SQ_box (resized).jpg
IMG_1219 (resized).JPG
storm-trooper (resized).jpg
ikea (resized).jpg
1trvek (resized).jpg
IMG_2380 (resized).JPG
Boob 3rd grade (resized).jpg
IMG_2426 (resized).PNG
There are 674 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'd love to know who the 20 are, makin' their mommas so proud!
As to the rest of us, c'mon guys, PLAY BETTER!

Man those 20 must get soooo many chicks. Save some for the rest of us!

#152 6 years ago

As to the rest of us, c'mon guys, PLAY BETTER!

Write a review and I'll let you know if you are in "The Players Club" like Telly Savalas.

hint: if your review is basically about the lack of toys, "wow factor," magic, innovation, and complaints about how it isn't like "The Hobbit"...you probably aren't a player.

#153 6 years ago

Good review.

Star Wars is the pin that has finally bit Stern in the ass because of feature cutting and raising prices.

Crazy to think that GB Premium was $6700 shipped in January, is a far more feature packed game then SW, and that a SW Premium is $7400 (I think) shipped.

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Write a review and I'll let you know if you are in "The Players Club" like Telly Savalas.
hint: if your review is basically about the lack of toys, "wow factor," magic, innovation, and complaints about how it isn't like "The Hobbit"...you probably aren't a player.

I've got probably 40 games in now and think Star Wars Pro is awesome! Can I be a member of the "Players Club"? I have no interest in the extra features of the LE/Prem and I don't care if it is light on toys and features. The game is fast and fun and has strategy for days! The lighting, audio and video is better than anything else in this price range. I can't speak for the LE/Prem. but I think Stern knocked the Pro out of the park!

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Here's my review...

It's a 6000 dollar No Fear, with less features to shoot.

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

not to start another this vs that machine contest in this thread...but i agree 100%
i put 1 hour on aerosmith pro yesterday, and 1 hour on star wars pro.
star wars gameplay is more smooth, less clunky, and generally more fun. i enjoy aerosmith as a band, and the machine is gorgeous, but it just doesn't add up to SW.

You can't really play a game for only an hour and make a informed decision on it IMO. When I first got my AS I was like .....meh it's ok. After putting some good time on it and learning about the rules etc I am.now addicted to it. AS is one Bad Azz game believe me.

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

telly (resized).jpgtelly (resized).jpg

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You can't really play a game for only an hour and make a informed decision on it IMO. When I first got my AS I was like .....meh it's ok. After putting some good time on it and learning about the rules etc I am.now addicted to it. AS is one Bad Azz game believe me.

Uh, dude...BEFORE you got your Aerosmith you were talking about how Aerosmith was very good and would sell very well. You are one of the absolute worst on Pinside for giving verdicts on games before even playing them. You were already declaring Aerosmith to be great before you even had a chance to play it.

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Uh, dude...BEFORE you got your Aerosmith you were talking about how Aerosmith was very good and would sell very well. You are one of the absolute worst on Pinside for giving verdicts on games before even playing them. You were already declaring Aerosmith to be great before you even had a chance to play it.

Umm....DUDE, I think you must have me mixed up with someone else because I dogged AS like a MF and said it would be the worst selling game Stern has put out since WWE. If you're going to talk sh*t, at least know what the hell you are talking about.

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Here's my review...

When I first saw it No Fear is the first thing that came to my mind. Thats not neccesarily a bad thing though I guess.

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Umm....DUDE, I think you must have me mixed up with someone else because I dogged AS like a MF and said it would be the worst selling game Stern has put out since WWE. If you're going to talk sh*t, at least know what the hell you are talking about.

Do you want me to pull links? Because...man, you have a lot of quotes that one could pull. This took less than 30 seconds to find. I'm sure there's plenty more.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

If you have seen gameplay footage of Aerosmith you can't deny it's greatness so far dude for real. AS looks like it's gonna be a hit to me!

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Here's my review...

Did you play SW yet? Reminds me of the people that used to say IM was the same as Austin Powers before they played it.

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Do you want me to pull links? Because...man, you have a lot of quotes that one could pull. This took less than 30 seconds to find. I'm sure there's plenty more.

That was after the game had came out. I'm talking about before I ever seen any gameplay. I said it was a horrible theme and would suck and not sell well.

After I seen some gameplay of it i was pleasantly surprised. Why the F do you care anyways? Shouldn't you be bitching in one of the Stern bashing threads somewhere instead of chasing me around these forums like a little girl? You have got to be the most negative person I have ever seen!

