SQ_box (resized).jpg
IMG_1219 (resized).JPG
storm-trooper (resized).jpg
ikea (resized).jpg
1trvek (resized).jpg
IMG_2380 (resized).JPG
Boob 3rd grade (resized).jpg
IMG_2426 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Khabbi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#409 6 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I finally got to play a SW Pro today and I hate to repeat what everyone else is saying, but wow this game is underwhelming. A "tie Fighter on a springy stick"? Really? Is this the best we can do in 2017 for a toy? LMAO! Just seems amazingly ridiculous. This title deserved the kitchen sink thrown at it.
Solidified my order of DI and with the last couple of Stern releases, I will be keeping my Hobbit- it has quality, toys, and killer code. Bought it used for $6900 and now it seems like a smoking deal.
Can't wait for the next JJP release also, they seem to be raising the bar while stern lowers it!

While I haven't played SW yet, this is exactly how I feel, even with Hobbit. I had mine up for sale at $6700 and pulled it off the market after seeing SW. Glad it didn't sell!!

#448 6 years ago

IM was made when Pinball was slowing down and Stern was short on money, if I recall correctly. Same with Avatar. Those playfields were sparse because of the time they were produced. In this current time, Pinball is at an all time high, prices have soared and one would think profits are much higher (more machines being sold, less on playfield=more profit, $500 plastic toppers, etc.), and technology has advanced.. that's why I think SW should/could have been a Killer offering.

#550 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Fun?! Dude this is Pinside. It is more fun for folks to bitch and complain.
This is not even a pinball site anymore.

Bitch and complain? How about we are all very passionate about our hobby and feel connected enough to give critical feedback on products without blindly accepting whatever a manufacturer pushes at us? I think we all expect reasonable progress, especially with prices being increased, not cost-cutting, bare bones products that we are supposed to praise because it's a cool title.

#553 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

and I respectfully disagree. Pinside has gone well beyond "passionate", nearly to the point of "obsessive" or "deranged".
I honestly have come to the opinion that Stern will never be viewed positively on this website, because they cant make games good enough to fill some peoples' empty lives. To me, it's past frustrating, and now reached the level of "just plain sad".
If you're not convinced, buy any new title, and have your friends over to play it. Listen to not only WHAT they say, (love it or hate it), but HOW they say it. Now compare that to most Pinside threads. In person, people may make a few comments if they're not thrilled, but they will be respectful (should be, anyway!). On Pinside, it's nothing to insult each other or absolutely slam pretty much any manufacturer, even if you've never had problems yourself. If as much as anyone else has had issues... look out!
Sad honestly because the people that (in my opinion) are entitled to hate pinball, or think that I'm crazy for spending any amount of a machine AREN'T other owners; it's those who haven't got a clue how great this hobby can be -or understand some of the great people you can actually meet by being a part of it.

Well, we used to have the Stern fanboys that would defend anything Stern to the point of being obsessive.. why do you think we don't see that anymore? Because they have raised prices on every single release while cheapening their product over and over again. I don't care what hobby you are in, when you do that, you better at least be producing quality. They aren't, and they're thumbing their nose up at us. Add to that ridiculous pricing on toppers, aprons ($100 for a plastic apron?), abandoned code, splitting cabinets, ghosting playfields, etc., etc., and just about "everyone" on here has been negatively impacted. So you ask why "everyone" isn't happy?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Khabbi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-a-negative-review?tu=Khabbi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.