SQ_box (resized).jpg
IMG_1219 (resized).JPG
storm-trooper (resized).jpg
ikea (resized).jpg
1trvek (resized).jpg
IMG_2380 (resized).JPG
Boob 3rd grade (resized).jpg
IMG_2426 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Apollyon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I was even thinking the hyper loop would be cool at least, but now it sounds like it doesn't even act as a ball lock.

The hyper loop does act as a ball lock on the premium / LE.

#228 6 years ago

I'm a "playah". Does that count for anything?

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

But a game shouldn't be that complicated to figure out for the casual or average player. Deep code is good for pin enthusiasts and home collectors, but you need to balance it off. Stern is missing this point.

This just isn't accurate at all. There are multiple screens telling you what to shoot in Star Wars and lit inserts. At the start of the game if you haven't got any modes ready, you hit a shot and the BIG SCREEN tells you how many more shots to start the mode. Start a mode and there are detailed instructions on what do do in the mode. Then in the mode there is more info on the screen summarizing what you need to do. And the shots are color coded and lit. And there are detailed screens of info in the instant info. Like, what more is Stern supposed to do for you? Make she shots for you?

Walk up to almost ANY other pin. What games possibly do more to walk you through the game? Even simple rule games like Tron and IM don't spell it out any better. Its pinball. Hit the flashing shots.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#363 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

No, it's a confusing mess. Watching people play, almost nobody knows about the multipliers without being told, nobody understands what's lit for what (shots have crap stacked up on them 3-4 things deep), and there's inadequate indication for all sorts of other stuff.
Without being told, who could figure out how to add a ball in multiball? Who would know what the thumping sounds meant? There are lots of things that are either not well conveyed or are outright confusing.

By this logic, ACDC is way more than outright confusing as nothing is spelled out for you on the playfield or DMD. I guess its worse than a confusing mess. It must be the worst code ever.

#375 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Some people don't need to be told exactly what to shoot at. ACDC is far from confusing to play. Shot the shot that activates the songs scoring & then shoot the flashing lights. Is that really that hard to comprehend???

I wasn't meaning AC/DC is that hard to understand. Merely comparing that games with deep rules don't always spell out exactly what to do.

#377 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I respect your opinion, but it's an accurate statement. Watch the Jack Danger video if it's still up. He was trying to figure out how in the hell do you start certain modes listed on the playfield. Some things were lit up to shoot at, sure, but he was trying to advance the game and was struggling how to activate and what to shoot for. So was everyone else on the the stream. So I wasn't alone in this observation.

It's ok to call me stupid, but I agree with Rarehero on this one. I've played GOT more than 20 times and have a friend who owns one walk me through. I still can't walk up to it on my own and understand the damn thing. Yup, I'm stupid I guess. That's a game I REALLY wanted to like. Sadly, just don't get it.

Respectfully disagree. I own an AC/DC and for the average player it lights up and calls out shots very specifically. Easy to understand, start a song, song has specific shots lit up, etc. Now, I still don't know backstage pass and all the advanced goodies in the code Lyman programmed. But you know what? That's ok. It's a beautiful blend of code that works for someone just walking up to it and for the advanced players that know more and can go very deep. Maybe SW will gain that balance in code over time. I'm rooting for it to.

I appreciate your response. We can agree to disagree I guess. I really don't find SW hard to get what to shoot for. Seems quite intuitive. And the display gives a lot of advice.

If I remember correctly there is one part where Jack didn't know what to hit. I think it's the mode where there are not coloured lit shots. You have to hit either the tie fighter stand ups which are lit or the force targets. For these two parts of those modes I agree it's not clear what to shoot for.

At the end of the day, not all games are for everyone. I can respect that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models
Plastics
$ 49.99
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 3,699.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Shore, NY
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Apollyon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-a-negative-review?tu=Apollyon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.