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

After I seen some gameplay of it i was pleasantly surprised. Why the F do you care anyways? Shouldn't you be bitching in one of the Stern bashing threads somewhere instead of chasing me around these forums like a little girl? You have got to be the most negative person I have ever seen!

If you're not comfortable being called out, don't call others out. You just told someone that his opinion after playing for an hour wasn't valid. If you don't want someone doing that to you (after only seeing a video), keep your mouth shut. That's the point. That's all I'm going to say on the matter. (edited).

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

If you're not comfortable being called out, don't call others out. You just told someone that his opinion after playing for an hour wasn't valid. If you don't want someone doing that to you (after only seeing a video), keep your mouth shut. That's the point. That's all I'm going to say on the matter. (edited).

I wasn't calling him out DA! I just said that i didn't think that you could play a game for one hour and make a fair assessment on it. I wasn't calling him out or being a dick (like some people on here) or anything at all....just having a discussion more than anything.

If you don't like what I have to say maybe you should put me on ignore. Thats pretty much the best advice that I can give you.

#166 6 years ago

Spoilers

#167 6 years ago

jar155 and Who-Dey please take it to PM. No body else cares.

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What about "world under glass" references?

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

What about "world under glass" references?

Well I assume it's just fine since I'm the only one that downvotes anyone that types it. It's the worst...yes worse that *shrug*

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What's a "player"? I thought this was a pinball forum. Am I wrong?

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

What's a "player"? I thought this was a pinball forum. Am I wrong?

Well you have your players on one side, and your diaper rubbers on the other.

#172 6 years ago

1th3de (resized).jpg1th3de (resized).jpg

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Don't google that.

Well not at work anyway

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

What's a "player"?

Ask Big Pun. As for me, I'm not a player I just f@#k a lot.

#176 6 years ago

i pretty much hear that saying(the original saying) everytime i play. The Emporor talks to me ALOT! He mocks you the entire time if your getting tilt warnings and he really lays it on you if you tilt. His callouts are the best ones in the game i think. You know the saying if you aint tilting you aint playing...guess im a player!

#177 6 years ago

What's the difference between a "player" and a "Pinsider" that he's referencing?

Please God tell me there's some criterion used where one ascends to "player" status - roflmao!
I need to see this! "SW is an awesome game but you wouldn't understand....it's a player thing."

Seriously, is it guys who play in tournaments? If so, where can I find footage of these athletes that mere nerds tremble in the presence of?

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Seriously, is it guys who play in tournaments? If so, where can I find footage of these athletes that mere nerds tremble in the presence of?

Well you sound like a player if you don't know the diff'rence. You sound upset but this is kind of a real thing...I think we even used to have a whole foxworthy "you might be a Pinsider if..." type thing going at some point.
My guess is you think most people would say they are a player when in fact that isn't the case. You have a sustantial number of people that enjoy the tinkering & fixing more than playing. The newer breed are even more so interested in modding even before playing.

So it's not really as outlandish as you're making it sound.

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

IMO, the super le would need to change multiple elements of this game to be on par from a fun perspective to recent Sterns

Are there SuperLE Star Wars?
I hadn't heard they were doing an SLE... but I haven't been playing close attention.
Did Stern do another greed play?

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well you sound like a player if you don't know the diff'rence. You sound upset but this is kind of a real thing...I think we even used to have a whole foxworthy "you might be a Pinsider if..." type thing going at some point.
My guess is you think most people would say they are a player when in fact that isn't the case. You have a sustantial number of people that enjoy the tinkering & fixing more than playing. The newer breed are even more so interested in modding even before playing.
So it's not really as outlandish as you're making it sound.

Well Crazy Levi said he thinks there's only 20 players in here (Pinside). Is there a definition? I'm absolutely not upset but rather completely amused and intrigued.

#181 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Well Crazy Levi said he thinks there's only 20 players in here (Pinside).

I read it as 20 players in this thread, as he mentions Pinside separately after

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Players will like this game. So that's like 20 of you.
Pinsiders? Who the Hell knows....

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Well Crazy Levi said he thinks there's only 20 players in here (Pinside). Is there a definition? I'm absolutely not upset but rather completely amused and intrigued.

I can't speak for Levi but it seems like most of the discussion on Star Wars focuses on such things as the artwork, the number of toys, whether the game is a "World under Glass", comparing the BOM and # of toys to JJP games, Stern quality issues,etc. If you ignore all that stuff and just play the game it's a lot of fun!

