Topic Stats

• 674 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Psw757
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1884 (resized).JPG
see what you did there (resized).jpg
PastedGraphic-1-1 (resized).png
Screenshot_20170814-221033 (resized).jpg
b_and_b___dorks_to_the_future_by_stabkamay-d3aivt0 (resized).png
IMG_0201 (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20170814-111345 (resized).jpg
SW_2 (resized).jpg
SQ_box (resized).jpg
IMG_1219 (resized).JPG
storm-trooper (resized).jpg
ikea (resized).jpg
1trvek (resized).jpg
IMG_2380 (resized).JPG
Boob 3rd grade (resized).jpg
IMG_2426 (resized).PNG

There are 674 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 14.
#301 2 years ago

#302 2 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Once it starts to fall off at one location, it goes to another location, rinse, repeat. It will crush for a long time.
How beat up? Probably look like all my games after 10,000 plays. Good.
Resale will be the same as all other newer Sterns. Unless you think I'll get less than the 5K stern Indy's and 5K C list B/W that have been selling up here.

Yeah I don't route but I assume there is a point that you sell the game and invest is something else. Even if I loved it the playfield would scare me away. I know people say dimpling is normal but the one I played looked really bad already and I saw for myself the ball coming down off the glass and leaving a serious divot. If I was a kid in an arcade back in the day I would have booked it out of there. It was loud and left damage I instinctively looked around with a it wasn't my fault look on my face.

P.S. The market always changes so I have no idea what you will get for one of these used. I know I paid 5K CAD for my routed but perfect AC/DC Pro and at the time I thought it was a great deal. I think Star Wars is going to go for a little less than average because of the quality.

#303 2 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Once it starts to fall off at one location, it goes to another location, rinse, repeat. It will crush for a long time.
Resale will be the same as all other newer Sterns. Unless you think I'll get less than the 5K stern Indy's and 5K C list B/W that have been selling up here.

No, I can understand that. I mean...it is Star Wars. And the last SW pin before this one was released way back in 1997...20 years ago when I still walked to school in 3 feet of snow with a sack of potatoes on my back. People who like Star Wars in general, whether they like pinball or not, will flock to it. I was merely making reference to laypeople being unable or unwilling to understand the rule set, multipliers and modes. Most people that play games on location just bat the ball around aimlessly, or you get actual pinballers who can't afford or don't want to buy the game for home use who will pump a decent amount of quarters into it.

Quoted from smokedog:

I've heard the pin prices up there are ridiculous, so I'm sure they are fetching those prices. Down here in the USA used routed C list B/W games are not fetching $5k...not even close.

#306 2 years ago

Curious, and I hate to get involved, but I see nothing in his statement that relates to gender.

Carry on.

#307 2 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Curious, and I hate to get involved, but I see nothing in his statement that relates to gender.
Carry on.

Popcorn Mike (resized).jpg

#308 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Im going to cancel my LE order. Too many negative reviews. Im knew to pinball and have buying machines like crazy.. but one thing I finally have damn realized.. is you can always get one later.. they are always available.
Mo!

Glad you learned this early on. Like my old man used to say "there's always another one"... usually in response to me excitedly saying this is the LAST one I can find! lol

#309 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A JJP game has to be brought in for comparison in EVERY Stern thread. I believe this is in the Pinside TOS.

DI has like five magnets!

#310 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I think you missed the whole stern price increase over the past few games? Pro's are 5300 shipped now, premiums are 7200.

Last game I bought was Ghostbusters. but Stern is still making MET, Kiss and some others. Those prices have to still be NIB the same as they were when they were released. Which were sub $4700 range easy.

#311 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

but Stern is still making MET, Kiss and some others. Those prices have to still be NIB the same as they were when they were released.

They do? Can you walk in a get a NIB MET for $4300?

#312 2 years ago

you think NIB MET or KISS is going to be same as NIB SW? if so, no wonder they are not flying off the shelf. What would be the justification for that much of a price increase on a game you know damn well they can crank out for cheaper.

#313 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you think NIB MET or KISS is going to be same as NIB SW?

