "everyone" on here has been negatively impacted. So you ask why "everyone" isn't happy?

I get it. People see Stern as jacking prices and cheapening the product. Many businesses do this. If they get out of the sweet spot, they adjust or decrease their base. But the people who are not happy with Stern are over the top. Raw anger and hate. When Stern is named, the venom spewed is really too much. I want to see Stern succeed...just like the other pin makers out there. Constructive criticism is ok, but most of what I see on pinside is not constructive. If you don't like them...don't buy them.

1 week later
#650 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I really enjoy tspp. I'm more into lots of unique shots each with a purpose. That game uses every shot evenly and is alot of fun. If it was reskinned as star wars I could see it being more of a hit.
The star wars theme (imo) should have been more of an adventure style game than a race to me. Not saying I don't like fast and flowy games (loved my acdc pro), but the theme just doesn't match the play style. That's just me and I know there is alot of people who don't like tspp because it is to much stop and go with alot going on. Just giving my opinion. Still a fun game, just a little disappointed.

Respect you totally...but Star Wars, for me, is adrenaline...I think Stern got this right. I will admit that I haven't played it yet, but have a premium coming. TSPP is a blast to play, and someday I hope to own one, but Star Wars for me is not slow, and strategic, it's balls-to-the-walls! "You're all clear kid. Now let's blow this thing and go home." BOOM!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 21.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnapac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-a-negative-review?tu=dnapac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.