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I read it as 20 players in this thread, as he mentions Pinside separately after

Nah, it's all Pinsiders, sans the 20 "players" (or playas?). It's painted with a nice, broad brush.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why anybody would come to Pinside for a review on a game is beyond me. The vast majority of pinsiders CAN literally look at a photo of a game or watch a little video and decide if it's a game for them. The vast majority of reviews here provide little more insight than a photo or a flyer.

Players will like this game. So that's like 20 of you.

Pinsiders? Who the Hell knows. I've given up trying to figure out what makes your average Pinsider tick when it comes to what they like in a pinball machine.

#184 6 years ago

Really the only part of the original message that is a review is this paragraph:

"The bumpers are blocked by the small screen feature. The mode choices don't change the structure of the playfield which seems to be missing any real stand out feature. Nothing moves other than a tie fighter that kind of bobbles. It's almost as stationary as RBION is."

Every other paragraph is a personal opinion leaning towards the negative. While I appreciate your opinion, the review I found in fact quite lackluster.

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

...most of the discussion on Star Wars focuses on such things as ....

And the crushed dreams, the childhood ruining, the way they should have have made it just the way people envisioned it yada yada..,..tear city

Quoted from mittens:

It's almost as stationary as RBION is."

My favorite Stern machine

#186 6 years ago

all of you really need to step away from your computers and enjoy the weather outside. 'cuz this thread is just dragging everyone down, hard.

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Guess you didn't see the DI reveal at Expo. It's amazing how quickly opinions change around here in a year. GOT was creamed by people here on the reveal. Now it's considered a great game by many of the top players.
Let's all just take a Xanax and see how the game develops. As for me, I'm staying in on my LE order, regardless of everybody else's opinion.

After playing with you at Pintastic, I guess I'll have to stop by and put up some decent scores on yours.

As to the opinions...I'm not surprised anymore by comments & reaction. I got bashed for saying I didn't like it after the crappy "reveal", or at least saying that I was disappointed. People said "how can you criticize the game??? play it first." I'm not blind, so I could see the art and PF layout, and just wasn't flabbergasted like I should have been. A valid point, but bashing continued.

Then I played the shit out of the Pro at Pintastic...said I still didn't like it all that much (it did seem like a much better game drunk off my ass). People (laughably some of whom hadn't even played, seen or touched the game at all themselves) said you didn't play it enough. So now someone was bashing my opinion, although I had first hand experience on the pin, whereas they had absolutely none. Since that time, I gave up on the "Great SW Debate of 2017" other than posting this. There is no winning that argument, or point in trying to make a point.

If you like it, you do. If you don't, you don't.

To me, this game is kind of like Hayden Christensen's acting as Anakin...lacking in many ways, yet it was full of potential. Who the hell didn't want to play a young Darth Vader? Other than hacking up the Sandpeople and the Younglings...his performance = blah.

Overall: The art was slightly better in person, but not great. I think SW is fun to play...for the first few games. Then I was bored of it. If I bought one, I could see myself playing the shit out of it for a few days...maybe a week. Then I probably wouldn't touch it for quite a while. Does that warrant dumping $5k plus even for a Pro? Not to me. If you love it, enjoy it. When they hit the secondary market, I might grab one just to have it. I mean........it is Star Wars.

#188 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Are there SuperLE Star Wars?
I hadn't heard they were doing an SLE... but I haven't been playing close attention.
Did Stern do another greed play?

Yes. But this time they just called it an LE.

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

If you like it, you do. If you don't, you don't.
To me, this game is kind of like Hayden Christensen's acting as Anakin...lacking in many ways, yet it was full of potential.

This is exactly how I felt about you.

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

I don't hate SW pro or GOT pro. I hate Monopoly. I do like SW better than GOT but likely theme has a lot to do with that. Both seem kind of barren. Given the following, both titles could have used more bling but maybe it's a margin issue with Stern.

GOT was another missed opportunity for great toys and great art. Instead they decided to strip it, and make it look like total shit. Lyman did what he could to try and save it. But even the best code in the world can't save an uneventful layout. SW feels empty as well. I know stern can be creative in the toy department. Look at POTC. They just don't want to have to think that much anymore.

#191 6 years ago

If everyone would stop telling richie he is the king of flow he might start designing something different than GoT and SW layouts.

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

GOT was another missed opportunity for great toys and great art. Instead they decided to strip it, and make it look like total shit. Lyman did what he could to try and save it. But even the best code in the world can't save an uneventful layout. SW feels empty as well. I know stern can be creative in the toy department. Look at POTC. They just don't want to have to think that much anymore.

you mean Dwight not Lyman

#193 6 years ago

Call me silly, but I love playfield magnets. Such a great thing seeing that ball come to a dead stop, get thrown around, manipulated, picked up, etc. I LOVE playfield magnets. You know you do too. Such a great idea.

Look at modern games like TWD, MET, SM.... great integrated gameplay. Looks at classics like BSD, TAF, TZ.... such innovative uses of playfield magnets. Look at classic outlane magnet ball saves like Black Knight & Grand Lizard, how awesome are they? Even IM, one of the fastest games ever, has a playfield magnet. Magnets are awesome. There's so much you can do with them.

So why the hell does SW (which SCREAMS for a playfield magnet to USE THE FORCE) not have a fricking playfield magnet??? That's just incomprehensible to me. It should have like 4 playfield magnets & should have taken BSD's Myst Multiball gimmick to another level. THAT's the type of gameplay that should have represented this theme, not some blazing fast ramp/orbit speedfest. I know I'm disappointed & should get over it, but what a lost opportunity IMO. Don't bring up the hyperspace loop magnets either, those aren't even on the playfield.

#196 6 years ago

oops, my bad. Regardless on who does the code. Best code in the world can't save a boring looking and playing game. GOT is a little to stripped down and the art package is god awful.

Good thing I didn't start talking about GOT to lyman when I was in group with him at pinburgh. Was going to ask him if he was a fan of the show, because the rules and code seems very involved to someone who actually watches it. I talk to dwight from time to time as well. But I don't want him thinking about GOT, I want him to make my librarian insert actually do something.

#197 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Call me silly, but I love playfield magnets. Such a great thing seeing that ball come to a dead stop, get thrown around, manipulated, picked up, etc. I LOVE playfield magnets. You know you do too. Such a great idea.
Look at modern games like TWD, MET, SM.... great integrated gameplay. Looks at classics like BSD, TAF, TZ.... such innovative uses of playfield magnets. Look at classic outlane magnet ball saves like Black Knight & Grand Lizard, how awesome are they? Even IM, one of the fastest games ever, has a playfield magnet. Magnets are awesome. There's so much you can do with them.
So why the hell does SW (which SCREAMS for a playfield magnet to USE THE FORCE) not have a fricking playfield magnet??? That's just incomprehensible to me. It should have like 4 playfield magnets & should have taken BSD's Myst Multiball gimmick to another level. THAT's the type of gameplay that should have represented this theme, not some blazing fast ramp/orbit speedfest. I know I'm disappointed & should get over it, but what a lost opportunity IMO. Don't bring up the hyperspace loop magnets either, those aren't even on the playfield.

Magnets cost money.

Anyway loved TOTAN magnet trick (borrowed for Metallica).

My early recollections of pinball were in the 70's once I'm rediscovered pinball in the 90's was in love with TZ, TAF etc.. magnets.

#198 6 years ago

Sorry to be positive in a negative review thread but I think a few things missed.

1. Actual actors voices and clips from the actual movies!!
2. Color changing GI on the freakin' pro! This is the first game to do this and one of my favorite features that was previously limited to premium games only.
3. Stop counting the toys and looking at photos of the game and crying and get out there and play it some more. I think the tie fighter toy is perfect, it looks like it's flying out of the deathstar to engage you in battle. I freakin' love it!

All this stuff costs money to put into the game. They decided to buy the real assets (sound track and movie clips) to make it more authentic rather than put a few more hallmark ornaments that shake like you guys enjoy.

It's star wars - go out and play, or don't, whatever.

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

oops, my bad. Regardless on who does the code. Best code in the world can't save a boring looking and playing game. GOT is a little to stripped down and the art package is god awful.
Good thing I didn't start talking about GOT to lyman when I was in group with him at pinburgh. Was going to ask him if he was a fan of the show, because the rules and code seems very involved to someone who actually watches it. I talk to dwight from time to time as well. But I don't want him thinking about GOT, I want him to make my librarian insert actually do something.

You are a dinasour Neo. Your $6k max has left the station. Expect Stern pro

Need to figure out who is on code first though

#200 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

He's being a judgey snob - he's basically saying people here don't play games, they just spend money on them, look at them, mod them, but know nothing about gameplay.

He's basically become a sychophant: "If it's pinball, it's good". It's possible to be a "player" and think this (or any) game sucks. It's possible to be a player and not enjoy it for any variety of reasons. We all look for something different in a game that defines whether it's fun to us. If you like SW, cool. If you don't, that doesn't mean Levi gets to dictate how you're defined within the world
of pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 21.50
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 674 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-a-negative-review/page/4?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.