I really don't know.
Actually it would be a bit more than 4300 as my MET was the original before they changed to LED.

#314 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Last game I bought was Ghostbusters. but Stern is still making MET, Kiss and some others. Those prices have to still be NIB the same as they were when they were released. Which were sub $4700 range easy.

Unfortunately that's just not the case. Several price increases have hit distributors since then. Even the older pros are $5,000 - $5100.

#315 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you think NIB MET or KISS is going to be same as NIB SW? if so, no wonder they are not flying off the shelf. What would be the justification for that much of a price increase on a game you know damn well they can crank out for cheaper.

No need to think, just call your distro and find out.

To answer your other question, profit.

PS - make sure you are sitting down when you call..

#316 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I called for a buddy of mine for a NIB met pro on July 13th and was quoted $5095

#317 2 years ago

that's ridiculous. $700 more for a game you could buy for $4300 barely 2 years ago, or even sooner? Parts didn't go up. You know they have the parts there from when they ran it the first time. Nothing has gotten more expensive. It's just because they raise the price to test the waters, and you guys line up and tell them, "thank you sir...may I have another".

#318 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Nothing has gotten more expensive. It's just because they raise the price to test the waters, and you guys line up and tell them, "thank you sir...may I have another".

I don't know about where you live, but in my city, the EXACT same thing can be said about the housing market over the past 4 years. Prices are now as high or higher than before the crash of '08-'09. Inflation doesn't move that quickly, we're headed for another crash.

#319 2 years ago

here it's the opposite. The last 4 years, houses have dropped about 25%

#320 2 years ago

95c6d2e44bc716d5f5aa106de2574371d5b349842efdb2468a1d2eb9d4ab9a67 (resized).jpg

#321 2 years ago

actually right now since i'm a top 1000 ranked IFPA member I get get a new premium for pretty damn cheap. and a pro for under 4800. I can take my pick of any of the 5 games they have available.

#322 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

actually right now since i'm a top 1000 ranked IFPA member I get get a new premium for pretty damn cheap. and a pro for under 4800. I can take my pick of any of the 5 games they have available.

Wow where are those deals? I haven't played in a year and I'm still under 1000

Well that hyperspace loop loops some balls around in a circle.

#323 2 years ago

it's actually on the IFPA website. You get factory direct pricing once a year if you are top 1000.

#324 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it's actually on the IFPA website. You get factory direct pricing once a year if you are top 1000.

Wow. Had no idea. Time to practice.

#325 2 years ago

https://www.ifpapinball.com/menu/sternrewardsprogram/

lol, never noticed this before... i'm now in the 400th places and was higher the few years before
do you think i can ask STERN a cashback for one/all of the NIB i bought past years !?

OUPS

#326 2 years ago

Better get a move on

Qualified players will have until December 31st, 2016 to redeem their rewards from 2015. After that date all rewards for 2015 will expire. Qualified players can redeem their rewards by contacting the IFPA. (Any 2016 rewards winners have until August 15th 2017 to redeem their reward)

#327 2 years ago

prices are really good too. I could have saved a bunch ordering my GB premium through IFPA

#328 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

prices are really good too. I could have saved a bunch ordering my GB premium through IFPA

The prices are great through IFPA but you have to wait to get the latest games. They only recently started carrying GB and will not likely offer Star Wars until next year sometime. But patience is a good thing to have as games will be better giving the code time to develop. I may pick up a SW Pro once it is available through the program.

#329 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Better get a move on
Qualified players will have until December 31st, 2016 to redeem their rewards from 2015. After that date all rewards for 2015 will expire. Qualified players can redeem their rewards by contacting the IFPA. (Any 2016 rewards winners have until August 15th 2017 to redeem their reward)

was kidding of course, i know i can forget it

#330 2 years ago

I like turtles.

#331 2 years ago

Star Wars turtles?

IMG_6016 (resized).JPG

#332 2 years ago

Almost bought srar wars at replsyfx, ended up backing out and getting aerosmith pro, I tried to like sw, not saying it's all bad, but play field has so little going on , not sure design is that great. This could have been anygane. I feel like they just game a game and labeled sw on it

#333 2 years ago

Should have been way more given the scope of the license. Layout designed to drain the ball worse than GhostBusters without $300 worth of added mods.

#334 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

This could have been anygane

That is what I saw when I first looked at the pictures. It is a hyped upped
general layout with a Star Wars overlay.

#335 2 years ago

Made this right when Stern released pictures of the game....

IMG_2426 (resized).PNG

#336 2 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

R u posting this in every SW thread? its bad and even worse is making me look at a Drake. Stern SW makes DE SW look like a pile of manure.

#337 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Stern SW makes DE SW look like a pile of manure.

You really can not say that due to the fact Data East never got to complete the game because
of William's law suite.

#338 2 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

You really can not say that due to the fact Data East never got to complete the game because
of William's law suite.

Yeah I can, I owned the game and enjoyed my time with it, had the updated code thing and while it might not have been fully completed theres nothing they could have done to make even remotely close to being as good a game as Stern SW. Ok maybe manure is too strong a word, how about fertilizer?

#339 2 years ago

O.K.

#340 2 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I'm willing to bet you wind up with a Stern SW one day. You'll buy a HUO pro.

You'll see. I'm like f**king Nostradamus.

#341 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've found the only opinion i care about is my own once i play it!
Heard same crapola with TWD.
It's not that difficult to cut through the bias. Play it a few hundred times and then tell me what you think.
That said, I'm out on LE, not because of the play.

My TWD is still rockin' my world. Damn that pin is fun as fuck.

Been a SW fanatic since '77. Spent my allowance at Kreske's in Porter Sq every sat on action figures... but this SW pin screamed plain Jane to me. Sadly, quite sadly, moving on.

#342 2 years ago

Beezleboob....Mr's Thompson's 3rd grade class, Fairfield N.J. 1963

Boob 3rd grade (resized).jpg

#343 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

My TWD is still rockin' my world. Damn that pin is fun as fuck.
Been a SW fanatic since '77. Spent my allowance at Kreske's in Porter Sq every sat on action figures... but this SW pin screamed plain Jane to me. Sadly, quite sadly, moving on.

You are missing out on a great game. If you like ironman, you'll like Sw. Based on what you list in your collection, Sw would be a great addition.

#344 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Sadly, quite sadly, moving on.

Making a big mistake Underlord, I hope you give it a chance cause you will like it, forget toys and all that crap the gameplay is solid and damn fun.

#345 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah I can, I owned the game and enjoyed my time with it, had the updated code thing and while it might not have been fully completed theres nothing they could have done to make even remotely close to being as good a game as Stern SW. Ok maybe manure is too strong a word, how about fertilizer?

I understand your point. But which one has cooler looking toys. After you look past the blinky/glitter effect of the new displays? DE has more going on. Now, picture yourself as a non pinball person, going see both of these games side by side in a movie theater or something. Looking at the playfields of each, and the toys they have. Which one do you think they will gravitate towards?

The one with a GPS and a micro machines death star & tie fighter that sits on a stick.

Or the one with the rotating death star with a moving door
Bouncing and rotating R2-D2
fun looking spiral ramp

for the non pin person. DE has way more to entice the dollars.

#346 2 years ago

Played a de SW last night on location. I used to want this pin when I first started collecting, but now there's no way I'd get one. It's boring. Great toys, but bad rules and feels cheap. The stern SW definitely falls short of my hopes, but it has to be better than the DESW. Seriously a franchise deserving of sooooo much more.

#347 2 years ago

Micro machines Death Star and GPS, LOL

#348 2 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

That's your problem.

#349 2 years ago

It's a great game and I'm glad I can play it on location but I would never own it. Too much for too little.

#350 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

The one with a GPS and a micro machines death star & tie fighter that sits on a stick.
Or the one with the rotating death star with a moving door
Bouncing and rotating R2-D2
fun looking spiral ramp
for the non pin person. DE has way more to entice the dollars.

What? no one is getting drawn into DE SW due to the bouncing R2, half DStar and fun looking spiral ramp over Stern version. Come on man, not sure how you could state that without it being a joke but hey to each his own.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 674 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside